Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! They HAD a jackery, just like mine! I saw it in their video. That might be enough with their solar panels.

Anybody know how much sun the area got between the 25th and the 29th?

(I have a Prius wagon - built-in bed, freezer, Artic cooler, micro-oven, pull-out desk that converts to a dog bed at night, and room for the more than 100 books I took on my last road trip - pre-pandemic. Next time, it will just be Kindle.)
i didn't even see that they had panels on their van. I saw what i thought was a roof fan but i didn't look very close. By the time i knew of the van it wasn't important and already in impound. So i just didn't check out their van build.

She couldn't have been working on her Vlog - no WiFi in dispersed campgrounds. That's what's so utterly self-contradictory about that part of his story.

He hasn't told any story .None of this information has came from him . Miranda said he said it ,but maybe he said something about the vlog and she inferred incorrectly or was gathering tiny pieces of what he said and remembers only the jist of things . MB doesn't even know this guy.I dont- not believe her ,I think she is honestly portraying her view but I have a lot of these aged people around me and all of them relay the same story different ,I think age might even be irrelevant in this telephone game .
In all honesty I really wonder if Gabby really enjoyed the dyrt life. I could see her being a person to park in a lot for the free wifi. Sounds crazy but the internet and wifi are peoples safe space these days. So maybe she planned her trip with that ideal , and he didnt ,he wanted to be offline and the only person to be there for here ,so when the friends birthday rolled around ,Gabby was probably excited and it hurt BL's feelings. Probably lots of ,it's just us now babe..etc..during the trip. However much she loved them or him or whatever ..giving up her safe space triggered her anxiety .
Gabby has 6 siblings ,she is probably used to sacrifice ,aversion ,and compromise but I do believe she hit her limit with her and him and no wifi. All of this is speculation . I am not an expert of people this age ,nor do I know any people currently mentioned.

Longtime member here, but I’ve been away a long time, this case has hit close to home, though, so I’m trying to keep up on the threads.

I lived in Jackson until last year, another family forced out by the housing crisis the valley is gripped in.

Thanks for posting. Can you comment on the bear threat, specifically in the area they were staying? I'm curious how the locals prepare for bear country everyday life?

Based on this timeline, where does he sleep-off 36-48 hours of being more or less awake in the wilderness after hiding a body?

Aug 27: last contact, snapchat (time unknown)
Aug 27: suppose 9:00 PM, something goes wrong (early estimate)
Aug 28: Gabby did not firm up plans to meet Birthday Girl at Yellowstone on Aug 29
Aug 28: 9 PM, 24 hours later (hiding a body, resting without food, tent, water, sleeping bag)
Aug 29: morning, missed friend's birthday plan
Aug 29: 5:30 PM, 44.5 hours later, smelling clean, hitchhiked from tourist parking lot shower
Aug 29: 6:07 PM: Where was he dropped off ?? Snake River Outlook?
Aug 29: 9 PM, 48 hours later, he sleeps? Where ? In his tent ?
Aug 30: heads to Florida
Sept 1: arrives

If Brian is the hitchhiker, and he and Gabby hiked miles into the forest (away from their van), where did they park the van, and where did they intend to camp?

Based on roads provided in the last thread, is this a camp site? Was he dropped off at Snake River Overlook?

upload_2021-9-19_0-5-56.png

upload_2021-9-19_0-20-26.png

upload_2021-9-19_0-51-6.png

That trip back to Florida for a week bothers me. MOO
I've been thinking a lot about that trip. It just seems weird. Why pay for airfare and for a hotel for Gabby just to move some things. And the cost doesn't justify the savings necessarily.

So, I'm leaning into it being an excuse to separate them for a few days because it was bad - tell Gabby he had to help his dad, when in reality he needed time away and/or his parents thought he needed time away. Plus, they may have wanted to lay eyes on him to determine whether he was ok.

Thanks for posting. Can you comment on the bear threat, specifically in the area they were staying? I'm curious how the locals prepare for bear country everyday life?

I would be practicing my highest level of bear aware camping in Spread Creek. Bear spray on my belt when outside the van, keep an eye on kids, and clean up food smells/keep food in hard sided containers, etc. I’d be a little less vigilant about the bear spray in a regular campground at/near the park. I would have bear spray and be loud (thanks to kids, I don’t have to worry about that part) on any hiking trail I was on.

That said, I’m a former NPS employee married to a Forest Ranger, so I’m pretty vigilant and rule-following.

I don't see any evidence that he was ever in the wilderness at all - other than his story to Miranda TikTok - it it was full of other lies.

He wasn't with the van. He wasn't anywhere near the van. He was trying to get back to it. He got to that spot he got picked up somehow. One possibility is that he walked there from the dispersed campsite.

Constructing an alibi is why I believe he told them specifically that he had been hiking/camping for four days and she stayed back with the van. It put him in one place for four days during which anything could have happened to her while he was gone. He wanted to get that on the record.

…except that was just a random ride with a stranger that he couldn’t have known would come to light later. Also, he made no real use of an alibi when it mattered. He returned to Florida and said nothing. He wouldn’t even talk to the cops, let alone explain why he returned alone.

Right. Empty backpack when picked up from camping alone for a while, but a backpack full enough that it was secured with the waist-belt at the hip for a "day hike" last Tuesday in FL? Give me a break... (MOO!)

Camping how long in the Wyoming woods?

Last contact with Gabby was snapchat with friend August 27, time unknown.

He was allegedly picked up hitchhiking at 5:44 PM on August 29, after apparently taking a 36-48 hour (?) solo overnight hiking trip while his girlfriend was doing social media at the van?

45 hours later? No girlfriend, no tent, no clothing, no food? No social media.

Where did he sleep over night on August 29 ?

That’s the area he was picked up.

Snake river, maybe. Hiking? Probably not. Definitely not tarp camping for several days. He would have perished from hypothermia. So why should we believe he was hiking?
Based on this timeline, where does he sleep-off 36-48 hours of being more or less awake in the wilderness after hiding a body?

Aug 27: last contact, snapchat (time unknown)
Aug 27: suppose 9:00 PM, something goes wrong (early estimate)
Aug 28: Gabby did not firm up plans to meet Birthday Girl at Yellowstone on Aug 29
Aug 28: 9 PM, 24 hours later (hiding a body, resting without food, tent, water, sleeping bag)
Aug 29: morning, missed friend's birthday plan
Aug 29: 5:30 PM, 44.5 hours later, smelling clean, hitchhiked from tourist parking lot shower
Aug 29: 6:07 PM: Where was he dropped off ?? Snake River Outlook?
Aug 29: 9 PM, 48 hours later, he sleeps? Where ? In his tent ?
Aug 30: heads to Florida
Sept 1: arrives

If Brian is the hitchhiker, and he and Gabby hiked miles into the forest (away from their van), where did they park the van, and where did they intend to camp?

Based on roads provided in the last thread, is this a camp site? Was he dropped off at Snake River Overlook?

View attachment 313265

View attachment 313266

View attachment 313269

He was dropped off at the Jackson Lake Dam.

Most scenarios seem to involve BL doing harm to GP, intentionally or otherwise. What if GB and BL had another fight late on the 26th which simply lead to him going off alone in an attempt to separate temporarily like the police had split them up days earlier. He left her behind in the tent and something happened to her while he was gone (something self-inflicted or maybe accidental). By the time he returns and finds her, he freaks out and takes the van straight home.

Under normal circumstances you’d think he would just report it but they both potentially seem mentally unstable judging by the evidence. What if BL’s real crime here is what he did with the body after the fact, due to panicking, rather than what he did to her?

One of the things that lead me in this direction is his discussion with the woman from TikTok. If you’d killed someone, would you even mention them to a stranger let alone talk about them being back at the van, etc? What if he cleaned himself up to return to her and it was too late?
IMO, it's very straightforward. If you come back after a fight and find your partner dead you call 911. If you find anyone injured or dead you call 911.

This business of running away and hiding behind lawyers is for people who have committed a crime. IMO, if you hadn't committed a crime, it would never occur to you that you need a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong