Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby Petito: Police study photo of man who looks like Brian Laundrie

A cellphone photo of a man walking around North Port, Florida on Friday looks a "heck" of a lot like missing Gabby Petito's boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, a spokesperson for the North Port Police Department, told the New York Post.

The picture was taken by 18-year-old passerby Zachary Randazzo, who was driving around Targee Ave in North Port on Friday, which is two blocks away from the family home.

It was taken at around 5 pm, an hour and a half before investigators showed up at the family home after Laundrie's attorney reported him missing.

Miranda Baker said she and her boyfriend picked up Laundrie in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming, on August 29. Van was spotted by YouTubers on Aug 27. So going by what BL told them about camping for 4 days, GP was just parked in the middle of nowhere by herself?

Trigger warning, not a pleasant scenario follows: Hypothetically, let’s say Brian strangled Gabby in a fit of rage fighting over her leaving him to see friend on birthday. Her remains, God bless the young innocent girl, left somewhere in the middle of the Godforsaken wilderness subject to the elements and the fauna. They ,the police and FBI ,never ever find them so no crime. No DNA, nothing to light up luminal, he takes days to return to van, all washed up. He remains silent for life on what occurred. Now what??? Can he get away with murder?????
Under those conditions, yes: If not forever, then for decades. We’ve seen examples of both scenarios:

Cases which are never solved (ergo, the perpetrator got away with murder) and cold cases where the person is apprehended after decades of liberty.

All we can do is hope that will not be the case with GP.

This is just a simple example but this man can build most anything with a tarp, paracord and a knife. BL doesn’t seem to have a modicum of these abilities, but I think he can throw a tarp over a limb. The other survival skills? Not so much.

Just to add to the copious posts about using a tarp while camping.

Also, I recommend everyone keep a small tarp and paracord in their vehicles in case of emergency. I think I buy a tarp every time I go to Harbor Freight. We always had at least one tarp when camping (we would place a tarp under the tent and a couple when we had our pop up).

Y’all have a nice day, and let’s find Miss Gabby and bring that Travel Companion of hers in.....I mean home.

I wonder if there is any legal basis for LE to do this? Otherwise, they’ll of course refuse, with the aid of their attorney.

If BL had been charged with a felony, it’d be a different story.

I get that. Surely they can think of SOMETHING to take them in for. There has to be information that LE knows that we don't. Aiding and Abetting? While I know BL hasn't been charged with anything bc there is no evidence of a crime, LE can come up with something. LE messed up by not keeping tabs on BL. He could be anyways by now. He has a 3 day head start. This has gotten way out of hand.

From your link:
Mr Petito appealed for the public to keep his daughter at the forefront of their minds, and revealed he had been left distraught when her Instagram account was temporarily deleted.

“You need to look at Gabby. Memorise her face, memorise her tattoos, her mannerisms.”

*eta:
On Sunday morning, law enforcement was gathering to start the search. A volunteer arrived to block off the entrance to Sarasota nature preserve.

FGCU professor David Thomas, who is also a former law enforcement officer, said investigators still need to find some sort of evidence linking Laundrie to Petito’s disappearance.

“There’s tons of convictions where there is no body, it’s more difficult but they built on good circumstantial evidence just to be able to show this is what happened what transpired,” Thomas said.
Search expected to continue for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito

Last edited:
The fact that Brian is hyper-compliant during the traffic stop and his head snaps around to follow the officer's pointing finger before the officer has asked him to go and sit where his finger is pointing suggests that Brian could be easily led in an interrogation. Maybe that's why his parents won't let him be interviewed.

Personally, I find Brian so devoid of anger that it's unlikely he would kill Gabby or anyone else in a rage.

Gabby Petito: Searches continue for missing woman and her fiancé - CNN

Police believe the vehicle Laundrie was driving may have been at the reserve too, but has since been returned to the Laundrie's home.

When asked why Laundrie's family didn't tell police of his whereabouts until Friday, Taylor said, "that's a great question."

On Saturday, the FBI said the search for Petito included ground surveys being conducted in Wyoming's Grand Teton National Park alongside the National Park Service and local authorities.

"This is an active and ongoing investigation, so we ask the public to maintain distance from any law enforcement personnel, equipment, vehicles, and their related activity for the safety of the public in these remote areas and to protect the integrity of our work," the FBI's Denver field office said in a tweet Saturday afternoon.

From your link:
Mr Petito appealed for the public to keep his daughter at the forefront of their minds, and revealed he had been left distraught when her Instagram account was temporarily deleted.

“You need to look at Gabby. Memorise her face, memorise her tattoos, her mannerisms.”
This poor man.
I wish he had of said the same about the POI. B/c if you find him, you have a much better chance of finding Gabby.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members