Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
There you go folks. That was what we needed. This video is now approved:

This is where the elk spotters also saw the van:

KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.

“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”

What’s interesting about Spread Creek is that Petito had marked the place as a possible camping area through the Dyrt website, something Valentine and his friend were unaware of when we spoke with them.

Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

You'd think, though, if he was acting purposefully in trying to set up an alibi, he'd actually use it, rather than pleading the 5th and going into hiding. MOO.
I don't think he has had a clear thought out plan so it maybe something he threw into the mix just in case he could use it to his advantage later.
IMO his behavior on the police body cam was erratic. It seemed like he was going over the top to suck up to the officers but would also throw in some salty comments.
Examples: When he made a little production about sitting when the officer asked him.
Talking about how they were going to get water and then being overly emphatic about not wanting a bottle of water from the officer.
When he called Gabby crazy in between trying to minimize the situation and trying to come off as a sympathetic fiance.

Imo, From the bodycam footage or somewhere, I have gotten the impression that he was going to take the van amd leave her, she knew it, and was scared he would do it. Why have a I gotten that impression? Did anybody else see that on msm, or the bodycam footage, or is this something I pulled out of left field??
What kind of person leaves someone behind on a roadtrip?? Idc if I was being mistreated.

And perhaps that is why he left. Because perhaps his parents and the lawyer were asking him to talk to the police.
I get that idea too. Maybe lots of pressure at home? I still think the parents at least should have answered the texts from GP family instead of going radio silent, saying he won't talk and we don't know anything, because he won't tell us. But I don't think that's true. I'm positive he said something that flipped them all out. Maybe not actually what happened to her, but something that indicated this was not going to end well. I imagine they will have to put their house up for sale soon.

Search for Gabby Petito’s fiancé Brian Laundrie continues
LATEST Updates

Search resumes for Laundrie
The search for Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the disappearance of his fiancée Gabby Petito, has resumed today.

….

Campers with information urged to come forward
The FBI is calling on people who stayed at the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area in Wyoming between 27 and 30 August to get in touch if they have information on Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie.

…..

Hashtag viewed more than quarter of billion times
The hashtag #GabbyPetito has been viewed more than 268 million times on social media network TikTok alone.

Dozens of other hashtags – such as #findgabbypetito and #gabbypetitoupdate – have attracted the views of millions of people intent on following the developments in her disappearance – according to numbers cited by Newsweek.

….

Reports that body was found are fake – police

BBM

Hopefully, we will hear something from MSM or FBI concerning this exact thing in this exact time frame. I think LE is getting things narrowed down and I pray they can find Gabby soon.

Whew! There it is! Hopefully MSM will link the video. It’s the van.....stickers, without the stickers we were sleuthing earlier.

Understandable venting. Probably not the best way to encourage Laundrie's free will help.
Agreed. I get emotions are high but the parents should really tread lightly with the attacks on Brian and his family in my opinion. Right now court of public opinion has already declared him guilty and his parents accessories. It reminds me of Lauren Spierer’s parents who were publicly relentless when it came to the boys who’d last seen their daughter before she went missing ans unlike Brian they had spoken to LE at first. But the public attacks didn’t bode well for them cooperating after as they all lawyered up and went quiet. For example, the family of Laci Peterson was very careful to not publicly condemn Scott Peterson until they had a clear reason and motive to do so (when it came out that he had a girlfriend). Don’t get me wrong, I am not attacking the parents for wanting answers from Brian or the family. It is beyond terrible for them to not have been forthcoming. I’m simply saying sometimes these families need to play ball in a way when it comes to the press and withhold putting pressure on who they suspect may be involved. At least until they have something more concrete to pin to them. It sucks but it’s proven to be effective unfortunately.

I am in Sweden the time is 4pm here and I have been waiting for the thread to open AND finally the vid is here, have been watching it for hours. Is there anyone with great software who can see what is in the field on left side around 1.46 close to the van.
It looks like a person digging. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
There you go folks. That was what we needed. This video is now approved:
EXCELLENT !

This van with Florida plates was spotted by the couple in the motorhome at Spread Creek Campground on Aug 27 .

So IMHO it was most likely there from at least Aug 27 to Aug 29 when BL was picked up hitchiking back to this area from Coulter Bay.

The video doesn't mention how long it was there after this sighting. I didn't hear her mention when the motorhome left the campground.

I sure hope there are CCTV cameras in Coulter Bay that would have retained footage from 3 weeks ago.

I am in Sweden the time is 4pm here and I have been waiting for the thread to open AND finally the vid is here, have been watching it for hours. Is there anyone with great software who can see what is in the field on left side around 1.46 close to the van.
didn't see anything.. Looked like a hat on the front dash of the van.

Snipping the timeline and working on it - specifically the cars in the driveway during Sept12-17

AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it

AUG 27
- Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.
AUG 29- BL is picked up at 5:30pm while
hiking alone in Grand Teton (tiktok reported in MSM)
B alleged that Laundrie had confessed to camping at an unregulated site in the National Park "in the middle of nowhere along Snake River."

AUG 29 Elk hunters spot van

AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite
August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify
SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone, (retains an attorney we don’t know when) & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service.

Sept 10- Gabbys Dad contacts LE?

SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI

Sept12-15- working on which cars were in the driveway- camper, mustang, red vehicle

Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Note: a vehicle left driveway at 6:04pm

Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest

Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement

Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)

Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home
Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday
Parents admit driving the mustang back after finding it at the preserve
Sept18- searches for Gabby and BL
Sept 19- BL search planned
—-
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*
Elk hunters sighting
Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida
Reporter Brian Entin video he posted on Tuesday 9/14 at 6:04 pm and he said the parents had left an hour previously.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437930287170822152?s=21

Then video of them returning in a red truck.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437932624534769668?s=21

——-
  • this reporter says that Brian’s family called police this morning and says he was last seen at the reserve by them and they came here on Tuesday and saw his mustang and drove it home
That's brilliant and generous of you.
Thank you very much.

What if BL did not go to the gator park, but is in fact on his way to GTNP...? Either to do his own searching for a left behind Gabby, or to hide evidence.

Are there other family vehicles he could have taken? Could he fly or travel under the radar without LE being aware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow