SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes but those numbers don't necessarily mean that most people are on pills. People who use and especially people who abuse drugs are on multiple different kinds and people who end up in the hospital due to overdose trends to be repeat offenders. It's like how the fact that most marriage ends in divorce is due to people who divorce getting divorced three, four, five times in their lives. The easy statistics to get very rarely prove what the source providing them intend for them to suggest. We live in a post-truth world.
I'm not saying that I have a reputable and definitive source suggesting that most wealthy people are on prescription drugs or that I am minimizing the seriousness of the prescription drug epidemic. Lots of middle class people are on prescription drugs but I have anecdotally noted that in addition to the poor, who are somewhat accurately stereotyped as being the primary victims of drug addiction, wealthy people are more likely to be addicted to medication than people in the middle class. It does seem like big pharma has done a lot in the last ten years to fill in the middle too though.
An older member of my close family (a retired 40 year elementary school teacher and church lady) very nearly died this summer as an indirect result of being on more prescription drugs than any of us were aware of. She has a small benign inner ear tumor that we have blamed for her having balance problems and for years she has taken occasional falls but she had two of them close enough together that she insisted on going to the hospital where she became irrational, her blood pressure got out of control, terrible incontinence including GI bleeds, everyone thought there was a real chance she would die despite what few problems her blood work revealed being quickly stabilized.
After about eight weeks under 24 hour care (including what in hindsight was a very strategically timed steroid injection) she is better than she has been in years. None of her doctors even once mentioned the word "addiction" they just went over her medication list and crossed a bunch of them off. None of her "friends" seemed willing to talk about it with her either or was left up to her family. I hope we got the message through to her and she will avoid that doctor, a doctor who has been a well known and respected local practitioner for decades.
Included in that CDC link, 46% of the population, 165 million people, get all those pills.
We are a nation of pill poppers, or almost half of us anyway.
We're #1 in the world.

Physician office prescribed:
860.4 million
Hospital emergency prescribed:
336 million

Last edited:
The Murdaughs have a $500,000 insurance policy for their boat, according to court documents accompanying Tinsley’s motion. In addition, they have two other insurance policies with Philadelphia Indemnity that cap out at $6 million.

Murdaugh Murders: What About Paul’s Brother Buster? Investigation Update

In a separate lawsuit, Philadelphia Indemnity is suing Richard Alexander (Alex) Murdaugh and Richard Alexander Murdaugh Jr. in federal court. The insurance company filed the suit in 2019 formally denying coverage associated with the boat crash lawsuit.

Court documents state that Philadelphia Indemnity is investigating whether the company has to cover Alex Murdaugh in the lawsuit.

Two other insurance companies – QBE Specialty and Homeowners of America – have denied Alex Murdaugh coverage in the lawsuit.

Had a thought, but just woke up, so it may make no sense. Could AM have hired CES to kill MM and PM? Then AM got frightened that CES was going to talk, so he called CES to his truck to shoot him, but CES wrestled the gun away from him and took off.

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Unpacking The Alex Murdaugh Bond Hearing

As it happened, Murdaugh’s $20,000 bond was posted on the S.C. fourteenth judicial circuit’s public index several hours before the hearing on Thursday. Although quickly removed from the website, the damage to the public trust was done.

The fact the exact bond amounts (and terms of the bond) were posted hours before prosecutors were given an opportunity to make their recommendation – let alone argue the merits of their request – indicates the magistrate had made her decision well in advance of hearing all the facts.

According to the article, prosecutors requested a $100,000 bond and monitoring, based on their view that AM is a flight risk.

Depends on what kind of heath problems you have as to what drugs you have to take. Heart problems run deep through my family, myself included. My doctor has me on Valium 2X daily for Afib. I have had to take some form of benzodiazepines for my heart since my first heart attack 30 years ago. I also take a few other less well known heart meds like Lasix and Nitro. (I cannot take any kind of opioid pain medication as it makes me vomit and have severe stomach cramps, so it is assumed I am allergic to it.) My brother is on several heart meds including Klonzipine. Another brother and a sister are on Xanax plus other heart meds. They are also given hydrocodone for chest pains in the ER. My 6 year old great niece who has had 5 open heart surgeries since birth is taking Ativan and is given hydrocodone when having chest pain.

Benzodiazepines are the go to drugs to prevent heart attacks and morphine can even stop heart attacks, or so my cardiologist tells me.

Am I addicted? I don't think so since I sometimes go days forgetting to take the Valium if I get busy. I have to flush the extra pills I forget to take every month, sometimes as much as a half of a bottle. But it makes no difference whether I am or not since my heart doctor said I will have to take them until the big one eventually gets me. lol

So some of the medications being discussed on here are being prescribed to treat serious health problems.

JMO

Please don't flush them, pharmacies take them back and safely dispose of them.

Drugs in the water - Harvard Health

Drug take-back programs, which allow people to drop off their unused medications at central locations, serve two purposes. They keep unused drugs out of the water and prevent diversion of drugs, mainly the opioid painkillers, for recreation and illegal purposes.

Another step in the right direction is new guidelines from the federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that discourage hospitals and nursing homes from flushing unused drugs down the drain or toilet. Guidelines for individuals also discourage flushing most, but not all, unused drugs. The question now is whether these and other efforts will be enough to keep the chemicals out of the water at a time when the use of pharmaceuticals and personal care products continues to grow at a rapid rate.

Had a thought, but just woke up, so it may make no sense. Could AM have hired CES to kill MM and PM? Then AM got frightened that CES was going to talk, so he called CES to his truck to shoot him, but CES wrestled the gun away from him and took off.

I’ve been trying to factor Smith into the murders but I’m sure SLED has figured out if he had a shaky alibi or not. I keep going back to PM being the intended victim for some reason. The problem is that his circle is mostly kids, college age but kids to me. Could folks in that age range plan and pull off something like these murders and stay quiet about it? Or not slip some other way?

Murdaugh housekeeper’s heirs are owed at least $3M more, lawyer claims

Murdaugh housekeeper’s heirs are owed at least $3M more, lawyer claims

That lawsuit claims Murdaugh and two other men diverted $505,000 that should have gone to Satterfield’s two sons following her February 2018 death, the report said. Bland told the newspaper he soon plans to name other people as defendants in connection with the allegations but would not provide details.

I hear voices talking over each other.

I have read that some people hear Alex make a comment that resembles Durst's admission in the bathroom, but, is Alex the lawyer that dumb about self-incrimination? If he's behind the murders, hasn't he thought exactly what to say and what not to say during his 911 call?
I heard the first part, "For God sakes Paul" then her talking overlaps. I guess all I can suggest is a pair of head phones, turn it all the way up and focus to disregard the woman's voice to hear, "Why'd you have to get involved". He's very, very emotional as he's speaking and concentrating on PM because he was asked if he was breathing.

As far as the...hasn't he thought this all out, why say that?

I believe AM was expecting to see his wife dead but not his son. It's true unbelieving grief he's having, being so close to the horror of two shot gun blasts to his son's upper body. He's looking to see if he's breathing when I'm sure his common sense was telling him he's gone. It's an emotional utterance, AJMO

Alex Murdaugh waived handling of his son's estate days before botched suicide, fraud scheme, records show
https://www.foxnews.com/us/alex-murdaugh-sons-estate-botched-suicide-fraud-scheme
On Aug. 27, Murdaugh, 53, signed away the right to personally represent the estate for his deceased son Paul, who at age 22 was found murdered at the family’s hunting estate in June, according to court records recently obtained by The State, a newspaper based in Columbia, S.C. Alex Murdaugh requested that his brother, Randolph Murdaugh IV, take over the handling of the estate after it went to probate.

Records show that Colleton County Probate Court Judge Ashley H. Amundson then certified Randolph Murdaugh IV’s application to represent the estate on Sept. 2. Randolph Murdaugh IV, who is Paul’s uncle, is still listed as an attorney on the website for the law firm, PMPED, in Hampton, South Carolina.

That is a very interesting scenario that a good forensic investigation of the scene could further suggest. Curtis Smith (any chance this dude is related to Steven Smith the gay kid who got his head mashed on the road?) might be a low rent lackey who has always been terrified of Alex, someone he discovered in the course of his work as a prosecutor who would do ANYTHING to stay on his good side.

Alex might have called him under the false premise of helping him change a tire not realizing his tires were run flat, or just knowing that Curtis wouldn't know that. That theory could explain why the tire change scenario was in Alex's mind even though it's implausible. It could explain why Alex had a superficial head wound that his soft *advertiser censored* might think was severe enough to claim he'd been shot. It could explain multiple shell casings with no obvious bullet holes. Again, I hope a thorough enough examination of the scene is done to recover some of those slugs for their trajectories to be analyzed. I have to assume Curtis's truck has been taken in as evidence too.

That is a very interesting scenario that a good forensic investigation of the scene could further suggest. Curtis Smith (any chance this dude is related to Steven Smith the gay kid who got his head mashed on the road?) might be a low rent lackey who has always been terrified of Alex, someone he discovered in the course of his work as a prosecutor who would do ANYTHING to stay on his good side.

Alex might have called him under the false premise of helping him change a tire not realizing his tires were run flat, or just knowing that Curtis wouldn't know that. That theory could explain why the tire change scenario was in Alex's mind even though it's implausible. It could explain why Alex had a superficial head wound that his soft *advertiser censored* might think was severe enough to claim he'd been shot. It could explain multiple shell casings with no obvious bullet holes. Again, I hope a thorough enough examination of the scene is done to recover some of those slugs for their trajectories to be analyzed. I have to assume Curtis's truck has been taken in as evidence too.

Snipped

Smith, who is both a distant cousin of Alex Murdaugh and a former client, is the latest person to be implicated in a twisted Southern Gothic murder mystery that has captivated the world.

Alex Murdaugh alleged shooter Curtis Smith says he was set up by disgraced lawyer

My thought this morning is what if CES was suppose to be the one shot on the side of the road? Stage a tussle over gun and state CES was shot by accident. Make it look like he is after the family? The scene is staged with several shot by the side of the car to show he was being shot at. CES thinks WTF, grabs the gun and takes off with it. The video would prove that I suppose, but he may have chosen that spot because it just out of the video shot but could still show the arrival of CES's truck and his car. This is only a thought and moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling