Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there is a campsite number associated with this spot…
I've updated the map with the location, based on the distance/curves from the double-drive they pass at 1:08 on the video.

I definitely think it is the Forest Rd 30290 section of the Spread Creek area
I'm thinking around site #5 ?
(Need confirmation - watch the youtube vid and match up to google maps/NFS campground map.)

@wnk - in the yt video she said August 27 that they saw the van, right? Your map says 8/29, although that is when the elk spotters saw it I think.

SO next question - how did he/they get from there to Coulter Bay? (heading to alltrails...)

<modsnip - broken quote>
If he’s there, the dogs would drop and pickup his scent again (that’s a guess). I’m just having a hard time with the parents state of mind in letting him go (I know he’s an adult), knowing people’s outrage and his state of mind /mental issues. If he insisted on going why didn’t dad go with him? I do believe the parents know exactly what happened, maybe not Gabby’s location but they know she’s not here any longer. I don’t think there are any friends that would help him, another family member maybe. Possibly picked him up and took him to another location to hide out.

To me, when i watch the video, it looks like someone or something moving in the front of the van as they drive past. Just me seeing that?

That is her hat, as seen in the last pic of her happy Halloween Instagram post and it’s on the dash when pulled over in Moab.
i don't see a hat in the happy halloween pic, she has sunglasses up in her hair

Any indication that the North Port PD has sent even one officer/investigator/detective to any western area involved? I realize that it's been said that they are a "small" department, but it seems that a trip west would be imperative to understanding first hand with what they are dealing.
I’m pretty sure the PD spokesperson was asked this a few days ago and his answer was no, they would not be sending any people… something along the lines of their guys wouldn’t be familiar with those areas to be of any use. I’ll try to find the video to link.

Surveillance video from Florida neighbor houses and businesses on the way to reserve and BLs home because he is a missing person correct? So verifying BL being at their parents home should be able to be easily proven
Exactly and they haven’t yet so that leads me to believe they have it and won’t be sharing it yet -IMO

I am screen grabbing and looking for anything amd everything. On a vry quick glance I dont see sandles. I do see possibly hat on a dash.
Window passenger side lower left. Im interested in whats in the seat or maybe it is just reflection.

Screen shot of the van in the video linked, is this a hat sitting on the dash? Looks like a ranger hat. Has either Gabby or Brian ever been seen wearing a hat like this?

Yeah I saw the hat on the dashboard in an ig story of BL's under the highlight, "van life". It's also in a post (second to most recent) on GP's ig grid but someone photoshopped the hat off of the pic. It's weird.

ETA: I'm wrong about which pic I saw the hat in. It was in the same spot but it's a different hat than what I was talking about. Sorry!!

I just keep wondering if BL was at his parents house how he got out of there to even go to the reserve to hike. In a news clip it shows BL mother outside for a minute and already news people were trying to ask her questions. In the news clip you can see the driveway isn't that big. And the front door to the home is very visible. With the mustang being parked closes to the door. JMO, but I think BL had a whole lot more time to make his get away than these days that he supposedly went to hike in the reserve.
I'm sorry if I sound like Ms. obvious here. So many posts so fast, it's hard to keep up.
I keep asking myself, how many people could actually be involved in helping this young man escape / avoid LE. I think about these men and women involved in this massive search, literally risking their lives to find this people. They have families, wife's husbands and children. So much RESPECT for them all. And who ever may be involved must know, or should know that in time LE will be able to come to better understanding of what has taken place. Then they will have to be accountable. SMDH!

EXCELLENT !

This van with Florida plates was spotted by the couple in the motorhome at Spread Creek Campground on Aug 27 .

So IMHO it was most likely there from at least Aug 27 to Aug 29 when BL was picked up hitchiking back to this area from Coulter Bay.

The video doesn't mention how long it was there after this sighting. I didn't hear her mention when the motorhome left the campground.

I sure hope there are CCTV cameras in Coulter Bay that would have retained footage from 3 weeks ago.

When you purposely slip off your shoes, you leave a pair, close together, behind. There's only one in the photo, pointed toward the van, not away. Who walks around with only one flipflop on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member