Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, does this mean they know the van's whereabouts on Aug 25 , 26 and / or Aug 31 and Sept 1?

I think it means they think that the critical 72 hours when Gabby died or was lost is between the 27th and 30th.

They seem confident that she's fine on the 25th and 26th. They know where he was on Sept 1, since that's when he arrived in FL. For sure he would have been in transit on the way to FL on the 31st.

I know what you mean. But in other cases with organized searches, you usually don't hear anything until they find a body. Times when LE and Equusearch have searched large areas it's usually silent until the search is complete and they announce they did not find anything of interest. In cases where they find a body, the media usually picks up evidence tents going up or the ME van arriving.

I would guess we won't hear anything until the end of the day when they say they stopped for the night and will continue tomorrow. I don't think the media will be able to get close to the western search areas because they closed the campground.
If the media uses helicopters or drones and we see a canopy go up - I think we will have answers. Sigh. JMO

i've been following these threads pretty closely (as well as possible) so forgive me if this has been cleared up but can we confirm brian was actually back in florida in september? is it possible he never was, and a family member or friend grabbed the van and drove it to FL from another state?

has anyone but the parents had confirmed eyes on him in FL in september?

Speculation:

I think Gabby is gone. But, whatever happened between them, I don't think Brian was strong enough to carry her anywhere. So I think she will be found very close to where she died. And if Brian really is hiking in the wilds of Florida, he might not be found.

Somehow he might have gotten help to leave the area. Since he is running, for sure knows he is libel for her death.

I think it means they think that the critical 72 hours when Gabby died or was lost is between the 27th and 30th.

They seem confident that she's fine on the 25th and 26th. They know where he was on Sept 1, since that's when he arrived in FL. For sure he would have been in transit on the way to FL on the 31st.

I think she died the evening of the 26th.

Do we know for absolute certain that he returned alone? What if he still has her as part of his jealous and possessive nature..?

I don't think a lot of details have been revealed about this or what LE knows about the journey home.

We've been told he returned on the 1st (or was back by the 1st)... not told if it was specifically at 1am or 11pm.

This focus on a completely reasonable speed of 45mph is kind of annoying. That's not fast. 15mph is slow as heck, may not have been as clearly posted as it should have been (like one sign that they missed from wherever they got on the road). Or just distracted and he gradually got up to speed without noticing. I have wondered speed on roads many times and it seemed to take forever before I finally got to a speed limit sign to verify what speed I should be driving.

The place where they were pulled over looked like a modern, wide 4 lane highway where I would feel safe driving 60 mph

Maybe the sofa has a pull out extension to create a bed? I think it's quite a livable situation with a tent for additional space to relax & sleep as desired/needed. These are fit, slender young people on an outdoor adventure where the sunshine days average 280+. To me, for their purposes it is more than doable. If they planned to live in it in a rainy climate....no. Do we know if they wanted it to be more than a temporary home? A try it and see if you like it? Everyone who contemplates van living has a different dream and needs. I thought about it as freedom from renting but am middle aged and not as fit as them. Any Instagram fame for me would have been a miracle (or nightmare)....lol
MOO
Interior width of a transit is about 6 feet +/-. Their bed looks to be, say, two-thirds(?) of that... so, maybe just shy of 4 feet +/-. Cozy, I suppose.

Can we add the dates when BL returned to Florida to move items into or from the North Port Home, please?
Thank you!
It’s in the original timeline in the media thread - today I am focusing on this snippet of the timeline
Here you go
MAR 17
: IG Post- 1 yr anniversary
JUL 2: GP announced her engagement to BL

JUL 2
: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and BL - GP is the owner of the van
JUL 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks
JUL 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs
JUL 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park
JUL 16: Petito’s smiling in a photo from the couple’s next stop at Zion National Park
JUL 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks
JUL 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park
JUL 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in hot tub at Mystic Hot Springs
JUL 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch
==================================
AUG 10
: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his gf then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.
AUG 12: The couple was at the organic store (Moonflower) from 9am to 3pm according to the police video - they were going to get water and showers - police report incident is at 4pm and the video is over an hour long of this incident. BL is taken to a hotel -Where does Gabby go for the night?

AUG 12
: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park - Believe the hike was august 9 and posted on aug 12
AUG 12 Moab, UT PD police incident report - no criminal charges,respond to an incident involving BL and Gabrielle Petito
AUG 12 Arches National Park - reservation only campsite (per PE) - Is this where Gabby stayed in her van/tent?

AUG 13
: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab
=============================
AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 -Some reports say he moved stuff into storage and some say out of storage

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)
AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah

AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it

AUG 27 - Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27-a Van is seen in the side of the road and youtubers post it - MSM picks up the story - could be Gabbys
In the video the lady says it was recorded Aug 27, 2021 at between 6:00 to 6:30 PM
AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.
AUG 29- BL is picked up at 5:30pm while
hiking alone in Grand Teton (tiktok reported in MSM)
B alleged that Laundrie had confessed to camping at an unregulated site in the National Park "in the middle of nowhere along Snake River."

AUG 29 Elk hunters spot van

AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite
August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify
SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone, (retains an attorney we don’t know when) & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service.

Sept 10- Gabbys Dad contacts LE?

SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI

Sept12-15- working on which cars were in the driveway- camper, mustang, red vehicle

Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Note: a vehicle left driveway at 6:04pm

Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest

Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement

Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)

Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home
Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday
Parents admit driving the mustang back after finding it at the preserve
Sept18- searches for Gabby and BL
Sept 19- BL search planned
—-
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Elk hunters sighting
Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida
Reporter Brian Entin video he posted on Tuesday 9/14 at 6:04 pm and he said the parents had left an hour previously.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437930287170822152?s=21

Then video of them returning in a red truck.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437932624534769668?s=21

——-
  • this reporter says that Brian’s family called police this morning and says he was last seen at the reserve by them and they came here on Tuesday and saw his mustang and drove it hom
UG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it (this is new information for the timeline)

Last edited:
i've been following these threads pretty closely (as well as possible) so forgive me if this has been cleared up but can we confirm brian was actually back in florida in september? is it possible he never was, and a family member or friend grabbed the van and drove it to FL from another state?

has anyone but the parents had confirmed eyes on him in FL in september?
Welcome!
Here you go. @Timestamp .40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members