Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. He has just as much reason to stay quiet if he was not involved in G going missing for whatever reason. Because no matter what he says or does, people will still point the finger at him and as was discussed in the previous thread, the smart thing is to say nothing that can be used against you.
I disagree. The smart thing is to do what every decent person on planet earth does in the situation.

You tell a desperate, grieving family where you last saw your girlfriend.

If there is an innocent explanation for this, a life hangs in the balance. You don't just let someone die because you are worried about yourself.

It's either hideously selfish, or it makes complete sense for another reason...

It’s a very important piece of information as it pretty much starts the timeline,' Petito's stepmother, Nichole Schmidt, told MailOnline. 'This new video of the actual van being seen on the 27th appears legit. That was the last location the van might have been seen. It’s a huge piece of the puzzle.'

'It’s essential and there might be more videos out there that people haven’t even realized they have yet,' she added. “If people were recording videos or just taking pictures, they need to start looking through their stuff.'

Meanwhile, Gabby’s mother dismissed the TikTok video that’s been widely circulated in which a young woman describes picking up a man she believed to be Brian on the 29th.

'We are not entertaining the TikTok video as legitimate due to the fact the timeline seems way off. Maybe she thought it was him, but I just know the timeline is off. The van left there the night of the 27th or early on the 28th. The van was in Florida on the first. It’s not possible for it to have been there on the 29th.'
Mother Gabby Petito confirms sighting of Gabby's van in Grand Teton days after she was last seen | Daily Mail Online
Wow threads are moving like crazy! Apologies if I’m behind. Does the 27th sighting change the timeline at all?

I haven't seen this before:

Family travel vloggers share video to social media claiming they saw Petito's van on August 27

with a short video
Live updates: Gabby Petito's fiancé Brian Laundrie could hide out in the swamps of the 'vast' Florida reserve 'for months,' police say
This was posted past midnight. I was awake because I live in the west coast.
I wanted to post it here but the thread was closed for the night. I went nuts! I got chills seeing that van.
Makes sense whey he hitchhiked. But I'm not sure if Gabby was ever in that location.
As per the comments above, I think this video has been discussed in the previous thread.

One call to WFLA and they could have an interview arranged inside their home in a heartbeat.
This being afraid of protesters is ridiculous. Your son is in a game preserve stocked with gators and enough mosquitoes to exsanguinate every drop of blood from him.
Not a peep.
I just do not think he’s in there - he may have gone in briefly (hence the “scent”) but my guess is he was picked up Tuesday evening and taken to a safe place to hide
JMO

The place where they were pulled over looked like a modern, wide 4 lane highway where I would feel safe driving 60 mph

It was an offramp from a highway. The main entrance to Arches NP. One does not continue driving at 60 mph on an offramp. You can see the 15 mph sign as the policeman passes it (and it's visible from the beginning of the off ramp).

It's a fairly long offramp, and it's marked 45 mph the minute you get off the highway for good reasons. The entrance station is up ahead and one must stop. So whether a person feels it's "safe" to go 60 mph, they have to stop ahead, and the slow down is in two phases. BL continued at 45 mph during the 15 mph zone.

The other reason the limit is so low, aside from the high probability of cars waiting right on the road to get into the park, is that there are some lovely natural features with pull out parking and usually quite a few pedestrians about. National Parks try to protect both the wildlife - and the people - from speeding.

And let's not forget that BL was swerving and ran over a pretty substantial curb, according to the police report (you can see the area clearly on maps.google - they had followed him with lights flashing for at least half a mile (off the highway) and he doesn't stop until after the 15 mph sign about a quarter of a mile before the entrance station.

They must have enough evidence to execute search warrants on his home and car by now, yes? Even just as a part of a missing persons investigation? Are they waiting until they locate him so that they don’t scare him into doing something stupid, like fleeing or killing himself?

Welcome!
Here you go. @Timestamp .40.

thanks! so it seems just the parents word. yesterday i was sure he was in FL, or at leas was recently, but today i woke up and had the strong thought he never was at all. someone else, likely a family member, drove or fly out west and got the van and brian went elsewhere.

but for LE to search this hard in FL they must have more that's not been released to the public, i guess. i hope we get a few more details today at least.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a "huge delay."
If his parents said they saw him on Tuesday night when he said he was going for a hike, think it's fair to say he would have waited til daylight on Wed. to hike? If he wasn't back by Wed. night and the parents wanted to file a missing person report at that time, they would have had to wait 24 hours. They filed a missing person's report on Thursday night. Where's the "huge delay?"
They brought his vehicle back on Tuesday night.... That is weird if he isn't hiking till wed

Does anyone else notice on this video at 1:33 the doors open a little bit, then closes by 1:39 or is it just my eyes I used the Ipad and that’s what I thought my eyes saw.

Attachments

• BEB31BB3-E7EF-400D-9C14-9D71840729AF.jpeg
    BEB31BB3-E7EF-400D-9C14-9D71840729AF.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 133
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a "huge delay."
If his parents said they saw him on Tuesday night when he said he was going for a hike, think it's fair to say he would have waited til daylight on Wed. to hike? If he wasn't back by Wed. night and the parents wanted to file a missing person report at that time, they would have had to wait 24 hours. They filed a missing person's report on Thursday night. Where's the "huge delay?"
That 24 hour thing is a myth. It appears they waited between 2 and 3 days, as I think it was Friday that LE was told he was missing.

That's a massive head start.

They must have enough evidence to execute search warrants on his home and car by now, yes? Are they waiting until they locate him so that they don’t scare him into doing something stupid, like fleeing or killing himself?

Maddening that they do not. I'm sure it's coming at some point - but they did say the van had been "fully processed" so maybe not enough?

driving 45 in a 15mph zone during an argument in the car is something that happens every day with arguing couples that don't do...a strangulation murder and disappear. 15mph is a crawl. i don't think that means much. that's very easy to do when distracted/emotionally charged. his behavior in the stop was unsettling to me but the speed not so much.

I disagree. He has just as much reason to stay quiet if he was not involved in G going missing for whatever reason. Because no matter what he says or does, people will still point the finger at him and as was discussed in the previous thread, the smart thing is to say nothing that can be used against you.

I agree with you. He’s very smart to retain counsel. (And no, I don’t think only a guilty party would do so). JMO.

Hmmm, I wonder if it's because they don't think he could have driven that distance in that period of time.

If that's the case, it REALLY tightens up the timeline.
Or maybe they also know other sightings of the van or pings in other locations that they just can’t talk about. Does this mean she also dismissed the elk spotters?

Another thought I have about the van sighting at the campground-I wonder if the items outside the van were in the van when LE impounded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea