Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The North Port Police Department has no authority to execute a possible federal search warrant on our own," department spokesman Josh Taylor told Fox News Digital Sunday. "I don’t see how anyone without all the facts in this case can come up with a reasonable conclusion and opinion on the matter."
Missing Gabby Petito: Police defend approach to questioning Brian Laundrie, who is now also missing
I've been questioning why the police in Florida would conduct such a massive search for Brian, when the attorney had made it clear Brian isn't missing. I don't understand jurisdictions and search warrants for persons of interest that haven't been declared a suspect. I think what the former homicide detective is saying is that the local police could have obtained search warrants but for some reasons didn't.

Is that your take on that story you shared?

I'm not sure that "gun case" was taken from the house. It might be the police's case full of whatever they use. They are not wearing gloves while searching it and it comes from the street with what appear to be pizza boxes (no idea what that is), not from the house. I didn't check to see if we see anyone carrying it out of the house earlier in the video though, at this point they've been out of the house for a little while. Here is the live stream from that night, timestamped (2:05:45) to where that case search begins:

It's a strange scene in general. They seem to be confused about what they're looking at but casual about it at the same time.

Darn this forum breaks the timestamp?

Gray Hughes investigates has some good google earth work. But so far doesn't seem to be caught up to our plucky WS'ers with the open door, and missing video frames.... I'm just positive they were asked to edit the door out of the video, and the woman even specifically says "no open doors", which was obvious by the time we saw it, no reason to say that.

No, definitely, DEFINITELY a gun case. My husband has one just like that. The padding is exactly the same. It appears that there is some other material in there, rags, a towel, or something, but it's for sure a case for a gun.
Agree. I'm not a fan of guns but I do own a 9mm for protection (single mom) and this is very similar to my case that I use when it's not locked in the safe. Could it be used for storing something else like a drone, or a camera? Yes. But imo it's most likely for a pistol that is kept in the car (legal in FL).

This is a working theory - a bit of a stretch but honestly, all information provided to date doesn’t make much sense to me when added all together in any working theory right now. Mods - please delete if not appropriate.

1) BL returned to Florida to move items out of storage to parents house
2) returned back to gabby to continue trip
3) parents decide they don’t want their stuff at house (it is a small house from what I have seen) and force GP and BL quickly back to Florida to move.
4) both GP and BL return on the 1st with the van
5) disagreement/fight with parents. (?) and something happens to both BL and GP.

Again, just a theory but this would make sense to me because:

- no one else has directly heard or seen from BL since he had allegedly returned to Florida.
- all statements have been coming from the family and not BL himself.
- the parents waiting until now to report BL missing also makes sense, as I am sure that they realized it’s only a matter or time until LE will come knocking to speak with BL and then they would get in more trouble for not reporting him missing even earlier. Right now, all the focus on “who did it” is on BL.
-it would also explain the return of the mustang, which maybe never left the house at all? (The parents do have a pick up truck from the videos I have seen)

Again, just a theory. However, no matter what scenario you are looking at, the parents most definitely know something that they are not sharing.

Hi all, I have a question regarding the mustang, and I apologize if this has been asked before. I know the mustang itself has been discussed. Anyway, here is my understanding:

Tuesday: BL took a set of the Mustang's keys and told his parents he was going hiking. He took the mustang to a nature reserve.
?: Parent's hadn't heard from BL so went to the reserve to look for him. They just happened to have enough people to drive another vehicle back, happened to find the mustang fairly easily, and happened to have the keys with them
Friday: BL's parent's report him missing

I've seen a lot of debate/conversation about why BL's parents didn't report him missing until Friday, but that is something we unfortunately probably won't know until we know what happened to GP. I guess my question is do we have any idea how they spun this to the police to make sense? I mean, at the very least, lying to the police is a crime, no? I can't come up with any single reasonable explanation for how they just knew to go looking for the mustang (except that they knew he abandoned it there). Does anyone have any more information on that? Also, has it been absolutely confirmed that he took the Mustang to the reserve? I know that the public only get a small fraction of the information but this is something I've been having a lot of trouble wrapping my head around.

ETA: I'm sure at least one other person was at the reserve in the day(s) the mustang was there. Have there been any witnesses to validate it was there? I would also imagine there were cameras between his house and the reserve that they could check to see if the Mustang was actually driven there.

Attachments

• 7F690FF0-6964-40C4-9589-1CC4DC7B2948.jpeg
    7F690FF0-6964-40C4-9589-1CC4DC7B2948.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 73
While the thread was closed. Of course I’d run across this like 10 mins after it was locked down. But I randomly stumbled upon a clip of John Walsh being interviewed on Fox News(I assume it was yesterday/last night). It was in his opinion that BL has signs of being a sociopath and Walsh was worried he could hurt his own family as well if they said or did someone wrong from BL’s POV. Walsh cited specific other cases(I believe Watts was one of them) as reference for why he felt that way. Walsh also made no qualms about where he stood on if BL was responsible Gabby’s disappearance.

Just had to share. I’m sure it goes without saying. Walsh isn’t a psychologist nor has ever interacted with BL. Just his opinion since he’s been involved with the true crime world for decades. Also if this has already been discussed….forgive me. The threads move so fast. It’s hard to keep up.

It was an offramp from a highway. The main entrance to Arches NP. One does not continue driving at 60 mph on an offramp. You can see the 15 mph sign as the policeman passes it (and it's visible from the beginning of the off ramp).

It's a fairly long offramp, and it's marked 45 mph the minute you get off the highway for good reasons. The entrance station is up ahead and one must stop. So whether a person feels it's "safe" to go 60 mph, they have to stop ahead, and the slow down is in two phases. BL continued at 45 mph during the 15 mph zone.

The other reason the limit is so low, aside from the high probability of cars waiting right on the road to get into the park, is that there are some lovely natural features with pull out parking and usually quite a few pedestrians about. National Parks try to protect both the wildlife - and the people - from speeding.

And let's not forget that BL was swerving and ran over a pretty substantial curb, according to the police report (you can see the area clearly on maps.google - they had followed him with lights flashing for at least half a mile (off the highway) and he doesn't stop until after the 15 mph sign about a quarter of a mile before the entrance station.
Yes I know the limit was 15. I know he was speeding. But I didn't say he wasn't speeding. I said I could drive that road at 60 and not feel unsafe. You could take the design of that road anywhere else that isn't in a national park and reasonably set the limit at 45. I don't live there but I bet many people drive that road at 40/45 mph. Heck most of the traffic going buy with 3 LE vehicles there didn't appear to be going 15 mph

Summarizing my thoughts this morning. The pieces fit. The sightings fit.

BL and GP parked the van in or around site #5 on Forest Rd 30290. Maybe something happened there but I doubt it since they have not found her there yet.

Maybe they walked to the Snake River (about 4 miles) shown in the first pic taken from google maps screenshot: Google Maps.

Maybe something happened on that walk and Gabby might be found in the area shown in the second pic taken from google map screenshot, in or around the Snake River. River flows south here.

Maybe BL freaked out, wanders two days, cleans up, gets picked up by the tiktokker, realizes she is driving the wrong road, gets out, gets another ride to Forest Rd 30290 to the van, takes off, flees to FL. If this scenario is correct, I am praying Gabby is found today.

If they did walk from their campsite to the Snake River, this via google street view is what they would have seen when crossing Hwy 191, one of the most beautiful places in the world:
Google Maps
Another search location to consider is the J.P. Cunningham Cabin area on Hwy 191: Google Maps

J. P. Cunningham Cabin - Grand Teton National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Directions from camp site: Google Maps

Considering they scored and found a nice dispersed camping site, they probably didn't want to take the van anywhere because they might not get a site again. So walking from site #5 on Forest Rd 30290, where would you go? I'd go check out the J.P. Cunningham Historic Cabin site, about a 3.6 mile walk. Perhaps they did that, things went south there, and Gabby is located between the cabin site and the river. Attached is a screen shot from the above google map.

Attachments

• gabby4.JPG
    gabby4.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
The case looks exactly like this one which is for a 9mm sig.
n8ohEpD

SKB Waterproof Plastic Gun Case For Sig Sauer P210 Semi Auto 9Mm 7.65Mm Handgun 789270090781 | eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin