Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I've been wondering. Although I dont know why they would continue to be secretive if she did. This would all go away for them if they could produce her, or could say she's in Florida somewhere. The other thing I wondered: from the police stop, it sounds like her big fear was him driving off and leaving her and he may have even threatened that a lot to keep her in line. Maybe he finally did it. She was being emotional or maybe just refusing to get in the truck and he drove away to teach her a lesson. What if he came back and she was gone and he couldnt find her. I can see him possibly driving around more and more frantic and he can't reach her by phone, or maybe her phone is still in the truck. Eventually he panics (after a day or so?) and heads for Florida because he doesnt know what else to do. But now, no one can find her and this has been going on too long, and he really is responsible because he drove off and left her, but who's going to believe that he did it to teach her a lesson--especially since they had already had a fight publically.
IMO Gabby would be anywhere between WY and FL. Because BL isn't talking/is missing we can't really pinpoint a location. Well, we can't but LE could with cellphone data.

Interesting but, the fact remains that Gabby would not have gone so long without calling her parents (before Sept. 1)
Not sure I agree - it is not uncommon for her apparently to go silent for a week or so. The last time she spoke to someone on FaceTime was the 25th based on what I have read. 5 or 6 days is not that long IMO.

The cool thing about a drive-by video like the one taken of the van at Spread Creek Campground, is that if you take screen shots of the video several frames apart you get a stereo pair of images. If you're good at doing the cross-eyed thingy, you get a nice 3D effect. I was hoping it would help me figure out what was on top of the book behind the van, but it still eludes me. Oh well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 1.48.24 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 1.48.24 PM.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 1.55.07 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 1.55.07 PM.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 170
Hi all, I apologize if this is the incorrect place to post this (if it is, please remove!), however, I came across this today and I feel as though I need to post it. To preface this, I believe this is simply a coincidence, but for the sake of posterity, I'd like to just throw this information out there. While looking at the 'Zone of Death' Wikipedia article, I came across some strange edits that took place on Sept. 4, 2021. The minor edits changed mentions of the word "purported [loophole]" to "real [loophole]." This was reverted the next day. I think that the strangest parts of these edits were the summary message - "It is now tested you can kill in the zone of death." As you all know, Sept. 4 is about a week after Gabby disappeared and about a week before she was reported missing.

The IP which made these edits has only vandalized this page. I did a quick command find to find other instances of vandalism on the article, and there had been three reversions since the article's inception for "possible vandalism." These items have been reverted (according to the reversion messages) for "vandalism." Furthermore, none of those possible vandalizations had such disturbing messages (or edits) attached to them.

upload_2021-9-19_11-44-33.png

I wanted to just throw this out there. Again, I believe that this is simply a troll coincidence, however, I wanted to make it known that such a coincidence is present rather than just keep the information to myself. Whoever posted this information did so without an account, and as such, their IP address was used as an ID. It is not my wish to dox this individual - please treat this information simply as a coincidence.

Cellphone data is probably the only thing that could exonerate Brian from suspicion at this point. Her phone data would need to show she was moving opposite of his before it completely stopped tracking to prove they were in fact separated and she was in fact alive, if true. Hopefully investigators obtain that information sooner rather than later.

Do you guys really think he left her at that park? I feel like she could be anywhere in the route he took back to Florida. Does LE have reason to believe that she is in that park somewhere and never left it?

Personally I feel like there’s a sighting or two (maybe more) that aren’t public. GPs mom dismissing the TikTok video tells me there’s something she knows on the timeline that we do not. Perhaps a gas station sighting or surveillance of BL.

I disagree that he had a plan to escape, because that swamp is not the place to do that. Maybe a Mexican border town. But not a Florida swamp.

I think he went to the swamp for some quiet time to himself before killing himself. MHOO.

As a side note, the amount of people they have searching there tells me they have extremely credible evidence that he is indeed somewhere in that swamp. I believe they are struggling to find him because he probably either drowned himself or killed himself in the water, something like that.

Side note that this whole case reminds me of the game Scotland Yard, which I grew up playing. IYKYK LOL
If that was an empty gun case in the Twitter video upthread and they had a firearm and it’s missing and he went to the preserve and his parents discovered the car Tuesday and drove it home yet waited to call LE until Friday? That’s not good at all
JMO
I’m still not sure he stayed in the preserve

Forgive me if this a duplicate post. Why was BL hitchiking? From where to where? How did he get separated from the van… so far away? TIA

It bothers me that the video of the couple driving past the van is edited. Could you watch it again and opine whether or not the doors were open as the couple were coming up the road, then edited, then the doors are closed as they drive by?

If I was alone in the van I would close the doors if I saw people approaching.
I think that's a tree giving the illusion.

The campsite seems crappy to me, right beside the road, seems like a bush close on the other side, no room for their tent.

But if it's all you can find, IMO you can't keep shutting yourself inside whenever someone goes by.

Also, I must be missing it on the time line but how do we know that Brian went back to Florida by plane and does anyone know why?

We thought we knew. He went to take care of something regarding a storage unit (apparently moving things out of it, to save on fees - which is odd, as the airfare would have been around $300-400 RT). But the source of this detail is likely Gabby trying to explain to her dad why she's in a hotel by herself. I think she was trying to keep their problems a secret from both sets of parents.

I think a lot of us believe that after the altercation and LE encounter near Moab, they went to the nearest place with a direct flight to FL (SLC) and Brian went home. I'd love to know if it was a one way ticket. In other words, it was a kind of break-up. But then he flies back and they continue onward.

It is very peculiar. Then he comes back, and they start out toward Wyoming.

Do you guys really think he left her at that park? I feel like she could be anywhere in the route he took back to Florida. Does LE have reason to believe that she is in that park somewhere and never left it?

I have the same question. All I can think is that there's no way cadaver dogs wouldn't have picked up her scent in that van, if he wandered around the Teton area for a couple of days (with her dead in the van) and then took off cross country (40 hour trip). Would have been very warm in that van in the time where he left it and went to Colter Bay (if the van was in fact at Spread Creek the whole time - which it appears that it was).

So perhaps LE has ruled out that he took her body anywhere in the van.

I also think they have camera footage from the park exits...

I disagree that he had a plan to escape, because that swamp is not the place to do that. Maybe a Mexican border town. But not a Florida swamp.

I think he went to the swamp for some quiet time to himself before killing himself. MHOO.

As a side note, the amount of people they have searching there tells me they have extremely credible evidence that he is indeed somewhere in that swamp. I believe they are struggling to find him because he probably either drowned himself or killed himself in the water, something like that.

Side note that this whole case reminds me of the game Scotland Yard, which I grew up playing. IYKYK LOL

Considering his parents picked his car up and took it home, they had to have known this was his plan. These parents....omg.

Yes, that sounds right! I do remember that it was a reporter who stated that it was missing Tuesday night, but couldn't exactly remember when it was confirmed to be back. So, if this is the correct timeline, I can't imagine the parents could possibly pretend they made an attempt to search for him.
This whole thing stinks to me. Stinks as in a (possible) calculated plan.

I think Gabby is in WY. Brian was already pulled over once and questioned by the cops in Utah. Would he risk driving from WY to FL with a body in the car? If he gets pulled over, he's toast. There's no explaining a body in your van.

The more I look at it, the more I think the dark area that appears to be an open door is actually the two tree trunks that are behind the van.

i think so, too. I also think the couple would have seen the door close as they were driving but mention it didn’t seem like anybody was there. I think shadows might be playing tricks on us but i can see how it looks like the door closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam