Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I didn't know her, I share in the grief of the loss of a young woman with so much potential. The family must be in shock, even though in their hearts they knew this would be the probable outcome. They've handled this situation with so much grace and strength and I hope knowing what happened and having her back will give them some measure of peace. Hug those you love and never miss an opportunity to tell them you love them.

I agree with most of this.
My partner would do this with our son if I’m telling the truth. He can do no wrong :rolleyes:
BUT he would also freak out if he had gone hiking in an alligator infested swamp and not come back long before 4 days passed.
And he wouldn’t spot his vehicle, casually drive it home and wait for days before seeking assistance

;o)

But I suspect that they will believe BL even in the face of irrefutable evidence. I think they'll go to the grave believing in his innocence and in what he told them. Maybe that's how they will cope with all of this.

My closing thought on the family of BL...yes i think they know something is afoot, but I do not believe until these last days, did they know she was not alive.

I do not see any reason for his sister to go to MSM to cover for him.
As many cases of parents covering for kids there are also those who turn them in.

I think BL duped everyone. . starting with MOAB and all the way to FLA.

So BL comes home alone on 1st Sept.. parents must have asked why are you back and where is Gabby? He must have been acting strangely? surely? What story did he tell to stop them having any contact with Gabby's parents? If the truth (whatever happened) is there a charge for this? witholding, enabling etc? All I can think is they knew from the first day and that is why he had a lawyer

I just really hope there aren’t many BL sympathizers or defenders anymore. Highly unlikely with all that we know that Gabby did this to herself.
Part of supporting gabby, believing in her, all of that, means not denying the crap she went through with him. It was written right there on the wall the whole time.

If a woman tells me something is wrong, I will believe them.
If a woman shows me that something is wrong, as gabby did in that video... I will never doubt them.

Very unfortunately, when the LE press conference said "human remains" were found that matched Gabby's description, to further deepen this sadness, her body was left at Grand Teton NP - where there are both black and grizzly/brown bears - at the WORST POSSIBLE TIME. Because right now, in autumn, is when bears do what is called "hyperphagia" where the bears become incredibly hungry and will eat massive amounts of food, even non-selectively eating carrion, in order to bulk up their fat as much as possible before they hibernate for the winter in their dens.

Just a really terrible tragedy, including the location and timing of where she was found. I doubt that LE will find BL alive.
MOO he is a worm, worms rarely end themselves due to shame, remorse or foreseeing prison.
Bet he crossed the US Canada border more than than 10 days ago.

MOO his parents are accessories after the fact and should be arrested.

NOOOO so sad to see this news :(
Now that we see the area she was found, there is no doubt in my mind he killed her. He killed her and left her, and ran away like a baby. I hope LE finds him ALIVE and nails him.

#JusticeforGabby
SBM
sorry, I definitely missed something. can you explain how/where she was discovered? TIA :)

Say what you will about social media, it helped find her when they did. It also played a huge part in the lives of the people involved. So many topics touched including DV and LE response. This case will be studied for a long time to come.

I do hope LE studies it for when to talk to a suspect and when not to believe parents protecting that suspect. They were just too trusting, IMO.

Heart broken for Gabby's family and friends. This was truly because of LE's attention and everyday folks paying attention and communicating. Good people leaning in with their info, video evidence and personal experience with Gabby and Brian. I am impressed with the good in people and their effort to help LE find Gabby.
Thank you to all the great Webseuthers, especially the invested veterans and tireless who work on sequence of events and monitoring our entries. Sad, mad, she shouldn't be gone.

Last edited:
Going back to the stop in Moab, you have to wonder how those Rangers are feeling. Ofcourse they couldn't know, couldn't predict....

This is devastating....heartrending.
My heart goes out to her parents, step parents, her siblings, her bff Rose.
My heart also goes out to the many people who were dedicated to finding her and returning her home.

Domestic violence breaks a lot of hearts if there is no intervention. And I'm betting Gabby didn't want her parents to worry so she said nothing. RIP, sweet girl.

Know the Red Flags of Abuse

No, at this point it is not certain. Despite what some previous replies may have said :). There is no new evidence AFAIK to that end. Many have their speculations - many, many invested, aching thousands, all around the world - but we have no clear-cut narrative of how the as-yet unidentified deceased came to be found where and how they were found and announced this evening.
It was him. The guy is the poster boy for "Consciousness of Guilt." Even if there is no direct physical evidence there appears to be a mounting pile of circumstantial evidence which they will proceed on alone after the autopsy if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44