Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have. Ten years ago. No one saw it coming. Not me, not her family... No one.

What did happen when her sister arrived at our home and found her? She called the police.

When I got home. I cooperated with the police.

Whatever happened to you in life to make you think it's ok to talk to people the way you do, I hope you are able to get well.

How dare you assume you know half of what you're purporting to.

Im sorry for your loss. I'm also very sorry you had to put that down in words <modsnip>. Hugs to you.

Isnt it interesting that the people who preach about never talking to the police are the ones who are outraged that the suspect in this case didn’t immediately talk to the police upon his arrival in Florida. The Constitution is convenient when you want it to be.
I feel sad that the last video we have of her is in police bodycam footage crying and being distraught and upset after getting pulled over by LE because of her arguments with BL.

And when I think how BL managed to hoodwink those Utah cops and play it all cool and pal like with them....grrrr!
I wish they could've said "Why is your girlfriend so hysterical and upset, what are you doing to her?"

Suspicions should've been raised, but weren't. And the cops were talking about arresting Gabby and putting HER in jail!!!

I just can't.....

Domestic violence laws work both ways. He was the one who had scars and marks on him. She didn’t. The officers handled that incident very professionally.

To everyone who thinks the Moab PD did a poor job, what outcome did you expect? A poor job would have been spending a few minutes to give Brian a ticket (potentially adding to stress and negative outcomes later), taking Gabby's word for it that she's ok and blowing off the situation as "just two people arguing". like many on this thread.

It was called in because it was two people loundly arguing with phisical contact, Gabby being pushed out of the van and having to climb back through the window. Imagine that in your head for a minute. It is not normal and it is concerning and to anyone with sense looks like a toxic problem. LE may have recognized things in Brian that they didnt want to provoke for Gabby's sake. and they did the right thing by separating them and leaving Gabby in posession of her belongings, phone and means of transportation.
I think the one who was being all pally with him and speaking about his own toxic exwife was way out of line and very obviously, biased. Very unprofessional.

North Port Police release statement after remains found in search for Gabrielle Petito

North Port Police released the following statement, “We are saddened and heartbroken to learn that Gabby has been found deceased. Our focus from the start, along with the FBI, and national partners, has been to bring her home. We will continue to work with the FBI in the search for more answers.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/abc4utah/status/1439735162590404609

KSLA News 12
@KSLA

After a body was found in Wyoming, police in North Port, Fla., suspended their search for Gabby Petito's fiancé, Brian Laundrie, for the day and issued a statement about the discovery.

You assume the info you hear is what the families heard. I assume you heard what I heard and that's what they felt they could tell you. But I think they all knew what happened. From the bodycam video, their you tube video, and the call from Christopher. They all knew. And they also knew why Brian wasn't talking. That's why they didn't arrest him. I've said before, I could be wrong. We shall see. But I believe he is actually the #1 victim in this. And he is paying the price.

Folks have shared here their pain from past experiences that affect their perpective of current events. Let me share. My brother committed suicide. Suicide has victims. Suicide is never pretty. Maybe she didn't kill herself but suicide is 2.5 times as likely as homicide from a statistical point of view. (I have posted a reference to this statistic from the national institute of mental health). I withhold judgment on Brian as I wish others on here would too.

Blues-I understand withholding judgement, but this isn’t the first time you have taken what appears to be the wrong side in a murder (see Fotis Dulos). Sonetimes, what it looks like, is what it is. This isn’t a movie, with all kinds of crazy twists and turns-sonetimes, the last person to see someone, really IS the last person to see them. Brian did not have to behave bizarrely even as an innocent person. Innocent people do tend to act innocently-they don’t comport themselves in a secretive and panicked way. If he did not know Gabby was dead when he left, he wouldn’t have been in such a terrible hurry to get home to the parents who hid him and lied for him. He would have gotten a lawyer, and then given a limited statement to the police and he would not have run away, with his disgusting and despicable parents stalling and covering for him. I don’t normally do this, but I am afraid you are wrong, wrong, wrong, my friend.

Isnt it interesting that the people who preach about never talking to the police are the ones who are outraged that the suspect in this case didn’t immediately talk to the police upon his arrival in Florida. The Constitution is convenient when you want it to be.

Domestic violence laws work both ways. He was the one who had scars and marks on him. She didn’t. The officers handled that incident very professionally.
She did, though. She had marks where he grabbed her by the face.

The neighbor across the street has been very friendly with and accomodating to reporters. It's probably that one. When they told the reporters they couldnt park on the street, the neighbor offered to let some park in their driveway.

That's pretty telling, lol.

I mean, I can easily see me being that person in this situation and willingly agreeing to suck it up, wear earplugs, go off to a hotel, or similar; but my decision to so do, would certainly carry with it some way of thinking and feeling towards my neighbors who were the subject of the journalism interest.

I think I’m just taking this too personally or am too sensitive but the defending of Brian and his family are, imo, disgusting. We can have vastly different ideas but this young woman was just found dead TODAY.

maybe take some time to think about her and what the world lost when she left it. B and his parents don’t need defending or sympathy. They already have a lawyer looking out for them.

Brian Laundrie is not worth repeatedly sympathizing with.

BBM

I think that is one of the most important things ever said among all these threads on this particular case. Perhaps many other cases, too
Teaching our children that actions have consequences comes from a place of love.
That lesson protects them in a way that "covering for them" never will.
If children don't learn they are responsible for their actions, there may come a day they do something that cannot be covered.

Rest in peace Gabby, this is so heartbreaking.

I fully believe that Gabby was a victim of reactive abuse. The body cam video is a clear indicator imo of having Gabby retaliated to her abuser, standing up for herself, and BL managing to successfully convince the responding officers and Gabby herself that she was in the wrong. Emotional abuse and gaslighting by BL could have caused Gabby to become convinced that she had ocd, anxiety, and was mentally unstable. Emotional abusers are very manipulative to not only their victims but those around them, they can convince anyone even LE in cases like this that the victim is infact the aggressor.

This type of gaslighting can be devesating as the victim feels like no one will believe her because look what a ‘nice guy’ he appears as on that footage. When you look closer and are looking for red flags though they are all there. BL took on a Chris Watts like stance at some points, He downplayed his own actions and deflected the blame right onto Gabby, made it sound like she was ‘irritated by small things’ ‘nothing could be out of place’ when IMO in reality he probably purposely made a mess and irritated her on purpose to provoke a reaction, then he could turn around just like he did and say ‘she scratched me’. Meanwhile, Gabby is distraught because she feels guilt and shame for reacting to him, she is convinced that she is the aggressive one who overreacts.

It is hard to put into words just how debilitating emotional abuse can be for a victim, the abuser strips away your identity and sense of self, until you feel like you are going mad. They convince you that you’re neurotic and that you need some sort of psychological help, abusers disguise their abuse as caring about you, especially in situations where the police get involved.

BL saying he tried to ‘calm her down’ by locking her out of the vehicle is an example. Locking someone out of their own van (and probably threatening to drive off and leave her there), would not calm anyone down, especially someone who is already upset, in a place she doesn’t know well and who’s only travelling companion is her abuser who is getting enjoyment out of how far he can warp her sense of identity and well being.

All MOO and JMO..

This. 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members