Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! Long-time listener, first-time caller.

I am sorry if someone has already posted about this. If they did, I couldn't find it.

RE: Gabby's AllTrails account showing her current location as Puerto Rico

I find this particularly interesting and have a few thoughts I would love to unpack/discuss.

1) From what I understand, AllTrails.com updates your location automatically if it is linked in location settings. Does anyone familiar with the ap know if you can manually adjust this in your profile settings?

2) It says the account was created in May 2021, so it appears this would be Gabby's real account since it was made well before any of this happened / it became a news story. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts/reasons as to why it could be a fake account. It seems extremely unlikely, but I would like to rule out all possibilities if possible.

3) I can't imagine why Brian would bring Gabby's phone to Puerto Rico if that is where he ran off to. Isn't acquiring a burner phone On-The-Run 101? It seems so obvious that this would be a terrible idea and make it incredibly easy to be found. Does anyone else think he and/or his parents somehow got Gabby's phone to PR on it's own as a diversion?

4) I would assume he is keeping tabs on what people are saying about his location online if he has access to the Internet or a phone (particularly because he is a narcissist). If he is in Puerto Rico with Gabby's phone, I would think he would know that people are onto this by now...

Looking forward to diving into this!

Xx
Morgan
<modsnip> Locations in that app are not real time and have zero relevance to actual location. <modsnip> We sadly know exactly where gabby is now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if GP died from accident, Suicide or by someone other than BL, he reported nothing. When one suspects another person is in danger, disappears or is dead, one doesn’t clam up and leave everyone hanging. I have no sympathy for the Laundries. BL and parents deserves every misery caused by their refusal to to give information on Gabby

So you think it’s possible that Gabby committed suicide and then Brian buried her so…her family wouldn’t be upset? Because she did not bury herself.

What she indicated on the video was that he grabbed her face, she indicated how he grabbed her, and she said it hurts when she touches her face there and indicated where it hurt. I don't think there were any marks or bruising at that time as it had just happened.

The redacted police report states in the section by Officer Pratt that he grabbed her face, but does not indicate he saw marks on her face. Officer Robbins section does not talk about her telling him he grabbed her face.

Post 80 - Thread 7 Includes transcription of GP saying BL cut her face and photos supporting the cut marks on her face. This has been gone over and over.

Absolutely heartbreaking outcome, my heart goes out to Gabby's family and friends, RIP sweet Gabby ♥️

I still believe that there is a link between Gabby's disappearence, and now death, and the Moab double murder:

Just want to inform that there is only 499 feet between
BL's Moab motel and murder victim 23 year old Kylen Schulte's work/shop:

Here is a link to a map of the locations in question:
Google Maps

Bowen Motel, 169 N Main St, Moab, UT 84532, USA
were BL, after BL and GP's fight, stayed alone between 12 and 13th Aug
and...
Moonflower Community Cooperative, 39 E 100 N, Moab, UT 84532, USA
Were murder victim 23 year old Kylen Schulte worked same day GP and BL had a fight in that shop.
And...
23 year old Kylen Schulte and her wife Crystal Turner was last seen/disappeard Aug 13 8:30 PM from Woody's Tavern 221 S Main St, Moab, UT.

Both Kylen Schulte and her wife Crystal Turner were found shot to death Aug 18,2021 ca 10 miles S/E of the Moab adresses in the above info.

So...did BL kill, or was he an accomplish in the killing, of Kylen Schulte & Crystal Beck the night between August 12 and 13 in Moab when he and Gabby was separated by police and he was brought to a hotel in Moab ?

if so, what would the motive be?

Did BL believe that Kylen Schulte and her wife Crystal Turner reported him and GP to the police for domestic violence and then snaped?
Or a sexual motive?
Or was he in a state of rage and gave in to a long time latent desire to kill?

Did Gabby after August 13 sense something was wrong with BL and later found out or suspected that BL had comitted something horrible ?

Did she eventualy suspect that it was BL that killed Kylen Schulte and her wife Crystal Turner?

If you research BL back in time at his Instagram he has a really wired and kind of scarry facination of blood, death and horror even though he seem to try hide it behind his bizarre "humor".

Did it all end with that BL realized that Gabby had found out that he had killed Kylen Schulte & Crystal Beck and that BL then killed Gabby to silence her ?
It was confirmed by LE that both cases have no connection whatsoever.

Hi all! Long time lurker finally choosing to chime in...

What got me hooked by Gabby's disappearance, other than Brian heading back to Florida without her and lawyering up immediately, was the body cam footage most have referenced. Like many who have commented before me, I am also a survivor of abuse (mostly emotional and gaslighting), but have also fallen prey to reactive abuse where the abuser turns everything around on you.

I'll admit, I've only been able to watch that body cam footage once because BL's demeanor is so eerily similar to how my ex would act when I would reach out to friends for help, even when they'd hear me crying in the background, he would act like all was fine.

In my humble opinion, we may find that this was a crime of passion and opportunity. His actions after fleeing to Florida don't back up any other logic, imo.They still don't support any other logical scenario, imo, other than he was to blame.

Thank you all for your posts, links, research thus far. Its helped me process this whole story a bit more easily. MOO.

So... now that the worst has come true and they have found her, is there any reason law enforcement needs to play coy with the Laundrie family or try to protect Brian from maybe offing himself in order to get details about where she might be? TLDR; is there really not enough evidence to raid this house right now?

It really feels like the authorities all along have laid off on suspecting a homicide and naming BL a suspect. Now that we know someone has died, why is that campsite not a crime scene and why aren't cops busting down the doors?

I didn't know she snap chatted with a friend. Do you have that info handy so I can take a look at it..?
I'm curious about what time she snapchatted with her friend...because I think it was after that or a while after, that they got in another argument and he killed her and disposed of her.....THEN took off on his "hike" late on the 27th or early on the 28th to colter bay area, cleaned up and returned on the 29th. Probably had moved the van to a campsite before he left so it wouldn't be just off the road...and maybe set up a tent to look like it was occupied.

Grizzlies (in Alaska) actually scrape it into a pile with dirt, bones, rib cages, skulls and attached vertebrae sticking out every which way, and lie on top, eating when hungry and protecting the kill for days. They are trying to put on huge amounts of fat now. Often they will not move off their kill pile even for a low flying plane trying to scare them off. That's why they are so extremely dangerous on a moose kill or on a human kill. They do not bury their prey and go off for a stroll for a few days. And, generally it's the largest of the bears that adopt ownership of the cache, even if a smaller bear discovered the kill or killed it. The best thing to do to get rid of a person you murdered in bear country is just drag it out on the river's edge, or the adjacent rocky flats, or lightly wooded area and slightly conceal it, and that's exactly what he appears to have done. IMO Did a non-human predator find her? We don't know yet, but the "right" steps were taken by the person trying to get rid of her. IMO.

Read the first chapter of this book to see what really happens, and read the second book too, about one of the deadliest "bear" nights in a national park....Glacier National Park (in 1967).
1) The Grizzly Maze: Timothy Treadwell's Fatal Obsession with Alaskan Bears by Nick Jans
2) Night of the Grizzlies by Jack Olsen

I don't recall hearing anything about a grizzly bear being seen around the burial site. Also there was a video taken from a helicopter which showed the location of the body--I saw no indication of any grizzly bear caching anywhere.

Sorry, I see above, someone already said the police asked them to remove the car or retrieve it. HOW did anyone expect him to get back?? He's obviously upset, knowing Gabby is gone.

To all those who have recognized this relationship for what it was.... its because we've been there.
being in love turns to violence fast and for anyone who wants to simplify it, no, you have not been there and i hope you never do go there.

i hear you all.and I've been there.
he never hit me, but he would have killed me.
it took me recognizing that, escaping it and significant behavioral therapy to rewire my brain from the ptsd constant threat of that.
I thank all of you for pointing it out. It took a lot of internet research for me to really understand what was happening because no one else saw what I saw and fear.

There was my truck involved on camping road trips, and every single bit of this case scares the hell out of me.... I know exactly who BL is.

I think whether or not LE handled the situation appropriately is a really important conversation to have.

My postings over the years here are evidence enough that I am no reflexive defender of LE, but in this instance I genuinely don't understand the sometimes ferocious criticism of how they handled things.

They are LE, not social workers, and they don't make up the rules. Did they take the situation seriously? From what I saw, yes, they did. They took their time. They spoke to Gabby & Brian separately. They listened. They didn't downplay that whatever was going on between the two of them was serious enough that they really did need to be separated for the night. Imo they tried to make Brian comfortable because he *was* as a clearcut matter of law, the victim in the only situation they were being asked to apply the law to. In that, what he said and what she said did not diverge.

Did they do the wrong thing by not charging her? If so, from what I saw, it was in spite of them trying to do what they thought was the right thing, for both Gabby & Brian. IMO, it is in any case grossly unfair to lay any responsibility for her death on MOAB LE. From what I saw of LE at that scene, my guess is they're all likely second guessing themselves and feeling horrible.

If the officers had been better trained, they would have recognized the massive red flags of gas-lighting and victim blaming being exhibited by the person they decided was the victim. They were wrong.

They could have provided Gabby with the hot line phone number for domestic violence and encouraged her to call it or reach out to her family. The resources are there and the officers utilized them to get BL a free hotel room. Police officers should be well-trained enough to recognize the real victim was Gabby, not the smiling guy standing there blaming her for everything. JMO

In regards to BL being out in the nature preserve, I have a friend who deployed with me, who is a hardcore survivalist. She was on Naked & Afraid several times, including in the Everglades. She had a hard time there. I can't imagine BL trying to survive out there past nightfall. I don't know where to even begin thinking about where else he'd be but I think it could be a recovery effort at this point, especially if still in the preserve.

Sorry for this insensitive question but I'm confused...was she or wasn't she buried? I've seen claims of both. Was she partially buried? What does that even mean...that perhaps an animal had dug up her once-buried remains? Was she "buried" in the sense that she was covered with brush/debris/rocks? Have they even released this information?

Apologies for the gruesome nature of the question.

We won't know for sure until LE makes more information available, possibly months from now.

However, I can comment that the area is a scree-filled wash full of rocks, gravel, grit, and streams. It isn't a soft plowed field. It might be boggy and silty, but not like beach sand. It would be quite difficult to dig down deeply without substantial equipment as the rocks and such would be very heavy and if wet would backfill as you dug. I think it was very shallow so that perhaps it only barely covered her body. But I don't really know. Even with a regular shovel it might take quite some effort to dig deep enough. I wonder what he used. I don't see them having much more than a small camp shovel.

This certainly would not appear to be a 6 foot deep grave that you think of in a cemetery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo