Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. IMO he left her body and the van there and tried to give himself an alibi with the story he told MB (the Tiktoker) and her husband about being away from her hiking and her being left alone. Part of what made MB suspicious, aside from his lack of supplies, was the way he kept emphasizing those points over and over as he talked to them.

I think BL was hoping that if he was really lucky, her body would be found and her death ascribed to an animal attack, but if not then he could claim someone else must have killed her while he was away. Then when he got back to Spread Creek and no one had found her, his Clever Plan fell completely apart and he panicked.
And perhaps placed a phone call to his parents ??? I love that LE will have the records if they don’t already
JMO

I suspect he wasn't north to "hide evidence." I believe he was panicked and running away - and then had second thoughts about doing it without the van.

He was in a dispersed/no services camping spot, meaning it's not going to look like a campsite.

It's really interesting that their tent wasn't up. That would usually be because they had just arrived or were about to leave - or were preoccupied.
Yes. Him hiding evidence, or leaving some sort of a false trail, does not jibe with the rest of his behavior (fleeing, never reporting her missing, never giving law enforcement some sort of plausible explanation).

This guy wasn't trying to cover up a murder; he wasn't sure what to do. I think his parents gave him some guidance, before he reverted back to panic this week.

I notice a lot of people are querying why the Laundries didn't report Brian missing until Friday. Could it be possible that they found a gun missing on Friday? I recall people saying something earlier about him taking a gun. Or was that just speculation?
That, or they knew that he had already reached wherever he was planning to hide out at so they thought it would be ok to give LE another false tip about where they wanted LE to waste their time looking for him because they were well aware that it isn't where he's actually at.

ETA: In case it's not obvious, MOO of course.

Yup. So glad MB was able to describe in such good detail her interaction with him. She provided great insight into his state of mind. But man, his blood must really "run cold" because she described his attitude as very calm and friendly. So not only is he not the brightest bulb, but he doesn't seem to even have normal/expected human responses.
I agree. IMO he left her body and the van there and tried to give himself an alibi with the story he told MB (the Tiktoker) and her husband about being away from her hiking and her being left alone. Part of what made MB suspicious, aside from his lack of supplies, was the way he kept emphasizing those points over and over as he talked to them.

I think BL was hoping that if he was really lucky, her body would be found and her death ascribed to an animal attack, but if not then he could claim someone else must have killed her while he was away. Then when he got back to Spread Creek and no one had found her, his Clever Plan fell completely apart and he panicked.

Indeed, Tricia runs a tight ship. :)

Careful and consistent moderating has kept these discussions sane and useful.

I cannot express enough thanks for the hard work that has been put into this.

AND I express gratitude for the closures that reminded me I did have to take a shower, eat, feed the pets, empty the dishwasher and change out of my pajamas today !!!

Could one of BL’s parents flown west and helped drive van back to FL?

Should be very easy for LE to find out. Anything dealing with the airlines and airports domestically post 9/11 is documented to a hyper extent. Cameras all over airports, flight manifests, TSA checking tickets, credit card air travel purchase. It’s impossible to hide commercial air travel in today’s world.

Since Gabby was pretty quickly identified, is it possible that if she is buried, she was put into a bag of some sort? I honestly don't know how much of a difference it would make in the elements with wildlife etc. Sorry for the morbid question; it's just something I wondered about before they even found her.

I'm no expert but I think it's more likely they were able to feel confident it was her fairly quickly because of just how close she was in proximity to where her van had been seen; in addition to there not being any other (at least widely known) cases where a young blonde about her size has gone missing recently enough that would match to the level of decomp. At the risk of sounding morbid, Gabby's hair color and length, which was definitely a distinguishable feature, would have still been fairly identifiable if not much else was.

Since Gabby was pretty quickly identified, is it possible that if she is buried, she was put into a bag of some sort? I honestly don't know how much of a difference it would make in the elements with wildlife etc. Sorry for the morbid question; it's just something I wondered about before they even found her.
I noted early on she wore a lot of jewelry that was quite distinctive IMO …

This is the tent adjacent to the area where Gabby was found that people were asking about. It does not appear to be a typical crime scene tent and notice the figure 8 of crime scene tape adjacent to this tent. I was trying to figure out if this was Gabby's tent. You can see the associated video in its entirety here - Gabby was very close. And you can see the crime scene tent as well. Log In or Sign Up to View

Hi, IMO it is absolutely a crime scene covering.

Gabby's tent was much smaller, she also had a tarp which BL said he used. Rickshaw's post from yesterday shows why a tarp is not ideal under the conditions. I wanted to add my bit to Ricky's post but everything had moved on so quickly.

In any case, and I suppose it is irrelevant now, we use those tarps for an expedition, where we have more than 20 people participating. It takes an afternoon to build a framework from branches strong enough to support several hammocks, supports hammered into the ground and longer lateral branches/trunks to form the frame to hang the hammocks from.

Its worth the effort for a group expedition that will be in that place for 3 or more days. You can take the branches etc with you as you move to next place. And can hang mosquito nets also.

We never sleep on ground under a tarp, snakes, ants, all kinds of nasties. I have done though, out of necessity and once met a very friendly tapir!

The parents picking up his car just has no rational logical reasoning.

But yourself in that position.

NONE.

So they should have left it to be towed?

"Steven Bertolino, the Laundrie family attorney told ABC News on Sunday that the family picked up the car, Brian Laundrie was using, on Thursday morning from the reserve after going out on Wednesday to look for their son.

Laundrie left the family home on Tuesday morning with a backpack. Bertolino said that the family went out to the reserve on Wednesday to look for him and spotted a note from the North Port Police Department on the car saying it needed to be removed."

source: Body matching description of Gabby Petito found in Grand Teton

I don't see any confirmation of him being anywhere near the actual Snake River. At all.

She was close to some people (I wouldn't say "many many" as compared to Colter Bay - where there are thousands).

Not super remote? Where do you live? Because first of all, Grand Teton NP is remote. And then, instead of staying in the park, they go to dispersed unsupervised camping which is more remote than Yellowstone or Teton. People die in both parks due to remoteness (accidents) every year.

He never went on a 20 mile multi-day park (near the Snake River or otherwise). He may have walked from the campground to Colter Bay - there's time and evidence for that.

You think he killed her for her lack of blogging? Surely there's something else wrong (like his mental health) than just lack of blogging?

I think it was more spontaneous. Both of them had to go outside to relieve themselves - I doubt that either was pooping/peeing in the van. They were used to this, although Gabby had mostly planned to stay in more developed campgrounds. The Teton/Yellowstone area is tremendously impacted in terms of camping.

Where was the van parked illegally?

I have not seen that anywhere.

when watching the video of the youtubers driving in that drive past the van, they pass *a lot* of cars... i live in rural WA state and when i go hiking on forest service roads i tend to not pass any cars for at least a few miles. no one in sight. yeah it wasn't a busy trailhead with hundreds of people on the same path, but they had a lot of people nearby.

even if he went nowhere near snake river, from spread creek to colter bay is still roughly 20 miles walking.

& tbh if anything, he would've killed her over her blogging imo. he seemed to be the type that dislike people in general, and dislike social media, etc, when looking at how he talks about people on his instagram post. i'm not sure why he killed her. maybe the voices in his head told him to. imo i dont think he'd even LEAVE her if she were alive. he appears too controlling to me to leave her alone in a van for days. he says he took the keys from her because he was scared she'd leave him ? what would stop her from leaving him while he was hiking for multiple days then ?

my point is he had to have killed her as soon as they got there or even before they got there.

Its time for BL's lawyer to get him to turn himself in. The longer he holds out, the less likely ANYTHING he says will be believed and the less likely he will be able to cut a deal.
That lawyer has done enough damage to the victim's family and his own clients. In fact, a different and more capable lawyer should elbow his way in and get ALL of the parties involved some relief.
This needs to end and the road to justice should begin. Nobody set out on this adventure with murder on their minds. Still, it happened. Those matters can be dealt with. If however, this fugitive status is purposely maintained, any mitigation that might have been on the table gradually slips away and the parents remain vilified.

Above all, Gabby and her family are tortured with a misplaced and destructive silence that cuts like a knife every waking moment. They need relief.

Last edited:
Re a gun -- All I have seen here is speculation or questions, as in "Did he take a gun?" or "Does he have a gun?" That's all I've seen.
I was wondering also about this info that keeps getting posted. Not sure if I missed it because the thread moving so fast or if it was deleted.

I'll just say this, as a man, you are responsible for not escalating your S/O's emotions to the point of causing them extreme distress, breakdowns, and inciting physical violence against yourself. You are not emotionally mature enough for a relationship.

If that's the case, you can't handle that woman and should take time to work on yourself and find spiritual, mental, and emotional growth.

Sure, there are abusive women. That is distinct from this point.

This comes across as a very demeaning comment toward women, yet I'm sure you mean well. We get that men feel uncomfortable when women cry or show other distressed emotions, but you seem to imply that women are unstable and men are responsible for keeping them stable. There is nothing wrong with crying or showing emotions. And no one is asking you to stop women from 'inciting physical violence against you'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23