Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I heard, they found someone fitting Gabby’s description, dead. Nobody is assuming anything as far as that goes.

I was responding to a post querying why he wasn't arrested prior to him going missing.

We don't know what he told his parents, true. But, how likely is it that they'd believe him blindly despite all the evidence to the contrary? At that point, they became complicit.

Statistically the odds of your child being a murderer are pretty small. I've not seen anything to suggest he has any previous criminal record or any other red flags that he'd go on to murder his girlfriend. There is a world of difference between if he's told them the truth/a version of the truth and they've helped him cover up vs he's fed them a pack of lies which they've believed because he's their son and this would be way out of character for him/the version of him they know.

I don’t get that impression at all. I think he’s far more savvy outdoors then you give him credit for.

That said, I don’t think he’s in the US. I’m betting mom / dad have a vacation rental somewhere in the islands or Mexico and BL got on a boat. Very unlikely he would need a passport or Covid restrictions that way.
I also believe that the only way he got out was by boat given risk of Covid protocols and the likelihood that he doesn’t seem savvy enough to come up with a fake ID and passport quickly. JMO

Say his parents have him holed up somewhere, a relative, friend, etc. Can LE keep tabs on their phone calls and money? Can they keep tabs on them in any way?
That relative or friend is committing a crime. Not sure they'd do that. They're not going to split hairs over whether a criminal complaint was technically filed yet. They will (and should) be worried about this.
Today is the day the should haul the sister in. There's no way she hasn't demanded answers from her family after Gabby's discovery and her brother's disappearance. I believe she didn't know before - because I believe they atty was trying to insulate her (she has children and a family). I don't believe this anymore. She will be adamant about getting answers.

That's exactly what I had been thinking -- it's what some officers do when they're trying to get info -- especially, I think, in domestic situations. Putting the person at ease, agreeing, then making a statement to see if the person will speak more about whatever, or will agree to something else, etc. Each officer, etc., has his/her own style, and they often bend it hoping that the subject will start talking. Sometimes it works.
Then they should have better training than that.

The only other bizarre scenario ,I can come up with is,he went for a hike,was gone too long,she got worried and decided to hitch a ride to town to find help in locating him,got picked up by the wrong person in which she tells the whole story too, they take advantage of the situation,do whatever and murder her and dump her body near but not too close to the van to kind of frame Brian.Brian gets back to the van,she's not there,and who knows what happened from there.
She wouldn't have needed a ride, though. She could have just driven the van herself or called for help.

I think that September 1 date came from law enforcement, but I'm not sure where that information was sourced.

I do think it's probable he has a gun, but it's unconfirmed. Law enforcement was heavily armed on both days they searched for him.

Gabby's autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday, so I wouldn't expect an arrest warrant to come before then.

We don't know when/if a search warrant will be executed on the house, but I think it is a near certainty. I'd be surprised if it wasn't carried out tomorrow.

The most important thing right now is finding this coward. I imagine they'll be back in that reserve area tomorrow.
The autopsy is Tuesday?! Do you have a source for that? I cannot imagine in a very likely homicide case that they would put it off at all. Time is imperative esp with a body that has been exposed to the elements. Having cause of death sooner rather than later will help expedite search warrants, DNA collection, etc. & hopefully get them access to the Laundrie residence.

There's so much about this case that drops my jaw. Like HOW on earth the FBI lose sight of the POI. :(

You don’t have show a vaccine card to get into Mexico. My daughter went 6 weeks ago and didn’t have to show anything to get in but had to have a negative test done in Mexico within a certain timeframe and show negative results to get back into the US. he would have to have had a fake passport and ID though and I don’t see him as smart enough to pull that off.

You don’t have to have an ID or passport to get in Mexico if you walk across the border in TX. You just can’t get back in the US unless you have it.

The autopsy is Tuesday?! Do you have a source for that? I cannot imagine in a very likely homicide case that they would put it off at all. Time is imperative esp with a body that has been exposed to the elements. Having cause of death sooner rather than later will help expedite search warrants, DNA collection, etc. & hopefully get them access to the Laundrie residence.

There's so much about this case that drops my jaw. Like HOW on earth the FBI lose sight of the POI. :(

"The Teton County Coroner's Office confirmed to Fox News Digital that the autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday, September 21."

Autopsy on body believed to be Gabby scheduled as coroner's van leaves site

He is 23.

I don't have proof of this right now, but am preeeettty sure, Gabby's parents said they met and knew each other in high school.

Well, I suppose it's vaguely possible, as I don't recall anyone specifically saying he wasn't her teacher in said high school; but, I'd be very surprised if he was.

(NB for those who come after; I don't really believe he was her teacher, lol. Hopefully someone will come along with better proof soon.)

Okay thanks. Gonna' research some more. In some pics he looks 23 but in others he looks older IMO.

There are only two possible outcomes to his disappearance. He killed himself or he’s on the run. Based on the shadiness of this clan and their insistence on protecting him at all costs, I’m going with option 2. They possibility staged this to look as if he killed himself somewhere deep in the woods. Brian has had a head start to go anywhere he wanted from September 1-September 10.

I was watching live KSLTV on Facebook live and saw footage of them setting up the popup canopy. At one point I saw what looked very clearly was a shallow grave or earth-covered form of a person. I don't have the exactly point in the video where that was clear to me, but I had the video in full screen on my laptop and it was something that seemed obvious to me. When I play it back from this link I can't find that spot in the video but around the 33:00 mark it looks like that point where I saw that, but now it looks less clear to me. Maybe the angle of the video was different.

That quick shot of her covered body has been edited out, as it should be. I saw it, but since I can't prove it, moo

She wouldn't have needed a ride, she could have just driven the van.
Yeah, as a female who's done a lot of traveling/camping I cannot imagine any scenario in which she'd hitch a ride while in possession of the van. She can drive the van, there's footage of her doing so, although she might've had some anxiety about it. It's not a huge van.

She wouldn't have needed a ride, she could have just driven the van.

She was uncomfortable driving the van .I was under the impression that she would not drive the van and was completely dependent on him driving it.

The only other bizarre scenario ,I can come up with is,he went for a hike,was gone too long,she got worried and decided to hitch a ride to town to find help in locating him,got picked up by the wrong person in which she tells the whole story too, they take advantage of the situation,do whatever and murder her and dump her body near but not too close to the van to kind of frame Brian.Brian gets back to the van,she's not there,and who knows what happened from there.

Yea but he really shouldn't have left the area, he should have got the police involved immediately. It's just unfathomable, that he could leave her with no vehicle not knowing what happened without knowing what happened to her and if she was safe.

I can't come up with a lot of scenarios where he is completely innocence and had good reason for leaving her along with not telling her family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks