Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he tried real hard to lure mountain lions down to the valley and didn't have any luck. The mountains there are pretty lush meaning lots of herbivores for the predators. No need to go down the mountain.

I firmly believe that she's in that ten acre patch of dense forest on the eastern Pahlone spur. The problem becomes getting up there. It's at roughly 9600 feet with the valley floor access at 8500-ish feet.

May I encourage you, and @OldCop to report your suspicions by explaining how you came to this valid conclusion.

It could make all the difference in locating Suzanne. Let the authorities figure out how to search the area now before it's covered in snow.

Just wondering if I'm the only one nervous/anxious/dreading/eager to read that heavily redacted AA tomorrow.

I'm not the only one, right? o_O

I'm pretty sure supper tomorrow will be Homicide Lasagna.
Let's just hope you don't have to reduce the size of the noodles to spaghetti, matching the al dente amount left unredacted in the AA! ;)

I disagree. It appears to me ,from everything I have read so far that BM premeditated Suzanne's murder so certainly should be Murder1.

I am expecting to be even more convinced,once the AA is opened tomorrow.

Many years ago, my greatgrandfather was tried for the murder of greatgrandma. He was an alcoholic, and regularly knocked her around. On the last occasion she was getting water from the well, and when he hit her, down she went. He should have been tried for manslaughter, that was what the inquest recommended. But he was tried for murder and acquitted. So aiming for something higher worked for him.

Well at least me and you @Ontario Mom, so there's 2 of us:):) I'm extremely anxious looking forward to the AA.

Maysville, Colorado - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Maysville,_Colorado

Maysville is an unincorporated community and a census-designated place (CDP) located in and Elevation. 9,504 ft ( Colorado census designated places.)

Edited to add...Wow, You never know what's out there, almost sorry I looked. 19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81242 | MLS #4727659 - Movoto
https://www.movoto.com › ... › Chaffee › Salida › 81242

Elevation. 8,747 Feet. Above sea level, 5669 Feet above the county average of 3078 Feet · Tree Coverage. 72%. Tree coverage 32% of the block is covered in trees.
$1,759,000.00

Last edited:
I am more convinced than ever that this can only be a nobody case.

If Barry used so little as two coolers, one for elk meat (or deer or a combination or whatever their freezer held and one other cooler...

If Barry, back when he had his deer farm, gathered deer by tranquilizing them, I'll be he was very adept at stringing them up or whatever he did to make trasport easy....

Up to a mesa he goes.... no Bobcat needed, no burial, just a set table....

I just heard CM on his live tonight (I won't link it because it's about another breaking case) say something about 5 or 6 hours, by then you'll see animal activity (IMO at the scene of an exposed or somewhat buried body....

Barry spent time, by his own admission, climbing in and around the mountains (all of them....200 mile radius) I don't think he was imagining Suzanne was gone and not coming back when he talked to Gene or secured guardianship or liquidated personal and real estate property. I think he knew. Not just that she was gone but that she was really gone. Too soon? Yes, I believe by Day 7, she was gone, really gone, completely gone, all gone. And in my opinion if any part of her IS ever found, it'll be in a lion's den. Because the hunter used what he knew to do what he did, to make sure nature ran its course. So yes, his movements are suspect as heck but he's laughing in his boots. If they didn't find her in the first 24-48 hours, he knew they'd never find her. JMO

I am duly horrified by my opinion. Because I think he's capable and I think it's possible and his arrogance suggests it might even be probable.

Those deer he claimed to tranquilize from the breezeway, they may have been the first course. Test studies.

He scares me.

JMO

Maybe with his new free time, he'll come here and tell us where we've got it wrong.

But since we've already got our own @Barry, maybe he can be PushUpBarry or SingleSteakBarry. BobcatBarry.

We don't know the truth? Enlighten us.

Because we are all here for the truth.

Justice for Suzanne

JMO

What's the elevation of their former PP home?

Just guessing but maybe 8,000 ft…maybe more. It starts rising pretty rapidly behind and past the home.

Close, the PP home is on a slight rise, so its at between 8500-8600 feet. It's a sharp 1ooo foot climb to the top of the spur.

May I encourage you, and @OldCop to report your suspicions by explaining how you came to this valid conclusion.

It could make all the difference in locating Suzanne. Let the authorities figure out how to search the area now before it's covered in snow.

About half of how I got there is gut. Barry pointed every direction but south. He had an ATV. Means, motive, opportunity.

I hate to do this when the server is already struggling, but visual aids are necessary.

The valley floor is around 8500 feet. The section of the ridge I'm most interested in is at 9600 feet. It's difficult to see at these angles, but the dense forest sits in a bowl. The yellow squiggly line is the ATV path going up the mountain. He would have used it often when hunting. The trail ends going into the thickest part of the woods.
These screencaps show the challenge of getting any kind of search team up there. Another reason, though, that Barry would have seen it as an ideal burial site. This section of mountain is one of the few that doesn't have a public hiking/biking trails ensuring that she wouldn't be found too quickly by a passerby. Every other mountain in the area is covered up in people in the spring and summer. Just Monarch in the winter.
ScreenHunter 1006.png
ScreenHunter 1007.png
ScreenHunter 1010.png
ScreenHunter 1008.png

About half of how I got there is gut. Barry pointed every direction but south. He had an ATV. Means, motive, opportunity.

I hate to do this when the server is already struggling, but visual aids are necessary.

The valley floor is around 8500 feet. The section of the ridge I'm most interested in is at 9600 feet. It's difficult to see at these angles, but the dense forest sits in a bowl. The yellow squiggly line is the ATV path going up the mountain. He would have used it often when hunting. The trail ends going into the thickest part of the woods.
These screencaps show the challenge of getting any kind of search team up there. Another reason, though, that Barry would have seen it as an ideal burial site. This section of mountain is one of the few that doesn't have a public hiking/biking trails ensuring that she wouldn't be found too quickly by a passerby. Every other mountain in the area is covered up in people in the spring and summer. Just Monarch in the winter.
View attachment 313476
View attachment 313477
View attachment 313479
View attachment 313483

It's perfect. Please send these screenshots and the various reasons you've provided here that explain your gut feelings to the authorities. asap Please.

#FindSuzanne

If it pays well.
I could see him wanting to do interviews. The major league baseball dream went nowhere. He couldn't even get into the minor leagues. It all depends on how hungry his defense team are. They might like the exposure IF they have a week or more to prepare him in advance. On second thought, I really doubt it will happen.
Then again, he is arrogant AF. Might happen at that.

Tomorrow Barry will be released. I'm sick at the thought of it. I'm extremely disappointed in the judge's decision and the ridiculously low bail.
I still can't believe he got bail. How could the judge not see premeditation. He's read the AA, or has he?
Did he ever meet Barry prior to all of this? I'm really at a loss at how this happened. Something seems really off.

Last edited:
Monday evening in Australia. I'll have to wait until tomorrow for the AA, and details of BM's release. I look forward to your comments!

(I am loving the new address of this thread. Awaiting Trial is more fitting than Missing.

I think he tried real hard to lure mountain lions down to the valley and didn't have any luck. The mountains there are pretty lush meaning lots of herbivores for the predators. No need to go down the mountain.

I firmly believe that she's in that ten acre patch of dense forest on the eastern Pahlone spur. The problem becomes getting up there. It's at roughly 9600 feet with the valley floor access at 8500-ish feet.
Can you post a topo map indicating this location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288