Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the hitchiking make sense to anyone? now we saw the van parked and her body not so far away I can't see why he would have thumbed a lift etc. Seems he was with the van all along to me, maybe I am missing something

I think someone else earlier presented a good hypothesis (sorry, can't remember who said it) for this ... one that I thought was probable, anyway.

That he hiked and distanced himself from Gabby's remains for a good chunk of time, made sure that people saw him away from that area, made sure they remembered him ($200) - to give the 'opportunity' for someone else to have come across Gabby and murder her.

Gabby Petito: Laundrie family releases statement after FBI report her body has been found

So his car was found at Mabry Carlton Reserve in Venice. Haven't been there lately (which is an unbelievably good thing). He could be anywhere in that park as it has trails that go all the way up to Rt 72 in Myakka City. A lot of the trails in the Myakka Prairie are under water this time of year, too. It would be a challenge to find him in an area that covers 24,565 acres, and there is no shortage of underbrush where he could hide.

That is, if he doesn't run into an alligator or adult feral hogs which will dine off him should he end up dead there.
Or a ruse to get time as runs away.

Gabby Petito: Laundrie family releases statement after FBI report her body has been found

So his car was found at Mabry Carlton Reserve in Venice. Haven't been there lately (which is an unbelievably good thing). He could be anywhere in that park as it has trails that go all the way up to Rt 72 in Myakka City. A lot of the trails in the Myakka Prairie are under water this time of year, too. It would be a challenge to find him in an area that covers 24,565 acres, and there is no shortage of underbrush where he could hide.

That is, if he doesn't run into an alligator or adult feral hogs which will dine off him should he end up dead there.

*fingers crossed*

I think the FBI confirmed it was her, didn’t they? Later last night.

EDIT: I’m making this up apparently! But I don’t think they would act as confident if there wasn’t some indication that was assuredly her.
Visual ID by tattoos make sense. But they're probably doing a more extensive ID process. JMO.

Wow. I'll admit I wasn't seeing the door closing when the video of the van first appeared, but after seeing this one it certainly looks like either Brian or Brian and Gabby both were inside at the time the other YouTubers drove past.

yes I couldn’t see it either and thought we were just looking at the ladder thing - see clearly now

Does the hitchiking make sense to anyone? now we saw the van parked and her body not so far away I can't see why he would have thumbed a lift etc. Seems he was with the van all along to me, maybe I am missing something
Potential alibi is the only reason I can think of ( “something happened when I was gone”.).

LE have called off any search of the reserve today and there will be no media updates.

Something happened - my guess is that they have reason to believe he is somewhere else.

https://twitter.com/WFLABeth/status/1439923229880111108?s=20
When LE stops looking for a missing POI it could mean:
1. They know conclusively that he's dead.
2. They've been contacted by BL's lawyer and are making plans to have BL turn himself in.
3. They're satisfied he's nowhere in the preserve.

I'm still not sold on the van door closing. The camera quality is just too bad. You would think that the Bethunes would've mentioned the door closing if they could see the plates?
Visual ID by tattoos make sense. But they're probably doing a more extensive ID process. JMO.
From the article that I linked earlier: "Teton County, Wyoming, Coroner Dr. Brent Blue told CNN an autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday, saying officials would confirm the identity of the remains through photographs, personal identification or DNA." So yeah they're going to try and confirm it fully. But if they were confident in telling her family, I think it's more than likely her. Additionally the only two other people missing in the area are men.

I had suggested last night that Brian may have hitchhiked multiple times throughout the early morning to the evening of the 29th but what if Miranda Baker was* the only person to pick him up? I wondered if Brian killed Gabby on August 28th, tried to hide her body quickly and as cleverly as he could given the amount of other campers in the area and what he could see and do in the darkness without drawing any attention. Could Brian have walked the 17 miles to Coulter Bay Village all early morning and throughout the day of the 29th and realized this hitchhiking thing wasn't going to work? Miranda and her boyfriend leave Brian at Jackson Lake Dam and he either walks all the way back to the van or gets one more ride from the dam back to Forest Road 30290 and Elk, WY. If someone did bring Brian back I highly doubt he let them drive him all the way back to where the van was left sitting at Spread Creek Campground. Brian easily could have been back at the van before midnight on the 29th and already heading out and on his way back to Florida. I think he may have been in such a manic state that he drove nonstop arriving home late Wednesday night the 1st. Think back to the insane cross-country road trip of Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky. It can be done.

I think someone else earlier presented a good hypothesis (sorry, can't remember who said it) for this ... one that I thought was probable, anyway.

That he hiked and distanced himself from Gabby's remains for a good chunk of time, made sure that people saw him away from that area, made sure they remembered him ($200) - to give the 'opportunity' for someone else to have come across Gabby and murder her.

If he DID murder Gabby then LE are really going to have to work hard to pin down a time frame to be able to place him in the location around the time she was killed (this is assuming they don't find concrete, irrefutable forensic evidence that ties him to the murder).

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member