Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘Those Guys Are Full of S**t”: North Port Police Hit Back At Criticism Cops Mishandled Gabby Petito Investigation; Boyfriend Brian Laundrie Remains Missing

“[Police] should’ve immediately placed [Laundrie] under surveillance,” Ed Gavin, an expert in missing person cases and former acting chief of the New York City Administration for Children’s Services, told the New York Post. “Immediately.”

“They should’ve been all over him … The fact that they let him out of their sight, that’s a no-no. Time is of the essence with these investigations.”

……..

North Port Police spokesperson Josh Taylor defended his department from the critics.

“These guys are full of s–t,” Taylor told the New York Post. “We have a missing person case and we don’t have anyone to talk to and we don’t have any evidence of a crime on a case that’s outside our jurisdiction.”
…..
Oh, great! Now a municipal police department is lashing out at the public... calling them names with profanity. Seriously. I've never (to my recollection) been to/through North Port. Based on the outward bearing and apparent performance of the cop shop, I do not think it's my loss.

I feel like there would have been birds circling etc above her remains.. I do believe he hit her with the truck. I don't know why..A vehicle can be a very deadly weapon should someone be in a rage. I feel like she was going to get away from him in Yellowstone..she probably wanted to break up with him.He probably didn't want G to meet her friend in Yellowstone..because abusers don't like that..they don't want you having support outside of their influence. And here she might unload their problems on her friend..and she could get away from him.

I think this was a break up situation. I think she didn't feel safe and she wanted to end it. He wanted the van.

mOO

I'm in Florida, less than an hour's drive to North Port. Yesterday, when we still had at least three to four more hours of light, LE halted the search, because it was "getting too dark". They also said the weather was too bad to continue. Nope. It was a lovely, overcast day and temperatures were more than comfortable. So, no inability to see and a lovely day.
My take is there's other information about BL that caused LE to abruptly pull the plug on the search.
I’m also in Florida and it rained here on and off. The clouds and thunder started to roll in around 4 pm and by the time I finished dinner at 6 it was getting ready to rain. By 630 it was pouring.

He was, but this was days later, and there have been images and video of him where he's barefoot.

Respectfully, I just don't think we can rule out two people being inside, just because there's only one pair of flip-flops outside.

(They could be out of view round the other side of the van, he could've kept them on, he might not have been wearing any in the first place etc)

MOO

I think we're talking about different things. I'm talking about what appears to be man size sandals and no other sandals as the back of the van closes. I'm under the assumption he is the only one inside.

Last edited:
Josh is in over his head. Remember Friday night, when we found out BL was "missing," Josh called in to talk to JB on WFLA and was being wildly defensive about all the criticism the NPPD was getting. It was really shockingly inappropriate, IMO. (It was live streamed and I don't know if WFLA keeps those recordings?)
As i understand it, Mr. Taylor is the communications guy for the entire municipality (not just the PD). To me, it seems, he should stick to playground openings and the like. Why they haven't reassigned him from this particular matter is baffling to me.

Brian Entin's latest tweet: https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439938528465543174 contradicts what the Laundrie said to reporters (video:
). They said they got the car Thursday, he says that he saw it in the driveway Wednesday.
What exactly did Laundries say? I read that they reported BL left Tuesday. Apparently, they were told he was going to preserves. Family reported him missing Friday to police. Mustang was not in driveway as of Tuesday evening. Reappeared Wednesday according to Entin video. Report was Family saw car at preserve when going there to look for BL and a LE note was affixed to car to remove it. So someone drove it back to the house. Exact timing not clear.
All info is sourced to the parents. They have given info directly. We don’t know what is true and not. All we know here is that they filed missing persons report on BL on Friday and they told LE that BL said going to preserves and some evidence with car. No one has verified when BL was at that house in September, much less when he left it. He could be in China or Fiji for all we know

At this point in the investigation, is it at all feasible that Brian didn't kill Gabby?

I know the consensus is clearly heavily weighted otherwise, but I'm just playing devil's advocate here (innocent until proven guilty etc etc).

Could he claim he left her in the van, went hitchhiking, and when he returned she was either gone, or dead? Yes, he obviously should've immediately reported her missing/dead, but panicked and fled instead..

Is there already evidence in terms of time frames to refute this and blow his defence clean out of the water or is there a chance that it MIGHT not have been him, and his only crime was fleeing the scene and then having a meltdown and going awol?

MOO

One thing I forgot to mention:

Mabry Carlton Reserve also borders Lincer Preserve to the south, and further down, Oak Cathedral Preserve, close to North Port. This just gives him extra space to hide out in in.

Maps

Lest he do something really stupid like jump the fence surrouding park boundaries, cross I-75 on foot across to the other side where Deer Prairie Creek Preserve is...I just do not see the resources being spent by LE to find BL.
I’m not so sure he’s in there! Never was!
I’m beginning to wonder if he ever came back to North Port!

Maybe his family finally took their heads out of their behinds with her body being found and realized that he did actually harm her.
We still don't know if she was harmed. Accidents happen in the wild all the time and that still may be a possibility. Brian is said to only be 5'8" and 160lbs and Gabbie is said to have been 5'5 and 110lbs. He physically looks thin and weak, and like he wouldn't have the arm strength to move around a 110lb body IMO. In some photos his arms look as skinny as hers does. Also I read that he was vegan and was living off mostly watermelon/fruits on this road trip which would make him even weaker.
47923351-9990735-North_Port_Police_are_asking_for_Brian_Laundrie_pictured_left_to-a-55_1631654733334.jpg

I can't take credit. This was anew release I stumbled upon and shared. Credit is due to the person who posted their work on youtube.

YouTube creators for the win!!

Can we acknowledge now that social media can be a powerful and positive force for investigations and missing humans instead of such dismissive language as “rando” and such skepticism ?

Ex-homicide detective Pat Diaz slams handling of Gabby Petito case

I would like your opinion: The x- homicide detective is critical that the Northport police did not get a search warrant for Laundrie's home, including his computer and the Northport police state they did not have the authority to do so-- who is right?
Diaz is IMO. There is a strong nexus between the Laundrie family and GP. Can't imagine a judge not seeing that and signing off on a warrant.

The NPPD 1) need legal counsel or better legal counsel - their excuses smell & 2) need a professional media rep - theirs stinks. I'll never understand why they didn't exercise their full investigative powers. Leaning in the direction of incompetence in both my points, sadly. Even if they "believed" their hands were tied, they looked as bad as the stonewalling parents in this case. And both parties have made getting to the truth needlessly long and complicated.
JMHO

At this point in the investigation, is it at all feasible that Brian didn't kill Gabby?

I know the consensus is clearly heavily weighted otherwise, but I'm just playing devil's advocate here (innocent until proven guilty etc etc).

Could he claim he left her in the van, went hitchhiking, and when he returned she was either gone, or dead? Yes, he obviously should've immediately reported her missing/dead, but panicked and fled instead..

Is there already evidence in terms of time frames to refute this and blow his defence clean out of the water or is there a chance that it MIGHT not have been him, and his only crime was fleeing the scene and then having a meltdown and going awol?

MOO

Yes. Depending on autopsy and investigation of crime scene results, there may be no usable evidence that BL killed GP.

He could say she told him to leave. So he did. Could say she told him he could take the van back to FL in a given time. So he returned to get van and did so. The DA is going to have to prove with hard evidence that BL did it if that’s what they believe snd it might not hold up in court. Remember, he died not have to say a thing. Doesn’t have to answer any questions. And if there is a possible other scenario that physically could have happened, there may not be a case strong enough to indict him, much less convict him

I frankly have a hard time believing anything said or attributed to BL or his parents. They supposedly claim he's in the reserve but could they have actually assisted him in getting out of the country and away from prosecution? Protecting their son is one thing, however, potentially being involved in a cover-up is beyond the pale. I hope that anyone involved in the situation are prosecuted to full extent of the law. JMO

BL's parents searched the reserve themselves on Wednesday and Thursday, before their lawyer called the police on Friday.
On Wednesday they saw the car with the official note on it saying that the car had to be moved. They left the car there overnight for their son to use if he showed up. They picked the car up on Thursday. (Some of the reporters outside the house saying they saw the car there on Wednesday evidently had their days mixed up.)

In this article is one of the videos that explains part of this (their searches on Wednesday and Thursday).
Body matching description of Gabrielle 'Gabby' Petito found in Grand Teton, FBI confirms

I am still looking for the other video where I saw the info about the note on the car and them later picking up the car. If I find it, I will post it. It was reported by a journo who was at the scene of the police search for BL.

I don't think their lawyer will be lying. He is acting as intermediary for them, for good reason. Because what he says should be relied on. It is his reputation at stake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998