Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm a protective father, if my daughter cries, I'm gonna fix the problem," Joseph Petito said. "That's not something she's going to bring up to me because I'm going to get involved real quick."

He said it was hard to watch the police body camera footage of Gabby talking with police in Utah after an "altercation" with Laundrie because he "can't bring himself to see my daughter cry."

Petito said Gabby never mentioned that incident to him.

In the same video, Gabby said she "has OCD," but her father said she was never diagnosed.

"She was clean, she likes things in their place," he said. "[The van] is a confined space. Making sure things are put away...doesn't seem OCD to me."

He added that she "doesn't have mental instability," and the incident with police "sounds like [Gabby and Laundrie] were just having an argument."
Gabby Petito Case Live Updates: Father says Gabby never mentioned fight where police intervened

So he said nothing about suspicions that DL had abused his daughter before, or that it looked like she had been abused that day? But what he said does suggest she likely wouldn't have told him if that's what was going on.

Well things really picked up during my morning classes! I'm so glad they got a search warrant for the Laundrie home. Something interesting that I saw on twitter: I wonder if Gabby's Apple Watch data will be useful if they find it.

Are their pictures of her wearing one? I mustve missed that.

I would imagine they have a copy of the original video file and are running it back and forth a 1000 times on $100,000 equipment with a team of FBI nerds pouring over every inch. They have probably blown up the front window reflection and are circling reflections from the interior. They for sure have more than twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one.

Rec for Alice's Restaurant reference!:)

3. is he really that bald? Do we have photos of his hairline? He could and would look very racially ambiguous imo if he was crossing a border. His normalcy is so boring…he could pass in many groups.

Here's a picture from his insta showing his hair. It was posted as a throwback pick in 2020 so it must be old.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 1.16.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 1.16.29 PM.png
    586.9 KB · Views: 169
Its been stated that the couple did not see any one. It shows them actively slowing down because of interest in the Florida plates and one angle shows the male driver looks at the van right as the windows line up but the couple filming were both looking and they saw no one.

My thought is that BL was off on his own and GP was in the back of the van hanging out and had the door propped open a bit for fresh air and closed it for privacy as she heard them start to approach.

There were several other campers very close by and noise travels well out there because of the isolation. I highly doubt she passed away anywhere near the van in that location which is pointing to be her last camping spot. Instead I believe they were walking together out in the bush and something happened out there. IMO
I'm wondering if perhaps he held her under water & drowned her in the creek. Would the ME be able to pick up on that given the time between her death & now & the condition of her body? I'm hoping there's enough forensic evidence to determine the cause of death. I 100% believe he killed her, he's been & is on the run & now in hiding. And I wouldn't be surprised if a 3rd party is helping him. He needs food, shelter, $. He can't last forever without help. I don't think he's dead or his parents would be way more frantic... kinda like Gabby's (sarcasm). Perhaps in time he may off himself but now... nah. RIP lil one. :(

telemetry data from the mustang could either prove or disprove their story they told police

that will be something to watch
The event data recorder in this vehicle is designed to record such data as: • How various systems in the vehicle were operating; • Whether or not the driver and passenger safety belts were buckled/fastened; • How far (if at all) the driver was depressing the accelerator and/or the brake pedal; and • How fast the vehicle was traveling; and • Where the driver was positioning the steering wheel.

Most EDR's only activate in the case of a serious crash... but I'm not certain if that's the case here. Also, Note that the above is for the 2017 model year.

I personally went to the progresso area about a month ago and walked in with no problem. Eagle pass is also open. Del Rio was closed Friday due to the thousands of Haitian immigrants currently camped out under the bridge.

Did anyone check for a passport? I know someone who passed over at Nogales - no check at all.

Not that I think BL did this. But it is possible.

Until this case, I always read every single post in every single thread of any case that I followed. Wanted to learn, wanted to discuss, wanted to give “likes” to posts that I agreed with, etc.

Now, literally every time I sign on, the thread is just about full and there’s a new thread. So I feel apologetic about great posts I have missed, but many of us just can’t keep up, if we want to sleep and eat etc. At least I’m retired.

Having said that, I saw a post yesterday in thread #something, but the thread closed before I could reply. I imagine this has been brought up a zillion times by now and I missed it.
Someone, more than one poster, remarked on the difference between social media staged life and real life. I’m not on SM so I’m pretty ignorant of it all.

My question is, if BL was or pretended to be the environmentally conscientious type, (no plastic bottles etc.), why did he have a Mustang? I don’t know cars but I’m pretty sure it’s not an electric type of car, right?

I don’t know if anyone will even see this to answer, we must all be racing through the threads by now.

My hat is off to the mods. This forum must be a LOT of work.
My guess would be that the Mustang was before the awakening!

I feel so bad for all the cops and reporters and agents having to be outside in this heat. It’s hot plus the humidity and ugh it’s miserable. I live here in FL and I barely can stand outside for 2 min before I’m sweating.

Last edited:
I’m beginning to think Brian never came back and his parents brought the vehicle to their house. Hence why they didn’t return calls or texts for days. Sept 1 they just parked the van at their house and made up the hiking on Tuesday so throw off investigators a couple more days. Seems more logical now hence nobody has seen Brian at all since august other than his so called sighting from his parents.

This doesnt make sense, the return of the vehicle is what started her families suspicion. It would have been better to pretend they were still travelling, when really he took the van to Mexico alone, where he could live in and survive with very little funds. Why bring the van back to Florida? He could have pretended to send texts for at least a week or two whilst he disappeared. If they were smart enough to distract the cops with a potential rouse that he's missing whilst hiking, they are smart enough to help him disappear before her family were suspicious

Questions I am asking myself, relevant to finding Brian Laundrie:

1. What do we know of him besides the IG that starts with him and Gabbie?

2. can we sleuth his parents? Anyone have intel on former places they have lives. They own a juice bar-who do they have access to in their line of business? Fruit transporters?

3. is he really that bald? Do we have photos of his hairline? He could and would look very racially ambiguous imo if he was crossing a border. His normalcy is so boring…he could pass in many groups.

4. no criminal history? No old friends? I wonder about his youth. TTI? Wilderness Therapy? His parents seem to be the type to pay others to take care of problems. Or at least deny involvement.

6. Where and when and why did he become so interested in nature? Before or after the interest in the macabre?

7. Gen Z uses psychological language a lot to describe their emotions, but I feel like he and her seemed very “therapy minded” in their convo with LE on 8/12. I wonder what that’s about? Where exactly did they meet?

8. they were together for 2 years. Both so young. The answer could very well lie with the parents. I know the FBI is on it.

Briefly

1.) Not too much
2.) No
3.) ?
4.) Websleuthers haven't found anything
6.) Likely after Hellboy reading was at 8
7.) High school

Once, if, the presence of that van is verified for the 27th, 28th, and 29th, I think it's clear as a bell that she wasn't there alive, at all, if the tent wasn't pitched by the van. Hard to prove, but might be usable if all her SM shows a tent up by the van. Also, IMO it appears to me that she died on the 27th, just a hunch, and that it may have taken hours at midnight to move her further and further from the van. Do we have any verifiable MSM account of her being in a shallow grave? Anyway, I think we can rule out a respectful "deep" grave if it turns out that she was spotted from the air. IMO
Your response sparked an interesting thought: what items were in the white van when the FBI searched it on 9/10-9/11?

1) IMO..Most likely not much left after he returned.
2) Did anyone in neighborhood see him emptying the van between 9/1 and 9/10? Did anyone see him period? Did his parents empty it?
3) On 9/20, what items will the FBI find that were in the van on the trip in Wyoming?
4) Did BL empty the white van in his driveway and store these items in the shed out back?
5) Did BL dispose of most items like the tent, mattress, pillows etc.. before he returned to FLorida?

I think most people feel that way. The only thing I can think of, barring pure evil, is that they felt their son was in crisis (mental health?) and thought they were doing the right thing. By now, however, I think they've had a huge reality check and their eyes this morning show their fear.
My apologies as the topic is off limits.
-----------------
I believe he was extremely jealous of his beautiful, talented gf. He didn't support her efforts to grow her business beyond even her wildest dreams. (She said as much when LEOs pulled them over.) Gabby had 3 times the IG followers than he did.

jmvhoo
#RIPSweetGabby

Last edited:
The event data recorder in this vehicle is designed to record such data as: • How various systems in the vehicle were operating; • Whether or not the driver and passenger safety belts were buckled/fastened; • How far (if at all) the driver was depressing the accelerator and/or the brake pedal; and • How fast the vehicle was traveling; and • Where the driver was positioning the steering wheel.

Most EDR's only activate in the case of a serious crash... but I'm not certain if that's the case here. Also, Note that the above is for the 2017 model year.
If they use the Berla technology on the vehicles they may see photos, contacts, texts, etc from any phone connected to the vehicle via USB, BlueTooth or wireless technology as well.

I'm late to this thread (sorry!), but after scanning 20 pages or so I can't seem to find any real viable theories, I guess there isn't much to go off of.

That said, I did watch the video, <modsnip> She admits she suffers from OCD, and also that she hit the guy. I realize those are small things, but some people really do lose control a bit when in a fight and start hitting and screaming and stuff. He seems pretty calm in the face of police being around.

I had a girlfriend when I was 27 years old, and she was really unstable. I came to a point where I wanted to end up, and was making a plan to do so (you have to be careful when ending a relationship with someone unstable). But one night we were at a party having a bunch of drinks and I just hit my breaking point. After we left the party, I just decided to get it over with and told her I was really done and I didn't want it any more. Of course now that I'm 44, I wished I would have handled that with a bit more empathy, but I was just tired of all the *advertiser censored* and wanted it to be done. After I broke up with her she promptly threw herself into a river and was swept downstream. I looked for her for about 5 minutes, but realized it was a scary situation and she could be really hurt.

I flagged down a passing police car and told them the story, after which they promptly put me in the back of the car and we drove around looking for her. I immediately sensed I was a person of interest, and now possibly in some trouble because they assumed I had tossed her into the river or something. Thankfully for me (and her) we saw her come out of the river downstream after looking for 20-30 minutes. The cops approached her to find out what really happened (which is exactly what I said), and basically had a meltdown with the cops and started punching and screaming at them. In the end I was released that night since my story checked out, and she was involuntarily committed to the psych ward that night. Of course, we stayed broken up.

I'm not saying any of that happened, and he's been extremely shady so far, especially with not talking to the police and disappearing. But maybe he just had enough of her and decided to leave, and in the midst of a breakup, she had a breakdown and either threatened to hurt herself or ran away from him. In that case maybe what he's feeling now is immense guilt and shame that he didn't go looking for her (which is what I would have felt had my ex not come out of that river and I didn't flag down that cop). In this is this day and age when young people especially become so tied to an online persona, especially when it shows them happy and golucky and travelling that a breakup now is such a larger deal since it means the end of that life and being in the spotlight.

Of course, I know in these situations the guy probably did end up hurting her, but just want to present an alternate theory based on some of my own life experiences that almost got me into a load of legal trouble (i.e. if she hadn't stepped out of the water at some point and attacked the cops, I could have been in real trouble, even though I didn't do anything).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members