Still Missing HI - Ariel Sellers AKA 'Isabella Kalua', 6, last seen asleep in bdrm, Waimanalo, 12 Sep 2021*Arrests

ADMIN NOTE:

It is a violation of Websleuths TOS to publicly sleuth someone who has not been officially named a POI by law enforcement, and to post about it in the public discussion thread.

Additionally, Admin has previously reinforced that rule by posting about it in this thread.

Next member in this thread who publicly sleuths a non POI will receive a minimum 1 week Time Out and an additional 1 week for ignoring Admin or Mod notes.

Just curious. Are there any persons of interest in this case? Law enforcement has not said any person, legally. On the other hand, there seems to be finger pointing at major players--and there are a number of them. More red herrings and a lot of obfustication and speculation. Hope the recorded statement clears up some of these inconsistencies.

Am I correct? Did I miss something?
1. Child last seen at 9p.m., fully dressed, ready to sleep. Sept. 12 Sunday.
2. Somewhere around 1a.m./1:30a.m., it is discovered by (whom?) that she is not in bed. Sept. 13 Monday.
3. At 6a.m., parents call police. Sept. 13 Monday.
4. The week prior(maybe from Sept.6-10 but convenience center is open on Sundays also), an album associated with the family was discovered then turned in to LE--when?--But not to the family. This person had the album for how many days and only gave it to LE?

ADMIN NOTE:

It is a violation of Websleuths TOS to publicly sleuth someone who has not been officially named a POI by law enforcement, and to post about it in the public discussion thread.

Additionally, Admin has previously reinforced that rule by posting about it in this thread.

Next member in this thread who publicly sleuths a non POI will receive a minimum 1 week Time Out and an additional 1 week for ignoring Admin or Mod notes.
L

I’m sorry, I didn’t intend to violate TOS. I’ll be more careful in the future, thanks for the reminder.

We're all just trying to help here and find this girl. I think it's a bit frustrating for everyone that there is so little information that has been released. It's also clear that a lot of information is being withheld by the authorities, at this point. I'm sure they have their reasons re their investigation. However, it would really be helpful to the public search and assistance if they would divulge what the other kids said about when they last saw Isabella/Ariel, and also also a much more detailed description of the girl and her abilities. i.e., Whether or not she is autistic, is she able to walk well and does she have a history of exploring and going long distances. This information would be super helpful for searchers. IMO, there is no reasonable excuse for the authorities not to have released the bare minimum information. Just the opinion of someone who has tried to help search for her, while frustrated at the lack of information. JMO IMO

snip

Harrison said there has been much misinformation surrounding this case, including previous media reports that Isabella was recently taken out of school to be home-schooled. According to Harrison, she has been home-schooled for two years now.

Attorney for adoptive family of missing 6-year-old girl in Waimanalo explains their absence in search parties

According to local news article this afternoon, the adoptive family's attorney, Harrison, said "... electronic locks on the house confirm when Isabella left the home, that she had a history of going outside at night to sleep in the yard, and that the family home-schooled their adopted children due to concerns about COVID ― not to hide abuse."

snip

(highlights bolded by me)

I know it feels like COVID has been around for years but hasn't it been less than 2? Did they pull her out of school in anticipation of COVID? Maybe it got to Hawaii earlier than the mainland?

I know it feels like COVID has been around for years but hasn't it been less than 2? Did they pull her out of school in anticipation of COVID? Maybe it got to Hawaii earlier than the mainland?

Because of her age, the only year of school she would've experienced/missed out on during covid is kindergarten (and likely just started 1st grade as a homeschooler). Though, we don't know the ages of her siblings and if they had previously started physical school/had been pulled out in favor of homeschooling/already had virtual learning in place due to covid etc.

I'm going back to sitting on my hands with this one. MOO.

Because of her age, the only year of school she would've experienced/missed out on during covid is kindergarten (and likely just started 1st grade as a homeschooler). Though, we don't know the ages of her siblings and if they had previously started physical school/had been pulled out in favor of homeschooling/already had virtual learning in place due to covid etc.

I'm going back to sitting on my hands with this one. MOO.

Yes, but they didn't have virtual learning in place due to COVID 2 years ago. I'm wondering why this attorney is being vague rather than giving an actual date or plausible range of dates. IMO he does not want to give an actual timeline for whatever reasons an attorney might have.

So far the only major life change in the AP family was that the little girl's adoption was finalized? I wonder how long it takes to adopt a foster child; that is a big step. Is it not related or personal information to wonder what her birth date is? Could that also set off a trigger for her to leave the home? Maybe she wanted to see her birth mother to spend that important date with her?

No, the opposite. Hawaii has just had an exponential growth in the past couple of months.

Hawaii closed much of its tourist infrastructure at one point, but when summer came and they reopened, the rates went way up.

Appears to be leveling off, perhaps dropping a tiny bit:

Hawaii COVID: 75,006 Cases and 702 Deaths - Worldometer

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998