Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police weren't going to save her. There was nothing to save her from. Maybe she would've spent a night in jail? The incident in Moab happened a good 2 weeks before Gabby died. <modsnip>
I don't think the night in jail would have changed anything. They appear on surface to be a toxic couple unfortunately. I don't know if I can judge their relationship from the hour police video, but I think it's fair to say it was an unhealthy relationship no matter which one would set off the other one. She just happened to get 'caught' by someone who called 911 but that doesn't mean she was the aggressor every time...they could be both be aggressors in their own way.

This was my thought all day yesterday and for the same reasons you have. I'm not so sure now. Especially with that 911 call about him chasing her. When you think that that occurred on a public street where anyone could see, I am revising my thinking. I wonder if she quit having facetime with her mother and only texting because she had marks.

Or if bruises, black eye etc could perhaps be the reason for a week cooped up in a hotel room where nobody in the outside world can see.

But had they decided to arrest anyone that day it probably would have been Gabby. That's the really disturbing part.
This is enraging.
BL appeared to be the victim, but the 911 caller said that BL was slapping and hitting GP!
Why didn't the officers who made the DV stop know that?
Gabby's taking the blame for everything should have been a huge red flag.
More training needed!

And I have watched the bodycam video and while there were many things LE did properly, their misogyny about women and anxiety was repulsive.
And yucking it up bro style with BL about anxious women is beyond the pale.

Also is there in info about who, if anyone, Gabby called from the back of the cruiser?
She said she was calling her parents, which I would assume would be her mother, but does anyone know who she called, or if she called anyone at all?
Her dad has said he didn't know anything about it.

They don't seem to have the forensics gear that would indicate a body. Saw a cop touch things without gloves, and another walk into the dumpster with only gloves no other protective gear tha you would expect at a crime scene with a body

They are wearing gloves on the livestream right now.

I was thinking along the lines you have so eloquently delineated. I too am concerned that they will not be able to identify the cause of death--

I am very optimistic that they will be able to figure it out. While it had been about 3 weeks since she died, there should be some forensic evidence. It certainly wasn't environmental (heat) related. I believe there will be evidence of trauma on her body. They were close enough to other humans that silencing her quickly would have been paramount.

It's true that a lot of forensic evidence would be gone, but strangling usually leaves evidence in the bones - and I think he probably did more than that.

I don't think a whole body was found. Last night a reporter said "body parts" and later it was referred to as "human remains". I hate to write this but I think they only found pieces of her and I don't think it was necessarily the elements that got to the body but animals. I also saw people with nets scouring the area, like to pick up more evidence, from that Fox news helicopter video.

Yesterday I was sure I saw a shallow grave under the pop up tent but now I'm sure I was just seeing a shadow in a bad video. I have now seen better quality videos of the scene from the helicopter and you can see several men clustered around an area of bushes off to the side of the tent, looking at something on the ground. It's not a big thing, whatever they are looking at, or you could see more of it. In some angles of the video you can see a bit of yellow or orange color that could be her hair. JMO

So in any case, cause of death may be hard to determine, especially if they only have a partial body.

The term human remains is used for a dead body intact or not.

I knew it! All of us DV survivors could see exactly what went down here.
The caller witnessed a scuffle. She admitted to assaulting him. He didn't offer that up until the cops started asking about his injuries. She denied he hit her. You can make that of that whatever you want, but he's still innocent in the eyes of the law, while she freely admitted to committing a crime.

Last edited:
A FL reporter says the neighbors haven't seen him. LE wasn't permitted to see him when they came to the door soon after his return. So far as I know, there's not been a credible sighting of Laundrie in FL - although one of the people in the crowd last night tweeted that they thought they saw him a couple of blocks from the house.

It will be very telling to see what the answers to all of your questions are. I'm starting to think he might never have been in FL at all, though.
How would the van have ended up there, if he hadn't drove it home? He may have left as soon as he got home but I can't see his parents going to get her van.

I'm fairly certain that it was described as HUMAN REMAINS and was later scrambled by users to mean partial remains. I don't for one second believe that she was dismembered.

However, we must take into account that is in a remote area with many types of wildlife and there are often remains that can be scattered due to scavengers.

Oh great. Now they’re putting up a tent so I can’t see anything

edited to add. Totally unrelated imo

Last edited:
I figured it was really something more like that. Can't believe the cops/rangers didn't have access to that before intimidating Gabby.

I'm sure they wish they had had access to it too. But they didn't. They did not intimidate her. They asked her if she had been hit and she said no. She said she had hit him. He said she had hit him. From the info they had, he was the victim.

Blaming LE for what happened or for not "saving" her from him is just plain wrong. The only person conceivably responsible for her death is BL.

They are wearing gloves on the livestream right now.

The guy in plain clothes (brown shirt, jeans) wasn't earlier (he is now), he was touching the white wall with no gloves. I wonder if it's evidence such as dumped bag or clothes, or surveillance that he dumped something there.

An erected tent though suggests something gruesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member