SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The brothers are dirty as hell! I hope they all lose their licenses to practice law. At the very minimum.
AM didn’t come up with the fake llc that sounded like a real structure settlement firm. And the bankers who would play ball, by himself.
AM is 4th generation of this legal empire. He is essentially Paul M.
Never had to answer a follow-up question in his life!
I hope everyone in that firm is disbarred.

PM was murdered a mere 3 days before his next court hearing.

Who had the most to gain if he did NOT show up at that hearing and subsequently, the jury trial, etc? Any alleged "enemies" who theoretically may have killed him had little to nothing to gain from his rather suspiciously timed murder; the criminal case against him was dismissed after his death. (And why would these "enemies" wait almost 2 1/2 years to suddenly kill him, with the inevitable trial looming?)

A few well-placed shotgun blasts ... and one potentially devastating legal jeopardy was cleanly removed from the Murdaugh family.

The reporter didn't press him on where the money was from the death of the housekeeper if the sons did not receive it
Less than credible AM could have easily set the alleged shooting* scene by firing the gun himself multiple times before CES got there (remember, in spite of all those shell casings, his Mercedes was not scratched!)

He presented two very different stories to explain this roadside drama: 1) Some unknown attacker tried to kill him while he was changing his (run-flat) tire ... then 2) "assisted suicide" to collect $10M for Buster.

Both scenarios required a "shooter", i.e. the bad guy.

I firmly believe CES was set up.

* We are STILL waiting to see any evidence of AM's alleged gunshot head wound(s).
Hia booking photo shows an undamaged face[buzzer sound]. I am are tired medical social worker, and I have visited people with recent head wounds (including a graze wound to the back of the head). When something traveling close the speed of sound travels through your flesh, it causes shock waves. A real head wound, even a graze injury, woul leave his entire head swollen, with bruising even in the front.

Hia booking photo shows an undamaged face[buzzer sound]. I am are tired medical social worker, and I have visited people with recent head wounds (including a graze wound to the back of the head). When something traveling close the speed of sound travels through your flesh, it causes shock waves. A real head wound, even a graze injury, woul leave his entire head swollen, with bruising even in the front.

Who had the most to gain if he did NOT show up at that hearing and subsequently, the jury trial, etc? Any alleged "enemies" who theoretically may have killed him had little to nothing to gain from his rather suspiciously timed murder; the criminal case against him was dismissed after his death. (And why would these "enemies" wait almost 2 1/2 years to suddenly kill him, with the inevitable trial looming?)

A few well-placed shotgun blasts ... and one potentially devastating legal jeopardy was cleanly removed from the Murdaugh family.
Why would his enemies kill him before a court hearing? Because they knew or believed he would barter information about Stephen Smith’s murder for leniency in the death of Mallory
Beach. Mommy had to die as well, because he might have told her what he knew.
This is sort of dishing on PR spin, but AM’s mug shot and his appearance for his bond hearing were impressive in comparison to PM’s last June. They not only had him in an ill-fitting jump suit, but he also had handcuffs that appeared to be chained to his ankles. No starched madras shirt. LOL.

As far as the cowlick/head wound on back of head, Hootnanny might have advised him to use a bit of hair spray or gel just to keep the alleged wound alive in our minds.

OMO.
i promise you, if he was booked into jail with any sort of head injury, the booking staff would get a picture , to protect the jail from liability claims and trouble.

MM and PM were at the dog kennels at around 9pm. Both were shot multiple times, MM with an assault rifle, PM with a shotgun. A mere handgun to do the job apparently was not sufficient - whoever murdered them clearly wanted to make 100% sure they were DEAD in the most destructive, gruesome way possible. I posit that the use of these two devastating weapons evokes these as killings of rage, not merely utilitarian 'revenge', in which an ordinary pistol or rifle would suffice. So why use TWO very different types of firearms?

THEORIES:

1) Two actual killers.

2) Falsely make it appear there were two killers to throw off investigators.

3) MM and PM were not killed at the exact same time. The bodies were found yards from each other (a few yards? 10? 20?).

Did the first gun malfunction and a second (backup) had to be used?

What or who caused them to go to the kennels at 9 at night? Conveniently for the killer, the kennels are tucked among stands of trees, far away from any home security cameras.

Were they each somehow lured to the kennels separately? i.e. Was MM living at Edisto at this time? Was Paul living at Moselle or his apartment (and what about that open front door)?

Did the killer plan for the second victim to arrive after the first one? (i.e. easier to control one person at a time than two.)

So many, many questions!

The bullet reaches the target before the sound.

When hunting if the shot is a kill shot the target never hears the shot.

Jmo from hunting w/ hub

Also from the article (FitsNews)

"Much more expansive, potentially explosive investigations are looming, however, including SLED’s probe of the aforementioned double homicide. Also worth watching? SLED’s deep dive into the finances of PMPED – which hastily accused Alex Murdaugh of stealing $10 million from its coffers on September 6 in a move many believe is an attempted misdirection. In fact, this latter investigation is said to be the nexus of a “significant public corruption investigation” involving the family, the firm and their intimates – according to multiple sources familiar with the inquiry."

:eek:
Already know of two people, made public in GS lawsuit, that are involved...another lawyer and a VP of a bank, both defendants.

Odds are great that those are just the tippety-top of the corruption iceberg. AJMO

I don’t know how to take a screen shot from a video…sorry but in the hearing for AM to hear charges and bond out, AM, sits facing the Judge. The camera is behind him. The public can get a good view of the back of the head. He has blonde to grey hair, cut very neatly. As he sits looking at the Judge, if you find the middle of the back of the head, put a dot and then go just right and down a little it appears that the hair is cut a different, shorter but not really chopped or shaved to the skin to attend to the gun shot.
I have seen hair cut/shaved after an emergency at the ER. There is no one taking their time to make the hair look nice, its cut and cut wider then the injured area. I played back that part several times, and I see no stitches, no scabs, no swelling. The hair I have seen cut off at the ER goes to the scalp, shaved, but this hair seems to be fairly long. I would assume the blood may have been washed away by numerous showers if he was allowed to take them in the hospital. I don’t know. So I am wondering if the funny cut was an after though by someone other then the hospital. All this MOOO but I really did not see a head wound that I thought would be there from what AM lawyer talked about. I just think we have a lot of “stuff” being put out put out “there” to confuse the truth. just all MOOO

Snipped and BBM

(And why would these "enemies" wait almost 2 1/2 years to suddenly kill him, with the inevitable trial looming?)

Because MM wanted a divorce and hired a forensic accountant to dig open all AM's dealings (which would include many others in places of power)? Paul just happened to be there and "involved" himself in MM's assassination?

Like you said makes no sense if it was all to do with PM why wait to 3 days before. He'd have been an easy target to get rid of with a vehicle accident or such. AJMO

100%

I don’t know how to take a screen shot from a video…sorry but in the hearing for AM to hear charges and bond out, AM, sits facing the Judge. The camera is behind him. The public can get a good view of the back of the head. He has blonde to grey hair, cut very neatly. As he sits looking at the Judge, if you find the middle of the back of the head, put a dot and then go just right and down a little it appears that the hair is cut a different, shorter but not really chopped or shaved to the skin to attend to the gun shot.
I have seen hair cut/shaved after an emergency at the ER. There is no one taking their time to make the hair look nice, its cut and cut wider then the injured area. I played back that part several times, and I see no stitches, no scabs, no swelling. The hair I have seen cut off at the ER goes to the scalp, shaved, but this hair seems to be fairly long. I would assume the blood may have been washed away by numerous showers if he was allowed to take them in the hospital. I don’t know. So I am wondering if the funny cut was an after though by someone other then the hospital. All this MOOO but I really did not see a head wound that I thought would be there from what AM lawyer talked about. I just think we have a lot of “stuff” being put out put out “there” to confuse the truth. just all MOOO
That area you speak of looks to me like a cowlick area.The visable skin to me looked very normal pinkish and and not at all like a healing wound. I bet like SLED has said it was so superficial he didn't even need stitches.

If that's NOT the area of his "injury", then I can't see what was!?

Accused Alex Murdaugh shooter says he was set up by prominent lawyer

Smith said he was set up by Alex to make it look as if he shot him.

“I get a call from Alex that Saturday afternoon to come to where he was and I thought it was maybe to fix something,” Smith said, gesturing to a silver Chevy pickup he said was his work truck. “I had no idea what he wanted, I just went over there.”

Smith said he then drove over to the stretch of rural Old Salkehatchie Road and found Murdaugh in his car. He said Murdaugh then got out of his car brandishing a gun, and waving it around as if he might be about to shoot himself.

“I run over and we wrestled a minute together, me trying to get the gun away from him,” Smith said. “Then the gun kind of went off above his head and I got scared to death and I ran to my truck and took off.”

Smith said he took Murdaugh’s gun and threw it away. He did not say where.

“I wound up with the gun,” Smith said. “It was plain stupid, just plain stupid.”

When asked if any bullet actually struck or grazed Alex’s head, Smith shook his head.

“I don’t know,” he said. “I just got out of there.”

"Smith said he took Murdaugh’s gun and threw it away. He did not say where.

“I wound up with the gun,” Smith said. “It was plain stupid, just plain stupid.”

In my opinion, to be credible Mr. Smith needs to let SLED know exactly where he threw that gun so they can retrieve it and test it.

In my opinion, to be credible Mr. Smith needs to let SLED know exactly where he threw that gun so they can retrieve it and test it. [/QUOTE]
The twist that this story has taken would any one be surprised if that gun turns out to be one of the guns that were used against MM and PM?

That area you speak of looks to me like a cowlick area.The visable skin to me looked very normal pinkish and and not at all like a healing wound. I bet like SLED has said it was so superficial he didn't even need stitches.

If that's NOT the area of his "injury", then I can't see what was!?

I did not think of a cowlick….it’s a strange space to have one but one can be there. I really saw no head wound from what I saw. Thanks

edited for missing words!

Soooooo … who did have the most to gain by murdering PM and MM?

There are certainly a lot of secrets that MM and PM were holding or had potential to control. Now that we are seeing the potential for others in M family to fall as well as the firm, I’m wondering if the double murders were a collaborative plan orchestrated by grandpa to protect his firm, reputation, and all his sons? With a limited prognosis he had nothing personally to lose, but he could have wanted to try to shield his family/sons and his firm and reputation before he died.

But then the question of the method being so personal and full of rage. A hired hit wouldn’t come off like that. Who fits the bill as effectively untraceable and potentially very angry? o_O

Is there any way in the world someone who was going to die soon didn’t get taken to the hospital that night, but instead went to Moselle? Or was taken to Moselle before he went to hospital? :rolleyes:

Most of us have felt the announced [IMO questionable] TOD and time of AM’s 911 call are awfully close ( perhaps contrived?) and his air-tight alibi is not confirmed. Just say’n.

Only my musings on a six-hr drive home from N.C. MOO.

(Edited to fix some wording.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members