Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what should they have done. Whats your legal solution for completing that DV stop?
They should have been more professional than being all pally with him and speaking about his toxic ex wife to Brian like he was sympathizing with him. He could have asked Brian about the 911 caller's report that he was slapping her.

Oh, I missed the post saying it had been off since 9/1. So if they know it was turned off on 9/1, then they have a pretty good idea of where the phone is located up to that point, right? Maybe that was what prompted the search today?

I may be behind in this conclusion. I'm trying to keep up, but I'm working and it's interfering with my listening in

okay a bit off topic maybe but I am trying to get a handle on who these young people are and watched the previous trip video and this one. The first thing I noticed was wholly crap so much kissing like almost every single clip there is a kiss. I get being young and in love but anyone else find this strange or am I just a cold (rhymes with witch).

I find it annoying, actually. Probably cause I am a cold *itch too

She didn't state that she didn't drive! She drove the van away from the traffic stop. She drove her Nissan Sentra in California. Why would she have two vehicles registered in succession to her name if she didn't drive?

What she said is that Brian did "most of" the driving. This is common. She was the navigator, with the list of places she wanted to see. She was the planner. He was the driver.
Sorry, you are correct mea culpa. She obviously drives. I was referring to the fact that she said "I just don't usually drive the van so I want to make sure it's not like far"

Given her state and the fact she doesn't usually drive the van and wanted to make sure it wasn't far, I am wondering where exactly she went to after the traffic stop.

1:04:15

• LAUNDRIE-HOME-POLICE.jpg

(Eagle 8/WFLA photo)
  • LAUNDRIE-HOME-SWARMED.jpg

(Eagle 8/WFLA photo)

• (WFLA photo)
  • LAUNDRIE-BACK-YARD.jpg

(Eagle 8/WFLA photo)

• LAUNDRIE-SHED.jpg

(Eagle 8/WFLA photo
  • LAUNDRIE-HOME-SWARMED.jpg

(Eagle 8/WFLA photo)
LIVE: Ford Mustang towed away from Laundrie home | KRQE News 13

I would assume that dispatch would relay the agressor information to officers responding? or no?

Great question. I've been thinking that the police stop started with the officer seeing the van speeding and then hitting the curb.

But is it true that in fact what started the pull over was the 911 call where a witness saw Brian slap and hit her? MOO but that officer didn't seem to act like he had that knowledge. I am shaken. MOO

Yes, could be! I hope we have follow-up to all this from these officers' perspective.

Is anyone else not getting sound off WFLA?

The first time I watched it what I gathered was that both of the LEO's interacting with BL seemed like they may have assumed BL might be embarrassed to be an apparent victim, and were trying to make him feel OK.

Two questions: paraphrased... law enforcement said were done searching area by B's house. Has anyone seen where they are continuing to search? (2) just interested in what you all are currently thinking: Where is he? Is he alive? Thank you.

With all due respect, she admitted to hitting him (slapping, tapping, whatever) on the arm to get him to pull over. She demonstrated to the officer and it was not hard. The officer even went over and asked BL to take his sleeve up and checked his arm for any marks determining that there were none and BL denied that his arm was hurt. You're reaching here. Gabby is the one who is dead. I think that speaks for itself. JMO

Yup. What we have here confirms Gabby was the victim of DV at the hands of BL, IMO:

1. A friend reported that he was super controlling and jealous.
2.The eyewitness that BL was slapping Gabby, several times.
3. His calm behavior at the DV stop and effort to make it seem that Gabby was crazy.
4. She is dead and it is very clear that he was involved in her death due to his consciousness of guilt behavior.

This is just speculation so take it with a grain of salt, but I'm really starting to believe that Brian's parents played an integral role in all of this. I don't think Brian is the sharpest tool in the shed and IMHO his parents probably tried to clean up any evidence he may have left behind (i.e., cleaning the van and making sure her phone was shut off).

Man, I hope not. It's disappointing when parents don't have the proper moral guideposts to deal with a situation like this. You never let your children drag you into their crime. You give them the best lead-by-example PARENTING you can give them, which is, "I'll help you with the best lawyer we can afford, but you're going to face this head-on."

All that was said regarding search warrant on WFLA
- hard drive in van, don't know who it belonged to specifically
- 8/27 text from gabby's phone to her mom, gabby's phone referred to gabby's grandfather as stan, which is not something she ever did
- gabby's phone was off for 15 days starting 9/1

That's all I think they said, they said they will have a full report at 5:30.

He was the one with visible injuries & she claimed that he didn’t hit her….just pushed her away from him. Should they have ignored that? IF it turns out that BL killed her….that’s on him. Nobody else.

That’s a lot of assumptions. I truly can believe that BL was abusing her…..physically & mentally….but, I can’t understand blaming Moab LE for it. We do know that she had a close enough relationship with her family that her father ordered her food. And, she was in touch with her mother. If she had no visible injuries then should have Moab LE just called her a liar when she claimed that BL didn’t hit her?

She had visible injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member