Found Deceased UK - Jamie Grimwood, 23, Abandoned vehicle in Flint, from Runcorn, 23 Aug 2021

I am amazed that his body has been recovered so many days later at the location he went missing from- in a built up area. There were some locals on here- is there land around the ATS that would hide a body’s location? I know the owner of the ATS turned up relatively quickly to help police- I assume that there has been a business continuing to run from there whilst people have been searching, or was it closed down for a while? Unexplained death, rather than we are not seeking anyone else in relation to this- suggests the police haven’t ruled anything out just yet.

One of the administrators of the Remembering Jamie Grimwood Facebook page has posted this (13/09/2021 at 08:49):

"The area he was found was one of the only places we didn't have permission to search, although he was behind ATS, he was behind the wall on the train tracks. He was found by family.

We had been assured this area had been thoroughly searched by POLSA".

One of the administrators of the Remembering Jamie Grimwood Facebook page has posted this (13/09/2021 at 08:49):

"The area he was found was one of the only places we didn't have permission to search, although he was behind ATS, he was behind the wall on the train tracks. He was found by family.

We had been assured this area had been thoroughly searched by POLSA".

Whilst having found him and being able to lay him to rest may, in the fullness of time, bring more peace than having not and then forever wondered, I can’t imagine what those close to him that found him have had to go through in doing so. My heart goes out to them, and all of his loved ones.

The tributes to Jamie on the Facebook page are so heart warming and heart breaking at the same time. Absolutely shocked still that he was found by friends/ family on the railway line at the back of where his car was left. Have any statements been issued since by the police to explain why he wasn’t found. Whilst my immediate assumption now is he was taken by the black dog- something still seems off with the initial investigations. For such a loved and popular guy it breaks my heart to think he may have been consumed by depression.

The cause of a young father's death, whose body was found in undergrowth, was confirmed today at the opening of an inquest.

At a brief hearing in Ruthin John Gittins, coroner for North Wales East and Central, said that Network Rail had notified British Transport Police after Jamie Lee Grimwood was found alongside the railway near Chester Road, Flint, on September 11.

Mr Grimwood, 23, of Greenway Lane, Runcorn, was identified from dental records.

Home Office pathologist Dr Brian Rodgers, who carried out a post-mortem examination, gave the provisional cause of death as compression of the neck.

The inquest was adjourned to a date to be fixed.

What does that mean? That it was suicide by hanging, or murder?

That seems an odd way to describe suicide. Are they not sure of cause of death?

T
The cause of a young father's death, whose body was found in undergrowth, was confirmed today at the opening of an inquest.

At a brief hearing in Ruthin John Gittins, coroner for North Wales East and Central, said that Network Rail had notified British Transport Police after Jamie Lee Grimwood was found alongside the railway near Chester Road, Flint, on September 11.

Home Office pathologist Dr Brian Rodgers, who carried out a post-mortem examination, gave the provisional cause of death as compression of the neck.

They will know whether it’s a ligature compression or not and declare suicide or not at the inquest- on a date to be decided. I think if they didn’t deem it suicide, you would hope to see a bit more police activity by now.

U I am confused ! It said his family found him on the FB group. That he was was behind a wall by railway tracks. A hanging seems unlikely surely

U I am confused ! It said his family found him on the FB group. That he was was behind a wall by railway tracks. A hanging seems unlikely surely
Between the garage (ATS) and the railway line was a border of trees on google earth, from the Facebook page I have learnt there was also a wall there (presumably to stop people straying onto the railway line). I don’t know which side of the wall the trees are on though, but guessing they are on the railway line side (which noone searched as they didn’t have permission)

Between the garage (ATS) and the railway line was a border of trees on google earth, from the Facebook page I have learnt there was also a wall there (presumably to stop people straying onto the railway line). I don’t know which side of the wall the trees are on though, but guessing they are on the railway line side (which noone searched as they didn’t have permission)
It says that network rail informed BTP about the body though? Why did it take 3 weeks to spot it if trains were going past regularly? Also family said it was them that found the body after searching there? None of this makes sense to me at all. Why would you bother changing your tyre and buying sim cards if you were intending to commit suicide?

It says that network rail informed BTP about the body though? Why did it take 3 weeks to spot it if trains were going past regularly? Also family said it was them that found the body after searching there? None of this makes sense to me at all. Why would you bother changing your tyre and buying sim cards if you were intending to commit suicide?
I also saw having re read the inquest report that it says compression of the neck due to hanging !! I am sure this has been added since I read it?

I also saw having re read the inquest report that it says compression of the neck due to hanging !! I am sure this has been added since I read it?

A number of people on social media have commented that the wording had been amended, so you aren't imagining things. None of this makes much sense to me, either.

I think he may have jumped over the wall to avoid someone or something, OR to take a shortcut to ?????? and his coat got caught, hanging him. That's just an idea. It's awful to think of, but so is any other explanation. I am devastated for his f&f especially those who found him.

I think he may have jumped over the wall to avoid someone or something, OR to take a shortcut to ?????? and his coat got caught, hanging him. That's just an idea. It's awful to think of, but so is any other explanation. I am devastated for his f&f especially those who found him.

It's a plausible idea.

It's a plausible idea.
Thanks, I've been thinking about Jamie a lot. This case really bothers me.

The SIM cards make me think he was up to something - perhaps fatherhood getting to him, or college stress crushing him, or girl troubles - and he maybe did wish to disappear (for awhile).

And poor kid, can't blame him. Just ONE stress factor alone he may have had: The cost of sending a child to daycare part-time in his area of the UK can add up to roughly €7,000 per year on the average. Do we know what Jamie's job was? What his college or family situation was like?

I truly believe that he did not mean to end things, though. This was not his plan. Maybe to get away for awhile. Also, being at that ADT at 8pm makes no sense to me unless he was planning something like this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back