Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destroying
My husband works in IT and said, "For argument's sake, let's say you throw a laptop out that you don't want anymore and the hard drive is indeed still in there. Someone can snatch up your laptop, remove the hard drive and turn it into an external hard drive to connect to their own laptop and get a lot off of that hard drive that you wouldn't want put out there." He's removed a hard drive from an old laptop of his that was no longer working and destroyed the pins on it so it was unreadable.

So it's safe to say that if there is anything on that laptop and it's Gabby's...there's a lot to be found. Especially if the hard drive is still in there and intact.
Destroying the pins will not destroy the data, a standard drive format will not destroy the data, taking a magnet to the drive will not destroy the data. Your average computer user isn't going to know how to PERMANENTLY destroy a drive so that nothing can be recovered. Source: My career is in IT Security.

Oh, he probably convinced her she was because she was orderly and he was messy. Victims of DV, especially emotional abuse, lose their identity at some point. All young kids today refer to themselves as having anxiety without a diagnosis by a professional.

Isn’t it mentioned in the search warrant that she has anxiety - info that her parents most likely provided to LE — so the OCD diagnosis doesn’t seem off base IMO

hard-drive-found-in-gabby-petito-van-new-last-text-details-emerge-as-brian-laundrie-remains-missing/3282127/?amp

Hard-Drive found in Gabby Petito’s Van. Mother says text just prior to Gabby’s phone being turned off was asking her to ‘check on Stan, (her grandfather). That all her calls just go straight to voicemail.’ But her mom said Gabby NEVER called her grandfather “Stan” so her mom felt this text was very
Just for accuracy's sake, that's not exactly what the text said. From that article, it said:
"It read, "Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls." The reference to Stan was regarding Petito's grandfather, but Petito's mother said she never calls him "Stan," which made her concerned there was something wrong with her daughter. The phone was turned off that same day..."

I did not initially think this, but I’m starting to believe this will end up being pre-meditated murder. There is something about the timing of the trip back to Florida for six days for reasons yet unknown that makes me believe something is very wrong here, and that his parents have been totally complicit since the beginning. IMO
He had to drive across half the country or more. There's a lot of emptiness driving in Wyoming itself (once you're out of the mountains of course). A lot of looking at nothing but asphalt, to the point where it creates mirages on the pavement. He had a lot of time to think about his actions, turn around and go be with her (or at least look for her). He had enough time to make a playlist for the road trip. The fact that he didn't come to his senses at least once during the multi-day trip speaks volumes.

Good post, @kittythehare -- it just makes me wanna scream. That pretty, talented young woman. IMO, I think he may have enjoyed "playing with" her mind -- simply because he could. We have seen that here before in other WS cases, and it is a very cruel thing to do -- especially to a young, hopeful and trusting young woman, IMO.

<modsnip> I think we can rule out natural causes, although that is the way it is usually stated (as you wrote above -- murder or misadventure) since we do not yet know COD. Good write-up -- thanks.

<modsnip>
I didn't hear a word about that, just lots of speculation. Nothing from LE but I could have missed it

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not initially think this, but I’m starting to believe this will end up being pre-meditated murder. There is something about the timing of the trip back to Florida for six days for reasons yet unknown that makes me believe something is very wrong here, and that his parents have been totally complicit since the beginning. IMO

It is certainly a VERY odd part of this story.

This helps, thank you.
I wonder why he left that HD in the van. Seems odd, I was thinking he would have cleared everything out of there. Maybe there was more in there than I'm thinking.
I don't understand what would be meant by a "hard drive". A box thingy with data? A thingy without the box that you installed inside the computer? Wasn't that like, 30-40 years ago? I thought we were onto thumb drives or Cloud? Or are some folks using "hard drive" to refer to a Windows PC?

Aug. 31 is the new playlist on their Spotify account, isn't it?

For me... this is one of the oddest details. Even though there are plenty of brain fogging details with this timeline, I keep coming back to the possible reality that BL might have made a "driving playlist" after committing such a horrible act.

Could there be some sort of automated 'public playlist posting' function on Spotify, one that publishes top songs you have been listening to on a certain date?

Welcome! & thanks for tagging me in your post. I am not on TikTok so have probably missed some analysis. For sure, those could have been his shoes. I definitely just assumed they were hers, but I could be 100% wrong.

No worries, we all have something to add - they might not be his - just adding to the thread, I was shocked when I saw them in the video, cuz I thought they were hers too. I'm not big of TikTok either, the YouTube video put all tiktoks together. :)...just want to find justice for Gabby, I was so moved by her sweet smile and carefree spirit, she reminded me a lot of my sister who passed away a few years ago...such a zest for life and carefree...gone too soon. May her soul rest in peace and her family get the justice for her they so deserve.

Maybe they were so hung up on not showing gender bias that they created a whole new gender bias.
They were showing gender bias. By not noting in the police report the evidence of physical assault on GP, it would have made it very difficult for her to use the police report in order to obtain an Emergency Order of Protection. I know this because it happened to my daughter. It still infuriates me. JMO

I just came here to point out the same thing. I still had my Spotify account opened from last night when I was looking at their "self consumption" playlist. As of today, the title has been deleted. Their profile photo has also been deleted from the account. *Someone* who has access to their Spotify account had to have done that in the past ~14 hours.

You are absolutely correct. I looked at their Spotify yesterday afternoon and now there is a playlist gone and the main photo has been changed to no photo.

Search warrant for computers found in couple's van highlights 'odd text' Petito's family received

The search warrant issued for computers and hard drives found in Gabby Petito's and Brian Laundrie's van highlights and odd text Petito's family received.

"On August 27th, 2021 the subject's mother, Nichole Schmidt, received an 'odd text' from the subject. The text message read, 'Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls," the document reads.

The document goes on to explain that referring to Stan, Petito's grandfather, by name was unusual behavior for Petito. The exchange led the mother to begin having concerns for Petito's well being.

Gabby Petito: Police declare 'crime scene' as FBI enters Brian Laundrie's Florida home: LIVE UPDATES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member