Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies if these have already been done to death, I had to skip a couple threads…

Speaking to the likely unlocking of Gabby’s phone without her, regardless of whatever iOS Apple is currently on, I can attest that it hasn’t been all that long ago in the grand scheme of things when zero iPhones had face recognition; which indicates to me that the phones needed better hardware to enable the face recognition. I just upped from a 7 Plus, which was new 5 years ago, to a 12 Max Pro; and the 7 Plus was still using fingerprint tech.

As for the “Stan” nomenclature used via text, it seems likely to me that Gabby has/had more than one still-living grandfather, based upon her age; and that it was probably easier in conversation with non-immediate family such as Brian to refer to him as “Stan”, and easier to come to her lips now that Gabby was an adult; so that they knew which of the grandpa’s she was talking about.

I also consider it likely that Brian didn’t know Stan well enough to equate him mentally with “Gampy” or whatever Stan’s family name was, because it’s just not as catchy and distinct. I've had a male BFF for about 20 years now, and he's still hard pressed to tell everyone in the family he never met that I refer to, whom he's never met in person, apart from one another.

Thus, IMO it's absolutely possible that someone who's known Gabby all her life would know that she never calls her grandfather "Stan", far more likely than someone who she's dated for only 2 years would know or notice such a fact; and especially if she uses a different personal lexicon when face-to-face with Brian.

Now, off to learn the new questions I most likely should be answering...
My take on the Stan text message to her mother would be that her mom thought someone else had her phone bc they were referring to her grandpa by his 1st name Stan in the message.
I assume, because Gabby may have grandpas nunber programmed as Stan in her cell phone (all my family is recorded by 1st name at least) so the person using her phone sending the text to her mom didn't know it was grandpa?
Why woukd someone else be using her phone? A random murderer would most likely not touch her phone. But someone that had to devise a plan to get out of a murder, away from their dead gf, and needed a little more time to plan - would communicate with others using their gf's phone to buy more time IMOO. This may give them more time.. you gotta thjnk- he probabky though the police were on the way any minute- Stan & her mom would send the police to find Gabby- was in his mind i imagine. The final message: ..i won't have service in Yosemite..
sealed it in his mind,- there, "ive bought time" so to speak.

No, they were not described by him as defensive wounds. He said he put marks on her.
Except that in the police report, written by Eric Pratt (officer who pulled them over) starts with the fact that a call came in saying that he was slapping her.
Last go round on this one.

IMO, no one listening to the eyewitness 911 call would have reason to doubt his sincerity or concern or that he saw what he saw. He was very specific, including about the sequence.

But LEO Eric didn't listen to the call. A dispatcher obviously told him about it, because he mentions in his report that someone had reported a male striking a woman. Soon or right after that LEO Eric sees the van driving erratically. That's when the video begins.

On the scene, he sees a clearly upset Gabby who doesn't calm down, and an at ease BL. Both tell Eric consistent stories about her hitting him. He had marks on him. Yes, she has a mark on her face. What Eric the LEO also hears is eyewitness Chris saying that she had fought her way into the van. That's physical. Perhaps the scenario LEO Eric imagined is a frantic Gabby whacking at BL as she enters through the van window, and in the turmoil of that, BL grabbing at her face?

It would be helpful to have heard more in the video of what Gabby said & was told by LE & the woman park ranger.

Gabby sensed she was in danger. When the van was being followed, Gabby struck Brian's arm (or the steering wheel). She must have known that causing Brian to swerve would get them pulled over by the officer who was following them. Unfortunately, and understandably, the officers did not pick up on that.

Police were called about Brian slapping Gabby, yet during the stop they somehow ended up calling her the "primary aggressor" and saying it was a "mental health crisis" and bro-ing out with Brian at least three times about "my wife's like that too" rather than properly assessing why Gabby was emotional and combative.

The main officer handled it all very well, but Gabby needed more that day. It probably would not have changed anything that happened weeks later, but in hindsight she was in more trouble than even she knew herself. How sad.

Last edited:
I posted this a few thread pages back but following up as things have been moving fast.

Do we know for sure that BL is without funds? It seems that conclusion was reached after the dash cam footage was released but no where in that footage did he mention not having money for a hotel. LE did, as if to assume they didn't have money based on their appearances.

Unless I am wrong, there is no proof that they didn't have money. He just never confirmed or denied with LE when asked.

If there is a source on their either way, please link. :)

Ford Mustang towed away during FBI, police search of Brian Laundrie’s family home

Around 2:30 p.m., a tow truck was seen arriving at the Laundrie home, towing away a Ford Mustang from the location.

Hours after the search began the family’s North Port home, an attorney for the Laundries announced a news conferenced scheduled to take place at 1 p.m. on Tuesday in New York.

The FBI concluded their search at the Laundrie home just after 6 p.m. No further details were released.

Can you link to this. I have seen it passed around as an excuse for his pretty obvious lie, but nothing confirmed as far as I know. Not that I trust BL's word, but is it mentioned anywhere by Gabby or Brian?
Sorry, no link. That’s why I said IIRC (If I Recall Correctly) because I was going from memory early on in the case.

So Gabbie would get charged with all that for potentially causing it with her self admitted physicals contact while he was driving?

This is similar to the hindsight recommendation that she or both get arrested for DV
Mmm, no...he was the driver.

I have two sons..one with a temper..does not like a "loud-mouthed, mouthy woman who smacks him, hits him". But his temper thank GOD does not get out of control..he has been told..yeah, we know, women can push buttons and they do they on purpose. But you walk away, and you don't go back and let her know why. You'll find someone you're compatible with. But don't ever, ever, lay a hand cuz she won't have to call LE, we will. And maybe an ambulance cuz I hit you upside the head with something. I know women can be the abuser. But so often it is the male and they are stronger and bigger and I slap from a woman might leave a red mark or fingernail marks (sometimes that's women have for defence) but a "slap" from a stronger male (or a parent to a child) is so much more stronger, violent. moo Still not my post, but I'll go with this one. m00

It’s normal for boys not to like that type of woman. But usually it just means they keep their distance rather than form a live-in arrangement with one, and then goad them until they get upset. Two completely different scenarios. And I agree with you…I have four boys, and I have taught them NOT to let some woman manipulate them and use them, but on the other hand, they know I’ll be the first to give them up to the cops if they start pulling bad crap.

This is a big deal to me. He VERY clearly said she had her phone, keys, and then corrected it and said he had the keys because he didn't have a phone and if she left him he'd be stuck (paraphrasing). He does have a phone, though, so why lie about something small like that?
His phone could’ve been dead at the time.

Try pasting it into PowerPoint, crop if possible, and then shrink it way down. I've gotten things that would load to load that way. There's probably a better way to do it, too.

I’ve just uploaded the two screenshots to the FBI’s digital locker. Maybe it’s a blip or maybe it’s something, it’s totally changed my mind a bit on the fact he may still be out and about…

He gave information. There is a good 20 seconds of the call that is edited when he is giving his personal info.
Did he give a statement to the investigating officers? That's an important factor for how the officers handled the situation IMO. If they were only going by the dispatch description and not a witness statement they would not take it into consideration.

The person taking the 911 call could have gotten things wrong. No way the officers could make an arrest based on the comments made by dispatch. JMO

That last would take you to Interstate 80. It would be the quickest way to get to a high-speed Interstate highway. Going through Riverton to Rawlins also takes you to I-80. From there, you'd have a bunch of choices to head southward.

I keep wondering whether he left the van for, ahem, somebody else to pick up and headed north to the airport in Bozeman and a flight to most anywhere.

Hm, now that I think about it, he wouldn't have to go as far as Bozeman. At this time of year, West Yellowstone airport has direct service to both SLC and Denver, possibly other places as well.
It would be an easy drive to Cody, around 4 hours. Jackson airport itself also has flights to/from Denver. Source: I saw the gate at Denver in the first week of September.

Gabby Petito investigation: North Port police search warrant provides new details | WFLA

Petito’s cellphone was turned off for about 15 days, and was last on around Aug. 31 or Sept. 1. Petito had not been seen since Aug. 27.
Really dumb
Gabby Petito investigation: North Port police search warrant provides new details | WFLA

Petito’s cellphone was turned off for about 15 days, and was last on around Aug. 31 or Sept. 1. Petito had not been seen since Aug. 27.
how did they know this?? Really dumb question

Yea, i never understood this. Why did she not get the hotel? Cause it was her van in her name?

She would have gotten the hotel if they had money for it and they charged her. But since she was the "abuser" in this case, he got the motel as the abused. It was paid for by a victims support group that has a shelter for women and supply hotels for "battered" husbands. It was a compromise that got them separated for the night and her not charged with domestic violence. Although, IMO she probably slept in the hotel with him that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288