Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19

Last edited by a moderator:
A Body has been found in the area of the search for Gabby.

Mod Note:

Please Read and Acknowledge

Where we are at this time:
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-Gabby is still missing and considered the victim in this case
-Authorities have the van
-LE was at the Laundrie home last night
to talk with family - Protestors were at scene
-FOX 13 has reached out to authorities and police confirmed that they have been in contact with the TikTok user, Miranda Baker. They say her story is "possibly credible."
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents shared with LE they have not seen BL since Tuesday
-Video of couple dash cam is approved

———————————————

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-DO NOT BRING IN COVID / COVID SHOTS
-DO NOT BRING IN MENTAL HEALTH

-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread. If you have question please PM a member of the Mod Team. We are here to help you!

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

———————

Compliments of @oviedo
LAST UPDATED 10:30 AM EST SEPT. 19

Snipping the timeline and working on it - specifically the cars in the driveway during Sept12-17

AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it

AUG 27
- Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27-a Van is seen in the side of the road and youtubers post it - MSM picks up the story - could be Gabbys
In the video the lady says it was recorded Aug 27, 2021 at between 6:00 to 6:30 PM
AUG 27 & 30
: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.
AUG 29- BL is picked up at 5:30pm while
hiking alone in Grand Teton (tiktok reported in MSM)
B alleged that Laundrie had confessed to camping at an unregulated site in the National Park "in the middle of nowhere along Snake River."

AUG 29 Elk hunters spot van

AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite
August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify
SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone, (retains an attorney we don’t know when) & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service.

Sept 10- Gabbys Dad contacts LE?

SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI

Sept12-15- working on which cars were in the driveway- camper, mustang, red vehicle

Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Note: a vehicle left driveway at 6:04pm

Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest

Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement

Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)

Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home
Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday
Parents admit driving the mustang back after finding it at the preserve
Sept18- searches for Gabby and BL
Sept 19- BL search planned
—-
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Elk hunters sighting
Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida
Reporter Brian Entin video he posted on Tuesday 9/14 at 6:04 pm and he said the parents had left an hour previously.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437930287170822152?s=21

Then video of them returning in a red truck.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437932624534769668?s=21

——-
  • this reporter says that Brian’s family called police this morning and says he was last seen at the reserve by them and they came here on Tuesday and saw his mustang and drove it hom
Updated with new YouTube video

Gratitude:

Gratitude to each of you, to the public, to people that went through videos from travel to help in the search for Gabby. The care and compassion of WS Members in seeking justice for victims is why I am here with you. You played a role in helping Gabby’s parents get this far. You sent prayers, you kept the story alive, and you did it with class. YOU HAD A POSITIVE IMPACT.

Now - let’s find BL…

Peace to Gabby’s Family and Peace to Each of You.

{{Heart}},
Tiff

Mod Note:
If someone uses the wrong letter in initials please just report the post for correction. It makes it more challenging when we have 20 replies “who is XX”?

Sorry to seem like I am nit picking but these little things can help clear clutter and enhance your experience navigating a fast thread such as this.

Mod Note:

We are starting to loose focus that this thread is about Gabby and the current search for Brian.

Mental Health: Only bring it into the discussion if it is a statement in media or LE reports. Do not expand beyond what has been provided to us regarding Gabby and/or Brian and mental Health.

Domestic Violence: Many posters here have stories. In our own personal ways, we all have stories. The challenge we have in these threads is the separation of our personal stories and the focus of the thread.

This thread is about Gabby's story.

As mods, we have hearts, we care about each of you, and it is hard to delete a post on thread that may include your personal story. However, we have to remind ourselves this is about Gabby's story. Please keep her the focus of the thread.

Last edited:
There were several reports earlier of a BL sighting in AL. I don't know if they were ever verified.

Actually, going towards Alabama, Louisiana and the Texas coastal area would make sense for him. The only real way for him to stay on the lam is to find a job that pays in cash. After the last month of hurricanes in that area there are plenty of people that are looking for help to dig out their flooded homes. IMO, many would shell out cash for a young man willing to help with the heavy work.

JMO

Well crap. That makes all kinds of sense and I guess I’ll be eyeing all my workers tomorrow! :eek:

The Gabby Petito hashtag has been viewed hundreds of millions of times. And as this board alone demonstrates quite well, very few people are anything other than totally convinced of BL's guilt. Dude is screwed no matter what happens.

No one cares about this, of course, because the rights of defendants are near the bottom of things we worry about (which is kinda weird, since it was near the top of the list of things the founders of the country were concerned about. But times have changed). I have to laugh at that quote from the agents saying something like "we're not going to make you into a spectacle, Brian," or something to that effect, when they were trying to convince him to turn himself in (no idea how to find that now, with the volumes and volumes of posts/material that's been written about this case just in the last day or two). That's exactly what's gonna happen. Judging from the public sentiment, he might as well put on a bright red dunce cap and wear a sign around his neck saying, "I'M GUILTY!"
Respectfully, this seems like reductive thinking. I have read a lot of people here speculate about the actions they’ve observed (2 people on a trip and only 1 returns, not contacting his fiancee’s parents when they were concerned about her safety, the body cam video, etc). What people comment about on a thread and how they would react as members of a sworn jury are not the same, IMO. I observed the actions I mentioned and I believe they are abnormal. I do not, however, have any personal knowledge of BL’s actions or anything that may be located on a hard drive, cell phone, gps or anything else. There could be overwhelming evidence. There could be no evidence. We don’t know. Potential jurors also don’t know. Let’s let it unfold and trust in the process. I do believe there are 12 impartial people wherever this case may be located. Look at the online community vs the verdict in the Casey Anthony trial. We just don’t know what will happen. JMO.

It was unbelievably sexist IMO and identifying with BL's POV rather than Gabby's, which made the whole conversation incredibly inappropriate. The cop actually said he only took his wife along with him in cramped quarters of a truck when he was a truck driver so she could get him food. He said that was the ONLY good thing about having her along. It was an appalling thing to say to a man who had just been beating his girlfriend up on a public sidewalk. Unbelievable to me that cops talk that way to suspects. But of course, BL was not a suspect at that point because the cops BRO'd him, ignoring the 911 caller who said they saw him hitting her.
I read one commentator that said the LE was using a good tactic by BROing him--If he had been very authoritarian, BL might have been more careful in what he said, more defensive. The BRO tactic might have been to get more information from him. I don't know if I buy that, but it's another explanation.

This is weird. I do see

If you look at the website, they have shelter rooms for women. They have agreements with hotels for some rooms for men. All this is based on having room available - they probably get unused rooms from hotels at a discount. It is basically a shelter for women and children at the facility - no men allowed. I can't see GP taking them up on a room in a facility if she had a choice.
If the choice was between staying alone in a van in the middle of nowhere or staying in a hotel room, I think GP would have made a rather easy choice of the hotel. Unfortunately, she wasn't given that choice but the officer did make it clear she should be grateful he wasn't throwing her in jail.

JMO

Gabby sensed she was in danger. When the van was being followed, Gabby struck Brian's arm (or the steering wheel). She must have known that causing Brian to swerve would get them pulled over by the officer who was following them. Unfortunately, and understandably, the officers did not pick up on that.

They were called about him slapping her, and somehow ended up calling her the "primary aggressor" and saying it was a "mental health crisis" and bro-ing out with Brian at least three times about "my wife's like that too" rather than properly assessing why Gabby was emotional and combative.

The main officer handled it all very well, but poor Gabby needed more that day. It probably would not have changed anything that happened weeks later, but in hindsight she was in more trouble than even she knew herself.
Let's see. I'm 22. I'm trying to start a little business that requires internet periodically. I work for 5-6 hours and as a reward I get my "fiance" telling me I'll never be able to do it. The bitter discussion works its way out to the street, and my fiance slaps me around, hits me, and runs me down the street, causing a complete stranger passerby to call the cops at the violence perpetrated on me. We finally get to my van, and he tries to carjack my van, closing the door so I have to "claw" my way in to stop the carjacking.

My fiance has 4 main ways to establish dominance over me 1) belittling my work (when he has none of his own), 2) driving erratically and dangerously to frighten me 3) hitting and slapping me in full view of everyone on the street 4) taking off in my own car to cause me to be abandoned, taking my "house", my things and leaving me embarrassed in the street as his victim of violence. This time I finally get into my van over his objections, scratching him with my rings and cell phone as I try to stop the carjacking and loss of my house and belongings. Then he speeds at 3X the limit, and refuses to stop for cops (a felony in Utah) right behind with their lights on.

I know by now that I will pay if I say something against his actions. Both before and what will come later. I am weeping, I can't stop, at the shame of the public violence inflicted on me, and the dangerous car driving by my fiance, and knowing I will pay dearly in a couple of hours.

And, the cops sit me in their automobile while they discuss with my fiance, who calls me crazy, that they are bound by law to arrest and fingerprint me. Oh to be 22 again and sorting through these creeps, trying to find a loving life partner.

Addendum. 2 weeks later I'm dead, more on that later.

IMO

Last edited:
What do you mean by "culture"? There seems to be several gaps in this case between what BL says his convictions are and reality. Viz: the bare feet and no plastic bottle "here today, gone tomorrow" positions.

I suspect there are big differences between his convictions and reality. For one thing, he is probably against violence . . .

If he were on the West Coast, we'd see him as a Santa Cruz type: hacky-sack (not observed), health foods (observed), concern for the planet (observed). Few of those people have guns.

And if the reported sighting in Bullwinkle's checks out, he actually argued against handguns.

Absolute, confirmed? Probably that bodycam footage. Everything since has either not been corroborated by LE (yet) or is red herrings planted by his parents.

So even the nature reserve story is highly in question because of the shady parent stories. That’s what I was afraid of, thanks.

Other than the tag being caught weeks ago if we assumed that was him (?), we don’t even know 100% if he was in Florida or stayed there at all?

Yikes. His parents are almost out-Wattsing the Watts.

YES. Squeezing a person's face is far more domineering, controlling, invasive, and threatening than slapping, and it is also exactly the kind of move that might get you scratches on your hands when the person whose face you're squeezing is trying to get you to let go).

Yes, exactly. I’m still trying to figure out how a phone can cause a slim bloody gash... I could understand bruise or red spot but what?

It was unbelievably sexist IMO and identifying with BL's POV rather than Gabby's, which made the whole conversation incredibly inappropriate. The cop actually said he only took his wife along with him in cramped quarters of a truck when he was a truck driver so she could get him food. He said that was the ONLY good thing about having her along. It was an appalling thing to say to a man who had just been beating his girlfriend up on a public sidewalk. Unbelievable to me that cops talk that way to suspects. But of course, BL was not a suspect at that point because the cops BRO'd him, ignoring the 911 caller who said they saw him hitting her.

we should check on the LE ....bets he is in the dog house... I BET he never thought she would hear this...
I wished I haven't

Yeah, google says its 17 miles by road from the van to Culter Bay. That's not even a 8 hour road walk. Its even shorter cross country.
Although now I'm not as certain about this since the Mother has indicated she doesn't believe it. She's talking to LE and knows much more than us so although I found Miranda convincing I'll now reserve judgment and not consider that as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288