Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along the same lines, one thing I am having a hard time understanding is that if he killed Gabby, why would he proceed to get in her van and drive it across the country back home? ETA: We learned today the van's license plate was read coming back into the area at approx 10:30 am Sep. 1, but it has not been confirmed that it was BL who was the driver
I picture the moment he realizes fully what he's done. He's out in a remote area, far away from home and without much money. What to do? Maybe panic.

What other choice did he really have besides get back in that van. The thing is, nobody was looking for him or the van at that point. He had some time, but where was he supposed to go? He's making decisions with a 23 year old mindset, likely scared sh*!less.

It’s lawyer speak so he can maintain plausible deniability.
I’m not a lawyer but I thought their plausible deniability was covered under attorney-client privilege? You may know more than me on that - not a lawyer over here haha. Anyways…that statement just flew all over me. Lol. It was like if we tell you where he is, that doesn’t mean we, in fact, know where he is.

It’s lawyer speak so he can maintain plausible deniability.
The Plausible deniability comes from using a NY lawyer to talk on your behalf (the parents ) when you live in FL. The only reason you'd be doing that is for obfuscation. How long had Laurie's parents been out of NY ?

The NY lawyer can spout any BS and then say he was "misinformed " or he got a phone message and the line was a bit garbled. If he is in FL he does not have that sort of excuse to get out.

FL and NYC are of course on the same time zone.

KG.

This is a good point - and on a larger point:

did neither of them have friends? We have heard about her texts to her mom, but...as a parent of two children just a couple years younger than these y'dtwo, my observation is that it is rare that two people this age would not have friends who are in touch very regularly, who might have them on friendfinder/whatever app shows where all your friends are, etc.

If they've been completely wrapped up in each other for the last couple of years, and it was a toxic relationship, then okay, maybe. But it seems odd that no (or maybe 1) friend has come forward with any observation, comment, or information about their relationship or when they last heard/stopped hearing from them.

Since they had both moved away from their home town it's possible that they'd drifted apart from their childhood friends. They were in that awkward time of life where they didn't have the old, usual ways of making friends (school, organized activities) and they also didn't seem to have employment that put them in contact with a lot of people. I think that's why Gabby made that one friend on the app (Bumble BFF).

But it's also possible that she did have some childhood friends and that her family managed to get word out to them through the grapevine to please keep details private so as to not interfere with the investigation. I agree that it's odd that we haven't seen any "I know Brian wouldn't do anything like that!"-type interviews by now.

Cryptic last texts sent from Gabby Petito's phone to her mom, as cops search her hard drive | Daily Mail Online

Forensic experts have been poring over Gabby Petito’s computer hard drive for crucial clues after police in North Port, Florida, got a court warrant to search the device.

Gabby’s computer was with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie when he returned to Florida without Petito on September 1.

Gabby’s computer was in her white Ford Transit van that was taken away by police very late September 11

The document says the hard drive is a black Western Digital and is in the property/evidence vault and North Port Police Department.

35 hours drive, non stop. ~2400 miles. need to get gas about 6 times. i figure, 37-38 hours straight thru no sleep.

He would have had to leave no later than Aug. 30th at 9:30pm EDT or 7:30pm MDT.

Aug 30th 9:30pm EDT - Sept. 1st 10:30am EDT is about 37 hours.

Someone verify my math :)

I posted this a few days ago, but I have driven 2750 miles 4x in under 48 hours and 2x in 41-43 hr (total trip time average of 64-67 mph). And I napped twice in each of those trips. For his distance, this speed range would be a 36-37 hour trip. If essential, one of the naps could have been dropped making it as brief as 34-35 hr hours.

The Plausible deniability comes from using a NY lawyer to talk on your behalf (the parents ) when you live in FL. The only reason you'd be doing that is for obfuscation. How long had Laurie's parents been out of NY ?

The NY lawyer can spout any BS and then say he was "misinformed " or he got a phone message and the line was a bit garbled. If he is in FL he does not have that sort of excuse to get out.

FL and NYC are of course on the same time zone.

KG.

NYer here with ties to SW FL and this is 100% accurate. a Long Island lawyer is also a special breed of BSer.

I agree and/or he just wasn't gonna turn away a free night in a hotel so he didn't answer one way or the other. I am less than convinced that he is as broke as people seem to think.

They hadn't offered him the free night yet. He didn't know it was an option. I think he is just a narcissist

Then you can call it rage. Post people say crime of passion because that is how it's described legally.

In criminal law, a crime of passion is a crime committed in the "heat of passion" in response to provocation, as opposed to one that was premeditated or deliberated. Provocation serves as a partial defense to manslaughter because while it does not completely excuse the defendant of the killing, it can downgrade the degree of the crime, and therefore the associated punishment.

Passion doesn't always mean love and desire.

passion
păsh′ən
noun
  1. Strong or powerful emotion.
  2. A powerful emotion, such as anger or joy.
  3. A state of strong sexual desire or love.
You do not have to show meaning of passion. I know what it means. It is a defense strategy, not a crime. It is kind of like the 'she made me do it' defense and as you have said it tries to downgrade the degree of the crime.

I agree BL could have driven into Florida been a few blocks away called dad which could have rented a car switched, Brian took rental Dad drove the van home. I find it odd parents said he was there but never let LE talk to him just handed LE the lawyers phone number. No one has seen Brian since returned. I think Brians hike at the park was a ruse.

Except, didn't tracking dogs pick up his scent at the park? Or was that misinformation?

A few things are sticking out like a red thumb to me… anyone else see this? FACTS ONLY HERE.. I’m not attaching opinions to guilt or innocence, just trying to see the facts out….

- LE refers to BL as POI not a suspect even after Gabby is found

- Media and LE have NOT referred to this as a murder investigation… yet. Strange to anyone else???

- DV incident on 8/12, LE gave her the van so she could free herself from the relationship at that time and drive away a single woman, as BL was safely in a hotel room with access to get back home to FL from there. Arguing over the rest is a mute point…

- Attorney is giving news conference in NY, not FL… why? Is BL in NY with his attorney possibly?

thoughts??

examples:

I have strong emotions about my favorite band. They call me passionate. I call it fangirling.

I have strong emotions about certain presidential candidates. Some call it passionate about politics. I call it civic duty.

Yes. Not everything has it roots in something patriarchal, misogynistic or whatever. Some terms simple use words in a way many don’t anymore.

It’s more to do with vocabulary than misogyny!

Using the word "passion" has overtones of a sexual, romantic nature, even if that's not what the speaker officially means. And historically we have been more lenient with this because, well, "that's just how things are between men and women. Can't really blame them."
It's a word that means "Strong and barely controllable emotion." People tend to relate it to be a word with sexual and romantic overtones. I believe the word in the phrase is being used correctly.

They stated that had no money for a hotel when they were pulled over by LE in Utah, so where did the money for the 6 days hotel in Salt Lake City come from a few days later?

Did they have some money, but lied to LE about it?

Did one of Gabby's parents wire her some money? If so, I wonder what she told them.....that could've been an interesting conversation.
Could they maybe have meant they didn't have extra money for a hotel. Their money was probably budgeted.

There is no reason to believe he would have a passport with him on that trip in any case. So international fights are irrelevant .

However there are flights out of there to Tx . His father or mother could easily drive over to Tx and hand over cash and his passport (if he has one) and Brian boy is on his way. That would assume that someone else would drive the van back to FL. I'd be a lot happier cooling my heels in Tx for 3-4 hrs than just over the state border from WY when someone runs across a woman's body near a camping ground.
For everyone talking about flights - unless he went under a fake name/ID, you do realize that pulling up the flight lists, both domestic and international, is quite simple and easy for the FBI to do. At this point if he had flown somewhere (unless under assumed name), they would know where he went.

Just catching up , once again, thanks to all posters for updates . I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member