Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you watch it from the beginning because she was taken away from earshot of BL, allowed to sit safely in the police vehicle and encouraged to tell the LEO exactly what was going on.

From watching that bodycam footage it shows she was given the opportunity to speak to the LEO and tell exactly what had been happening.

Yes I watched it all, over and over its a great teaching tool for many. Although they were separated, the abuser was still around at one point they even sat BL on a curb, Gabby could still see him from the vehicle she was placed in. Victims will do everything possible to be cautious of their actions around the abuser. BL's first question was "so did you talk to Gabby" fishing for anything she may have told them. They even had a female Officer talk to Gabby, although it may have looked like a safe spot to the regular citizen, it was not for a victim of domestic abuse.

Because BL had the physical scratches on his face, he was sent to the "Safe Hotel" for the evening - listen to the words of the 911 caller and look at the police interaction with BL smiling and laughing. If Brian slapped Gabby in public on a Main Street imagine what he was capable of doing when no one was looking. How safe do you think Gabby felt at that moment? Teaching Moments for all!

Last edited:
IMO I think they were going to plead with Brian to come home. All signs pointed to it, I think, and his lawyer’s response to the media this evening could indicate it as well.

Maybe they cancelled it because he made contact with someone.
I think after the FBI search warrant experience today, the Laundrie’s finally broke down and hired a Florida criminal lawyer, making this attorney’s presser moot. MOO

Yeah, this points to him having control of the phone. However, he could just as easily say "I had her phone and she asked me to text about her Grandpa....I had a brain fart and forgot I was supposed to be using her voice....blah blah blah..." I mean, easily explained away (not that I believe it, but he could say it for sure.)
He was texting while pretending to be Gabby to her mother using her phone! No way to explain that. If he had the phone, where was she?

If he can explain it all away, why is he hiding right now? Why not explain and come clean if it's all so innocent. And why was Gabby buried near the van's parking place? If he could explain that he wouldn't need to run away. He is displaying consciousness of guilt right now.

At this point we are way beyond the simple explanation stage. That may have worked without a crime scene or a body, but not anymore.

IMO he came back, van and all, because he needed his Mom. He figured she'd protect him. Voilà, she evidently is doing just that. They even concealed the white van in the garage; no one need have been any the wiser.
They did not conceal the white van in the garage. That garage couldn't fit as much as a wheelbarrow, it is jam packed. Photos here earlier this evening from European Herald tribune link that somebody kindly supplied.

I think the garage showing the vehicle is a LE garage.

The hotel room are because the shelter does not have space for men. GP would have been at the shelter with other women and children. They only have facility for women and children.

Maybe if they would have sent her to the shelter, she'd be alive today. Maybe just maybe someone there would have talked to her and let her know that she WAS the victim of DV. If only we could go back in time.

I think it was more to get at the Laundries and Brian. Understand that he's just lost his daughter <modsnip>. What Gabby's Dad is essentially pointing out is that this family hasn't been "man enough" to own what happened.
Wasn't the interview before she was found? I'm not sure, but he doesn't seem particularly devastated in the interview. I think he was calling him Brianne since the beginning of their relationship as a joke, but also to let him know he has a thumb on him. Ultimately though...ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
If her dead body was in the van at all, I'd be shocked.

I expect that in police custody, the van has already been gone over by cadaver dogs who found nothing, but I don't think the North Park Police have actually covered themselves in glory in this instance.

So I wouldn't be shocked to find out they didn't.

My guess re the cancellation of the atty's presser: his practice is being negatively impacted, maybe ruined, by people leaving him 1-star reviews.
if there's one thing an attorney loves more than money.... its free face time. he only called it off cause the FBI made it clear they had some info that probably would have made his clients "we are so sorry and know nothing" pleas look realt bad. Basicallt the BS that was gonna be sold at the press conference was shut down by the FBI and whatever they decided to share with him....

I point out it's interesting you say that, considering the amount of people who seem (I am presuming) up-in-arms that the Moab police even considered leaving Gabby alone in the van due to danger.

I mean, we still have people, yea verily, even single women, who pull to the side of an authorized road, park, etc.; and catch a few z's.

Some women indeed still road-trip on their own.

And, last but not least, it wasn't until very recently when we started worrying about the environment vs. wholehearted "car culture", that Americans started moving away from seeing their cars as their sanctuary/equivalent to freedom.

For all we OR the Moab police knew, AFAIK, Gabby was perfectly comfortable sleeping alone in her van/choosing it instead of a hotel room; thus I don't necessarily think they did anything wrong by giving Brian the hotel room and ceding her the van instead.
I completely agree with your statement that women are capable of taking care of themselves. I certainly am. But when you read his police report, he states he left an out of control, hysterical woman alone to fend for herself. (She WASN'T out of control and hysterical, but according to his police report, she was). That needs review by the Police Department.

He was texting while pretending to be Gabby to her mother using her phone! No way to explain that. If he had the phone, where was she?

If he can explain it all away, why is he hiding right now? Why not explain and come clean if it's all so innocent. And why was Gabby buried near the van's parking place? If he could explain that he wouldn't need to run away. He is displaying consciousness of guilt right now.

At this point we are way beyond the simple explanation stage. That may have worked without a crime scene or a body, but not anymore.

Oh trust me, I think he's guilty as sin and was just playing devil's advocate. There are many excuses he could give for why he had her phone while she was sitting right beside him. "She was husking corn and her hands were dirty" is just one thing that popped into my head lol. I mean, millions of possibilities and excuses he could come up with for why she could say, "hey can you respond to that message for me since my hands are busy...."

Gabby Petito: Police declare 'crime scene' as FBI enters Brian Laundrie's Florida home: LIVE UPDATES

Autopsy Information:

The Teton County Coroner’s Office tells Fox News' Jeremy Copas that the autopsy on the body found Sunday that is believed to be Gabby Petito will be conducted tomorrow, September 21.

The office is bringing in a forensic pathologist from Sheridan, Wyoming, about 360 miles east.

Once the autopsy begins it should take one to two hours, but microscopic inspection can push this for several hours.

This case is unfathomable to me. The ferociousness with which I am following it is surprising to me and reminds me uniquely of those crazy first few weeks of the Jennifer Dulos case.

I think it’s going to take a completely crazy turn at some point soon.

I hope BL doesn’t do what Fotis did…I want to see him face the music, whatever that is.

They did not search the preserve today. I'm sure technically they are "looking" for him just not in any specific place, more of a BOLO.
MY PERSONAL OPINION?
NPPD Didn't think he was there but they all had a lot of fun playing with all their toys in the swamp for the weekend. They called it off before it was actually dark on Saturday, saying it was too dark. No thermal scans at night. They barely showed up by 10 on Sunday and were done by 4. And today, Myakkahatchee Creek Park and Carlton Reserve are wide open to the public again.
yes the search did seem a little odd. I bet it was an attempt to play into BL's parents.... all while the search warrant was being drawn up for today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth