Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am way behind on some of the information on here tonight -- has it been confirmed BL came back to FL without GP at some point during the trip and then returned to join GP?? If so, wouldn't LE check flight manifest, credit cards?
And if someone flew to join BL to drive van back to FL -- same thing check flight manifest and credit cards. If the latter was the case, then BL could be anywhere along the trip back to FL.
On 75 in FL just license plates are photographed not driver of car and there are Easy Pass, Sun Pass etc - other names in other states all over that LE could check time stamps if these were used. Wonder if GP or BL had a'pass' attached to any credit card

Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito's fiancé, has been missing for a week. Here's why it's been so hard to find him - CNN

Brian Laundrie, the fiancé of Gabby Petito, has been missing for almost a week.

Here's why the search for Laundrie has been so difficult for authorities:

Laundrie had a multiple-day head start

Laundrie's family told police Friday night they have not seen the 23-year-old since Tuesday.

Cheryl Dorsey, a retired Los Angeles police sergeant, told CNN's Jake Tapper on Monday she was curious why Laundrie's parents did not alert authorities about his leaving Tuesday.

"I get that he's a grown man," Dorsey said, adding that he's still just in his early 20s. "What influence, if any, do (his parents) have over him? He decides to go backpacking and they couldn't stop him?"

Police no longer think Laundrie is in nature reserve

North Port police said Monday they shifted the focus of their search for Laundrie and are no longer looking for him in the nature reserve.

What makes finding Laundrie difficult, though, is the distance he could have already traveled before authorities started looking for him.

Laundrie has not been charged with a crime

Laundrie has not cooperated with police in their search for Petito, and because he has not been charged with a crime or been named a suspect, police are unable to do any more than file a search warrant.

The FBI executed a search warrant Monday on Laundrie's parents' home, where he lived with Petito.

When the 911 call was made is not the point. It's the whole series of her actions that are not consistent with the 'scared victim' scenario.
What, please, are behaviors "consistent with the 'scared victim' scenario"? Because my own experience and observation, and those of experts I've seen opine on the interaction, says quite the opposite.

I think you're giving him too much credit for smarts. (I see no evidence of that... ) Is your point that he was trying to get caught/make it obvious that he was the perp?
My thinking was more along the lines of her death being an accident and maybe he believed once she was found the autopsy would say as much? There are far too many oddities with this case for me to be 100% sure of any scenario right now. So as far as I’m concerned anything is possible until we know for sure. If we ever know for sure. /JMO

Last edited:
This is a great point.

Average price of gas in the US is $ 3.23 per gallon.
https://www.wkbw.com/news/gas-price...ear-high-averaging-3-23-per-gallon-in-buffalo

Ford Transit 2012 had a 15.4 gallon tank. It averaged 23 mpg.
Used 2012 Ford Transit Connect Specs & Features | Edmunds

The drive from Jackson Hole to North Point FL is approx 2387 miles.
Google Maps

Doing the math the gas cost for that trip back to FL was approx. $500. (2387/23) x current price of gas $3,23.

Who provided the $500 in gas money? Hopefully someone used a credit or debit card......

JMO

More fuel stops = more security camera chances too. Gabby showed a lot of fresh veggies and fruit on her video, which I'd guess means frequent food/grocery stops. I know they sell a lot of pre-washed/packaged trays like that in convenience stores now, but they didn't seem like the types to buy it and it's way more expensive. I'm hoping they have a lot of security camera footage. How many grocery stores are out in a place like that though?

Maybe. But it’s a pretty remarkable slip.
Even if she had her grandpa in her phone by his first name he knew well enough to text her mother about him. IMO it seems to fit in with all the other oddly obvious things he’s done…

- he came home in HER van without her (ballsy)
- he fails to impersonate her via phone properly to her own mother
- if he made the last IG post on her account it wasn’t in her styling
- he sent a text to her mom about a location they were never going to (Yosemite)
- he comes home and is silent
- he didn’t try very hard to hide the body…
- he turns off her phone the day he gets back

Could be an amateur murderer, sure. But it could also be someone who wanted her to be found.

/JMO
I think it was a sloppy mistake on BL's part and that's why her mom was on high alert. Grandpa Stan may have been calling and texting Gabby at mom's request because she couldn't get ahold of Gabby. Caller ID would show his name and phone # so that's what BL used when he contacted Gabby's mom. In his haste, I doubt he realized "Stan Doe" was Grandpa.

And Brian leaves her there? And flees to Florida? And then disappears? Because a stranger killed his girlfriend?
Yep. A little more than that, but it is a possibility. I wanted to hang him too at first, but until the forensics come back its better to wait to judge, and examine all options. What if there is someone else out there?

Newly surfaced docs reveal why Gabby Petito’s mother feared the worst

Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls,” the text message read, according to the application, which obtained permission to search an external hard drive found in the van.

This was the last communication anyone had with (Petito),” the affidavit went on. “Her cellphone was no longer operational, and she stopped posting anything on social media about their trip. Per her family, this was not normal behavior for (Petito), and they became more worried about her.”

The affidavit, which resulted in a judge signing a search warrant last week, did not mention an Aug. 30 text that Schmidt said she received from her daughter’s phone.

“No service in Yosemite,” the message read – but Schmidt had previously told The Post she didn’t believe her daughter sent the text because the van was back in North Port, Fla. by Sept. 1.

This is a great point.

Average price of gas in the US is $ 3.23 per gallon.
https://www.wkbw.com/news/gas-price...ear-high-averaging-3-23-per-gallon-in-buffalo

Ford Transit 2012 had a 15.4 gallon tank. It averaged 23 mpg.
Used 2012 Ford Transit Connect Specs & Features | Edmunds

The drive from Jackson Hole to North Point FL is approx 2387 miles.
Google Maps

Doing the math the gas cost for that trip back to FL was approx. $500. (2387/23) x current price of gas $3,23.

Who provided the $500 in gas money? Hopefully someone used a credit or debit card......

JMO

Most of the Vanlife couples I follow saved up money before they started their trip. And then took it out as needed. I can't imagine not using credit/debit cards. maybe they have a shared account and each has a card. LE knows.

Antagonistic = BL's physical assault on Gabby which was so extreme that a total stranger stopped to call police 911 on BL.
This is not how it was reported - "extreme" by anyone. If fact, "Christopher", an onsite witness (I do not believe the 911 caller) who was interviewed by the police and statement written into the Police report described the dispute/disturbance which conicided with how Brian and Gabby described the incident when seperated during the police bodycam footage.

I think it was a sloppy mistake on BL's part and that's why her mom was on high alert. Grandpa Stan may have been calling and texting Gabby at mom's request because she couldn't get ahold of Gabby. Caller ID would show his name and phone # so that's what BL used when he contacted Gabby's mom. In his haste, I doubt he realized "Stan Doe" was Grandpa.
He texted Gabby’s mom to reach out to Stan.
Stan is Gabby’s mom’s father.

He had to know it was her grandfather to have texted her mom about it. / JMO

Well those rocks in the shape of a cross belong to Gabby for now. When the creek swells the rocks will be covered with water or be moved along by nature. No permanent scarring of the area is done. BTW, people urinate and defecate in the wildness all the time and have for 1000’s of years. It’s still a beautiful natural environment.

Its the dang garbage they leave behind that ruins it, not cairns and rock crosses.

That's why BL called him "Stan", not "Grampa", "Pappa", or "Old Man". BL knew the man, and referred to him as such. Not how Stan's granddaughter would've. To my kids, and their cousins, my father is Gramps. To their SO's? Neil.

Maybe in your family. In mine, everyone called my grandparents “grandpa and grandma”. My boyfriends and friends alike. Every family is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater