Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Barry's first night out of jail was like?

I imagine he and his supporters sitting around a table, eating steak from a single plate (slathered in grilled peanut butter), as he regales them of his jail exploits, and being an all around tough guy.

I imagine he'll go on and on about how his faith kept him going, and then cleanly segue into discussing his daughter's virginity, as one does at the dinner table.

Seriously though, I hope he enjoys it. There's only so many of these days left.
0E8CBF9D-03E1-43C6-A9AD-1088868AB061.jpeg

I know we kid around a little about the chipmunks sometimes, but hearing Barry's own words about them is quite sobering, IMO. Listen to this exchange:

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf

Page 71
SA Grusing told Barry that when he arrived that afternoon, his phone went around the house, "Quite a bit".
Barry was nodding his head and saying "Mhhmhh, mhhmhh." SA Grusing asked, "Were you looking for her?"

Barry said, "I shoo--, I shoot chipmunks."

SA Gruing asked, "You shoot chipmunks?" Barry said, "Yeah."

SA Grusing said it looks like he was chasing one.

Barry said, "Yeah, I was, I've shot 85 chipmunks because they got into my furnace and cost me a bunch of money. So, when I'm home..."

SA Grising interrupted and asked if he used a .22, and Barry replied, "Twenty-two. So, when I'm home, I just walk around and shoot 'em. Just keep going around the house." (Barry made circular motions with his right arm.) He said, "Every time I go around the house, I'll see another and I'll shoot it."

SA Grusing told Barry that activity would explain his phone's behavior, adding that he left his driver door open in the garage before he went to the first patio. Barry said, "Mhhmhh" and said,

"Yeah, shootin'," while nodding his head during the description of movement. He added, "No, I'm shootin chipmunks. I've done that ever since we've moved in."

SA Grusing asked Barry if he remembered doing it that day. He nodded his head and said, "Mhhmhh, oh yeah."

Page 72
SA Grusing asked Barry what happened next. He shook his head and said, "I don't recall."

>>>(
AA continues)

I love these SAs, though. They just let him talk.

Last edited:
Love, I did see footage of them. They held their heads high, didn't they? Is that an expression learned from their lovely mother? No matter the battle, hold your head high and fight.

The only glimmer of a smile was on the accused's face. Barry is a burden to them. Trust me.
I wanted to ask why do you think they feel Barry is a burden to them? Do you have specific information that leads you to believe that? For all I have seen as per their actions in the courtroom and now, they are supportive of him. It seems they believe him to be innocent and he can do no wrong.

For our animal lovers:

Page 125:

Barry initially blamed a mountain lion for Suzanne's death upon being notified of her bicycle recovery.
In 2021, he blamed the turkeys for why he did not have veggie soup with Suzanne during lunch on Saturday, May 9, the deer for why his tranquilizer gun was used to explain the needle sheath recovered in the dryer, and a chipmunk for why he was running around his house after arriving home at 2:44 P.M., and the firing of a gun of a .22 caliber to describe his violence towards Suzanne that afternoon and the caliber of the tranquilizer darts. For his trip on May 10, Barry explained his left turn on Hwy 50 to explain the truck movement because of a bull elk sighting at 4:30 AM from two miles down the road, a left turn that placed him at the scene of Suzanne's helmet.
That's why we've put them all in our zoo - it's for their own protection:)

I read the whole thing last night, and if we didn't already know it Barry is clearly as guilty as sin.

I am paraphrasing here as I don't have the tools to search the document, however, a couple of things stood out:

- Barry being asked what he was like at hunting deer, Barry said he never ever missed.
- Barry mentioning something happening at 2.30
- I think he knew about the affair but he doesn't know who it was (he does now!!). He was desperate to get that information.
- I was surprised by how much communication there was between Suzanne and JL. Over one four days period there were 74 calls made?! Barry is not going to like that at all.

For our animal lovers:

Page 125:

Barry initially blamed a mountain lion for Suzanne's death upon being notified of her bicycle recovery.
In 2021, he blamed the turkeys for why he did not have veggie soup with Suzanne during lunch on Saturday, May 9, the deer for why his tranquilizer gun was used to explain the needle sheath recovered in the dryer, and a chipmunk for why he was running around his house after arriving home at 2:44 P.M., and the firing of a gun of a .22 caliber to describe his violence towards Suzanne that afternoon and the caliber of the tranquilizer darts. For his trip on May 10, Barry explained his left turn on Hwy 50 to explain the truck movement because of a bull elk sighting at 4:30 AM from two miles down the road, a left turn that placed him at the scene of Suzanne's helmet.

Im surprised he didn’t blame a 3-toed sloth for the three parallel scratches on his arm. “Yeah, it scratched me while I was looking for Suzanne.” Duh

Barry is out on bail because the evidence is weak, and Eytan and Nielsen have exploited it.

Yup, this. There wasn’t enough for proof evident, presumption great and he bonded out. (Probable cause is a low bar, almost everything is bound over at a preliminary hearing.)

With this wandering AA, I’m thinking a certain person who should know better is more bluster than substance and this case is weaker than they’d care to admit.

I wanted to ask why do you think they feel Barry is a burden to them? Do you have specific information that leads you to believe that? For all I have seen as per their actions in the courtroom and now, they are supportive of him. It seems they believe him to be innocent and he can do no wrong.

Mear Speculations:

No matter what they do or where they go, they'll have the stigma of their father being accused of murdering their mother following them around like a dirty wet blanket.

The stigma will weigh on them as an albatross until they cut the cord that binds.

One knows he's crazy. The other cannot admit it to herself, yet.

jmovho
#FindSuzanne

Pardon me. I feed my sister dinner (Lewy Body Dementia) each day so I missed the big reveal. Today, I polished her nails a lighter shade of pale.

Please know your posts are valued. It'll take me a while to catch up tho.

Dear DeDee, you are such an angel to your sister. I hope you still enjoy our ever-growing zoo.

My take is he knew about the affair, but not who. He was Desperate to know the details of that.

it was a warzone in that house. Barry is a malignant narcissist and incapable of understanding why things would be “hot and cold”. Poor Suzanne. The poor younger daughter. No wonder they told Barry not to intimidate his daughters early on after his arrest.

it’s deeply disturbing to me when people speak of religion the way it is by Barry.

I wonder if the phone really is between the house and the helmet. He seemed sure they had it but maybe that was just because of their access to her iCloud. Just like is she really in the water? Why was he wet in that YT. Idea?

my biggest question still is how did the girls decide to go camping during COVID? Was it planned for that date all along? Was it rescheduled multiple times and do those times overlap with when the wall job was rescheduled?

he’s so very obviously guilty. But I do see a devoutly religious jury letting him walk. It’s very easy to paint Suzanne as the reason the relationship failed if you see divorce and adultery as unforgivable sins. The prosecution is going to have to spend a day talking about abusive relationships, drawing a line directly to Barry’s behavior, share the control wheel, etc. if you know about abusive relationships everything she did makes perfect sense.

I hope to god they find her body Soon.

The elevator doesn’t go all the way to the top…..
A few bricks short a load…..(most appropriate when considering his “work” on the wall :))
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer…..

Plus:
* a few sandwiches short of a picnic
*a few columns short of a cathedral (for the archaeologists among you)
* and for my fellow Aussies, kangaroos in his top paddock
Yep, that's our Barry :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members