Thomas-Caulder, circa 1990
  • Missing Since: 12/05/1990
  • Missing From: Charlotte, North Carolina
  • Classification: Missing
  • Sex: Female
  • Race: White
  • Date of Birth: 06/13/1960 (60)
  • Height and Weight: 5'4, 120 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Black hair, brown eyes. Thomas-Caulder has small tattoo of a rose on her left breast.
Details of Disappearance
Thomas-Caulder was last seen in Charlotte, North Carolina on December 5, 1990. That evening she called her mother and said she was walking home from a friend's house and would be home in an hour. She never arrived and has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency

• Charlotte Police Department 704-336-2337
Source Information

Wow, that’s little to no information. :(
Yes, it is very sad. Some cases have even less information out there than that.

I've seen cases (and I'm sure you have to) where all that is available is an approximate date that someone went missing...cases where authorities aren't even sure if their given name is their real name...cases where no photos of the missing person are available. It's all so sad.

Dolly is mentioned in this thread as a potential match for a Doe found in Lewisville NC in 1993.

NC - Lewisville, NativeFem, 1553UFNC, 23-25, found near bank of Yadkin River, 3 Jul 1993

I feel like I have seen Dolly listed as Native when I first discovered her case in 2007. I may be remembering wrong though.
You may have. I've seen a lot of discrepancies between sources (Doe Network v. The Charley Project v. NamUs) on age, DLC, and the City the missing person is missing from. I would imagine it's the same with other information as well.

www.facebook.com/notes/missing-dolly-ann-thomas-caulder/what-happened-to-dolly-ann-thomas-caulder/275212928935/
What Happened To Dolly Ann Thomas-Caulder???????
Missing-Dolly Ann Thomas-Caulder
January 29, 2010 · 3 min read ·
Shared with Public
axobuTi734a.png

Dolly Ann Thomas-Caulder was my childhood, best friend's, mother. She was a mother to three children, from oldest to youngest, Haston L Caulder, Marsha A. Caulder, and the late Timothy D. Caulder. She was also a wife to the late Haston L. Caulder Sr. of Dillon, SC. Mr. Caulder died in a latta house fire in Dillon, S.C. on April 1, 1986, along with his brother, sister-in-law, and their two young siblings. Dolly was left to raise the children with the help of family and friends. On the evening of December 5, 1990, Dolly called her mother to tell her that she was walking home from a friends house in Charlotte, and that she would be home in about an hour. But Dolly never arrived, and was never heard from again. She was 30 years old, at the time of her dissapearance. Dolly did have some issues at the time, considering the rough life she had led up to that point, that would indicate; that she simply ran away from the help that all those that cared about her, wanted her to get. Maybe this particular night, seemed like the perfect night to esacpe. Then again, maybe not? To me, as 20 years have passed, it does not seem as if Dolly would vanish without a trace, never looking back upon the children that she loved. And the children that love her, so very much. So Dolly, if you are out there, please come home. It has been 20 years, and the past is in the past. Your children are still here, and they still love you just as much today, as they did December 5th, 1990. But...should you never read this, i pray for your safety. I pray no harm has come to you, and that you shall be found. Or, that if someone did something to you that night, that we may find out WHO so that justice may be rightfully served. Ladies and Gentleman, you may be to young to remember Dolly, in the Charlotte area but your parents are not. Dolly was 30 years old when she disappeared, which would make her 50 this year(2010). Please ask your parents if they knew Dolly Ann Thomas-Caulder. Show them her picture! She was known in both the Mecklenburg and Union County areas of North Carolina(Charlotte to Marshville). And, in and around the Dillon S.C. area. Someone had to hear something or see something on that fretful night. Please, come forth and bring some closer to this family. This case did not go public. It was mysterious at that time. And there was very little media on her disappearance. Dolly was born on June 13, 1960. She was approximately 5'4, 120lbs. She had black hair, brown eyes, and a tattoo of a rose on her breast. She disappeared on December 5, 1990 from the Charlotte areas. Dolly was either abducted (likely) or ran away. This is all the information that i have on Dolly or her disapperance, at this time. And the only picture available. Some of the information found on this particular page was retrieved from the Charlie Project Website.

Missing-Dolly Ann Thomas-Caulder

Has she ever been ruled out for bitter creek betty?

Sadly, I've seen a few cases like this. A blurry, black & white photo and scarcely any information. It always seems to give them a haunting quality.

If Dolly was an hour away on foot, that's a lot of time and opportunity for someone sinister to happen. She might have tried to hitchhike and met with foul play, or a passer-by forced her into his vehicle.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back