Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last we heard, they had exhausted their search there. I was under the impression LE would no longer focus their efforts there. Maybe there was new evidence to support he was still there? I can't imagine they would still put so much effort there if they didn't truly believe he was there. Although maybe there is nothing else to go on.
Something obviously changed. Someone pointed out that it may be due to the FBI taking over…

If he planned on suicide, I don't think the parents knew. If they did, what exactly would be the justification for continuing to remain silent? If they thought he wasn't alive, wouldn't they just say that?

Maybe they have. There is a reason they had their lawyer contact the police to say that Brian was missing. They could have just said nothing about that at all.

I’m keen to know what the key piece of evidence it is they’ve found.

Like for instance if it is the Apple Watch, possibly left on her wrist when her body was found or could it have been in his home when they raided with papers to do the search warrant.

Apple Watches track:
Heart rate - with or without workout
Pace
Distance travelled
Blood and oxygen levels
Time asleep
Time standing
Blood pressure

It also warns of abnormal heart rate/oxygen levels , detects hard falls.

If they did find her watch it would reveal so much.

Would they actually need the watch for this info if it was linked to her phone? I don't think so. MOO

SEP 21, 2021
Gabby Petito update: Her conversations with mother reveal 'more and more tension' with fiancé, affidavit says - CNN
[...]

Before she vanished, Petito sent multiple text messages and had many talks with her mother via cell phone during her trip, Florida police wrote in an application filed last week for a search warrant for an external hard drive found in the couple's van.

In those conversations, there "appeared to be more and more tension between her and Laundrie," the affidavit reads. On August 27, Petito's mother received one last communication from her daughter, which she called an "odd text," the affidavit says.

The message read: "Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls." Because the text message referred to Petito's grandfather as Stan, her mother was concerned that something was wrong, the warrant states.

Following that text message, Petito's phone was no longer operational and she stopped posting anything on social media about their trip, the warrant says.

One more text came on August 30 that read, "No service in Yosemite," but her family doubts she wrote it, Richard Stafford, an attorney representing Joseph Petito and her mother, Nicole Schmidt said.

[...]

Please what did the neighbor say!

Bill Guthrie says he found it strange how Laundrie acted like nothing happened when he returned home.

"It's very strange," says Guthrie. "Since he came back on the 1st it was like a normal day. Mother and son took a bike ride together around the neighborhood. Helped his father do some repairs around the garage."

The Bronx Daily | Bronx.com

Any chance BL could have gotten some escape cover during hurricane Ida? I don't think that area of FL was affected, but possibly he could have gotten closer to Mexico by hiding among people who were evacuating if he was even in the area of parents home.

You're right. He's been handled with kid gloves and it makes zero sense.

Who does he know? I can't believe I'm asking that question but after what's transpired in South Carolina the last couple of months, I wonder.
I think he's being handled the way he is because as of now there is no cause of death no confirmed body nothing he has specifically done that is illegal... yes every hes done has been questionable but you can't arrest someone with no concrete evidence that could.hurt the investigation further down the road....now when the autopsy comes back if there is confirmation that it is gabby than the way he is handled may change

I don't know why I feel LE wouldn't announce the actual location they are searching for him? Especially given the media frenzy.

If he is a hiker, yoga enthusiast, vegan etc just thinking he may be into foraging and able to live of the land. Not sure what vegetation is in the reserve but possibly how he could survive? I know people teaching foraging is popular at vanlife festivals in the uk, there was someone teaching it at the last festival I went to a few weeks ago. JMO.

He might have taken her phone from her and sent the Stan message while she was alive, if he was controlling and angry about how much she was on the phone.

I think he did not like her making plans to meet up with the friend in Yellowstone.

Maybe he ASSUMED Stan was a guy she was texting and didn't know it was her Grandpa?
Maybe this started the fight? :(
Poor grandpa he just wanted to check on his grandaughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288