Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEP 21, 2021
Autopsy of body believed to be Gabby Petito will answer big questions | WGXA
[...]

Following the autopsy, investigators will be able to 100% confirm the body belongs to Petito.

It will also give them a much better idea of the cause of death.

A makeshift cross was found in the Spread Creek Dispersed camping area where officials said they found the body that resembles Petito.

Investigators have not yet confirmed the cross marks the exact spot, however, our 2News crew in the area said there are signs of recent digging and paint marks.

[...]

Maybe the L family is repositioning BL and will need counsel who knows more about criminal law and less about their son, such as his location.

Whatever the reason, I don't think BL's prepared for winter camping. He'll look for someplace warm. The southern border, especially in the most crowded areas, seems like a good bet.

i don't believe there's a reward because there's no warrant for his arrest. He's just POI right now.
Yeah. I get theat there'd not likely be, say, and FBI reward. But, from the family... or some other so-called Petito group. Could be, I suppose.

I don't know. I think he's only dead if he's in the marsh and if he succumbed to the harsh environment. Narcissists typically don't kill themselves, their self-view is one of superiority and self-importance (i.e. Chris Watts, Scott Peterson, Patrick Frazee). Not to say it doesn't happen though. Fotis Dulos only did it after he had been to jail and it was clear LE had his guilty number. BL hasn't been named as a suspect yet, so he may still think he has a chance.

Only reason I could see in him going back to FL before killings himself would be to say goodbye to Mommy and Daddy.

You're right. He's been handled with kid gloves and it makes zero sense.

Who does he know? I can't believe I'm asking that question but after what's transpired in South Carolina the last couple of months, I wonder.
I think he's being handled the way he is because as of now there is no cause of death no confirmed body nothing he has specifically done that is illegal... yes every hes done has been questionable but you can arrest someone with no concrete evidence that could.huet the investigation further down the road....now wheb the autopsy comes back if there is confirmation that it is gabby than the way he is handled may change
We have an over abundance of rain here !
And avid hikers know.how to purify water, what they can eat in nature, there are all kinds of small stores on trails he could easily slip.in and out of ..the food may not be the most nourishing but definitely enough to survive..he may also allready have a supply of mres, snack bars etc..

That’s a good question. I’m also surprised, because yesterday media was saying that LE did NOT any longer believe that he was in the nature reserve..

That's what is bugging me. Yesterday they said they had exhausted all avenues of searching in that preserve and were finished searching there. I'm wondering if they got a credible tip from someone...

Maybe once they determine COD and can definitely say it’s a homicide and BL is a suspect.

I know if my child were missing I would offer a reward for any information that could help me find him/her especially if I thought they might harm themselves. That’s just me though. I also wouldn’t lie to authorities either. Makes me truly believe the parents know he is alive and on the run/hiding.

SEP 21, 2021
Gabby Petito autopsy: Coroner faces challenges in determining time, cause of death, says forensic pathologist | Fox News
[...]

"I would still approach this case like any other suspicious death, take fingernails, hair, any sort of sexual assault kit," said Banerjee. "You just never know what can be found with further testing."

"Then even with decomposition, sometimes the bugs found on the body and other tissue changes can even tell you help you along the lines for dating- bugs, soil elements that can actually, if a forensic entomologist gets involved, they can work backwards to try to deduce a better timeline for when she was killed."

[...]

"Given the length of time, I just worried that everything's going to not look like it's supposed to be, hence the decomposition," said Banerjee. "That can change not only the color of tissues, but it could potentially even hide surface defects."

"Once we get inside, hopefully they can see, you know, remnants of blood discoloration, whatever else, bone trauma should be readily identified."

[...]

"But again, we don't know exactly how she died. And so that's going to be critical for the pathologist to really dive in, use all sorts of extra analysis, if you will, not only toxicology, potentially needing a forensic anthropologist, if bone traumas there, depending on the condition of the body."

[...]

I think he's being handled the way he is because as of now there is no cause of death no confirmed body nothing he has specifically done that is illegal... yes every hes done has been questionable but you can arrest someone with no concrete evidence that could.huet the investigation further down the road....now wheb the autopsy comes back if there is confirmation that it is gabby than the way he is handled may change
I'm not asking for him to be arrested. I fully understand and support his rights.

That said, the local PD would not take a missing person report for one of their citizens. She lived there! And so does her father.

They could have surveilled him. That would not have been an infringement on his rights.

They could have taken him in, even if they had to turn around and release him if he lawyered up.

They didn't even have proof he was in the home AT ALL! At the very least, they should have insisted on that.

SEP 21, 2021
Autopsy of body believed to be Gabby Petito will answer big questions | WGXA
[...]

Following the autopsy, investigators will be able to 100% confirm the body belongs to Petito.

It will also give them a much better idea of the cause of death.

A makeshift cross was found in the Spread Creek Dispersed camping area where officials said they found the body that resembles Petito.

Investigators have not yet confirmed the cross marks the exact spot, however, our 2News crew in the area said there are signs of recent digging and paint marks.

[...]
Thanks Pommy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members