Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s found dead, or never found at all (rare), I don’t believe there will ever be full closure. We won’t know exactly what happened in Teton. Supporters of GP will claim certain things—namely he killed her. Supporters of BL might say … oh, he was depressed because they broke up and decided to go their separate ways on the trip and just see each other later back in FL. Or, there was a big fight, and he left her in the park, but she was alive (is that a crime?). Or, lots of other scenarios. Ugh.
Yes, which is why the best thing all around is for him to be apprehended alive, but not sure what the chances are for that scenario.

So, taking the neighbor's eye-witness account into consideration - Brian returns home, takes a bike ride with mom, helps Dad do repairs in the garage, then mows the lawn before disappearing to kill himself.
Pretty cool, composed character this Brian.

Based on where she was found, I don't think it supports the case that he just left her and she died. She could have walked the 1000 feet and saw multiple other campers. Unless the theory is one of those people decided to kill her, I don't see it.

I did consider maybe she fell off a cliff or he left her in deep woods that she couldn't escape from. But all the images released so far show that this was an open area. It seems really unlikely she wouldn't have been able to get back to the road and get help from the many other campers we saw in the RV video. In such an open area, people may have been able to hear her screaming for help if she was hurt and abandoned. It doesn't seem like there are many noise buffers.

Which begs the question - did any of the people in those campers hear anything 9/26-9/30? Were there any 911 calls from the area?
My sentiments exactly. I expected to see images of cliffs in the background and instead see a copse of trees and level fields and streams.
48174745-10011415-The_memorial_is_placed_near_to_where_authorities_found_a_body_be-a-4_1632215602664.jpg

Based on where she was found, I don't think it supports the case that he just left her and she died. She could have walked the 1000 feet and saw multiple other campers. Unless the theory is one of those people decided to kill her, I don't see it.

I did consider maybe she fell off a cliff or he left her in deep woods that she couldn't escape from. But all the images released so far show that this was an open area. It seems really unlikely she wouldn't have been able to get back to the road and get help from the many other campers we saw in the RV video. In such an open area, people may have been able to hear her screaming for help if she was hurt and abandoned. It doesn't seem like there are many noise buffers.

Which begs the question - did any of the people in those campers hear anything 9/26-9/30? Were there any 911 calls from the area?

I think he strangled her-that’s (relatively) quiet. I think he has choked her before, too-just not to death-hence the facial and arm scratches.

Maybe he ASSUMED Stan was a guy she was texting and didn't know it was her Grandpa?
Maybe this started the fight? :(
Poor grandpa he just wanted to check on his grandaughter.
Maybe Gabby's grandpa's name was his full name in Gabby's phone and that's why BL didn't use a nickname when pretending to be Gabby? iPhones give you the option to update your contacts based on what they have in their own phones... I originally had my mom's number under "Best Mom Ever" but after I updated the contact it changed her name to her full name. Some people also just like using full names in contacts.

This is my first attempt to post a comment since this all started. The opening and closing of threads were so rapid, it seemed faster than the news coverage on this story.'

First of all I find it so remarkable that Gabby was found so quickly considering the vast area that was in front of them. I'm not a camper, if you see one tree, you've seen them all IMO.

I woke up this morning thinking about the Park Ranger (female) at the traffic stop. I really wondered about her and what she must be feeling knowing now how this was all happening. Then I turned on Fox News and she has actually now made. She was of the belief that Gabby was in a toxic relationship. Spoke to Gabby about how this could be a opportunity for her to move into a new path of life. She spent time trying to talk to Gabby about basically removing herself from this relationship. I wish I wrote down exactly what she said in her statement but I didn't. I'm sure it will be on the news again as the day goes by.

This indicates to me that the officer's who did all the talking, the one's who put BL into the victim box have to also know at this point too, that it's one and the same from that traffic stop.

Lastly, is it possible that when the two separate witnesses called in to report the altercation of BL and Gabby that they were routed to different dispatch offices, so they weren't connected to the actual traffic stop? They received the report that Gabby was hitting him and that's the information they had in order to make the stop? I'm trying my hardest to understand why they never considered Gabby was the victim and her reaction was what was seen by the witness?

I'm trying to understand the timeline..it takes 35 hours to drive from grand Teton to North port florida not including sleep, gas, bathroom breaks, food, traffic, construction etc.....on August 29th BL was picked up hitchhiking in grand Teton and dropped off about 10.miles from where his van was spotted...a traffic cam caught his van near north port Florida at about 10:30 am on Sept 1. Doable but doesn't leave much time for anything

I keep thinking that hitchhiking happened and Gabby was already dead at that point, but he did it to make it appear as though they got into another argument and they were splitting up. Then he realized he was going in the opposite way and got out, and in a panic got back to the van and decided just to go on home.

Good morning everyone! I don't know how I was able to get some rest last night but miraculously, I did.

Autopsy is at what time today?

And with what the neighbor reported about what Brian did when he got home, I'm truly hopeful these neighbors have security cameras (ring, arlo, etc.) and they were happy to hand over any of their footage.
There was a neighbor that said...I think it was under a Twitter reporters response. Ask BL why a tarp on the van when he first came home... I'll see if I can find it again ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member