Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything that is now happening in this case, and the Morphew families in particular, feels so dismissive of SUZANNE, who was MISSING and now we know is DEAD. How the Morphews can erase her is beyond my comprehension.

Thank goodness for WS and those from SUZANNE’s life who continue to uphold her light in the world.
I think one day Macy will have some questions snd when she faces Barry’s temper, she will KNOW.

I read through it, and knew I had to read through again. I discovered a new channel on youtube called Crushing Crime, and the host is actually reading it completely which was really an advantage since I could listen and still handle chores and tasks I was behind on. So, check it out, if you need to multi-task.:)

It's the contradictions Barry makes that is truly telling. But I don't feel confident that contradictions alone can a case win.:(

The dart tranq- He claimed that he used to tranq the deer in Indiana, but didn't in Colorado, then later claims that this was exactly what he was doing during those fateful days.

Saturday- It was a "perfect" day with SM, and she wasn't drinking. Best day in a while. Later, oh she was drinking. His story details for that day are all over the place.

Dbm

Last edited:
Yes, all throughout the questioning he just kept incriminating himself.

I don't know if he thought he was being subtle, but he took every opportunity to try to figure out what investigators knew.

I also noticed whenever he mentions God he seems to be talking about himself.

"Well, now that you've told me she was having an affair, maybe in God's eyes this was his way of resolving something."

"So it's in his hands, I mean he allowed this whole thing to happen."

One of the biggest tells was on p 75 where it says he asks about immunity, asks not to be thrown in jail, says there's no evidence and that "Suzanne made him a monster and things just blew up."

It seems so obvious that when he talks about what everybody is going to "think," he's talking about what really happened. He found out about the affair, his wife was about to leave him, and he turned into a monster and killed her.

IMO

Yes, it's very interesting terminology -- feels like we've heard it before from some other pseudo-godly abusers and murderers.

My guess is that BM is noting here that God did not actively step in and prevent (with a strategic thunderbolt, perhaps) SM's wanting to leave her "biblical" marriage and BM and then once again (via a well-timed Providential intervention, perhaps) did not divert BM from his murderous mission and sloppy coverup. After all, if He had wanted Suzanne to be saved instead of Barry, He would have done something about it, and struck poor Barry down rather than guiding him divinely.

Yes, BM -- you're merely the fleshly vessel. This is not your fault.

I so wish SM had simply bailed first and divorced later. I imagine that 50-point list of grievances fairly flew off her pen...

Exactly! We learned in the AA that upon finding a woman’s bracelet in his truck in IN, SM accused him of having an affair. Who but his sister steps in to claim it was hers :rolleyes:. The females in his life are always there propping him up and covering for him.

His attorneys pride themselves in representing men wrongfully accused of violence against women. It’s hard for me to imagine myself defending a man who is obviously guilty of abusing and finally murdering his wife and who sees women as nothing more than sexual objects to satisfy his twisted ego, INCLUDING THEM! Nope, I couldn’t do it. I’d kick that jerk to the curb and tell him to find some man to defend him. I know it’s a job and obviously it pays well but I could not defend that swine of a man. JMHO

Sounds like the entire Morphew side of the family had been gaslighting Suzanne for years. She must have felt so isolated.

I really don't think Barry tries to skip bail, the odds of him succeeding are so slim. Those things are thick, hard to cut off, people have ended up in the hospital trying to get them off. They have tamper detection soon as pressure is applied with say a bolt cutter, it will alert the police. He has maybe 0-15 minutes head start on police. Difficult but not impossible. Then after he eludes police initially, he has to make his way out of town, those towns Maysville, Poncha Springs are terrible places to be on the run. 2 ways out of town in Maysville, 4 in Poncha Springs, and also very far away from Canada or mexico and the ocean. Then you got the problem of dealing with where is Barry going to start a new life and avoid the long arm of uncle Sam. He had to turn in his passport so he will need to apply for assylum somewhere, I'm thinking like South America, Russia. Those countries take people like Nazi's and US traitors like Snowden and Josef Mengele not common criminal murderers. All this has very low chance of succeeding, and the risk is he's out $500k. Suicide is an option but I don't see him doing that.

Last edited:
They just couldn't prove it, although their activities were certainly indicative of one (flowers, Valentine's Day hotel room, late night visits, sleepovers).

Just shows Barry as a liar again.
Yep, and you have SD lying about being in a romantic relationship with him, too. Quite the couple. They had to put surveillance on her house to prove it. I put money on them starting up before SM disappeared. The woman at the gym said he walked around with his chest puffed out, peacocking around town, big loud truck, firefighter stickers, thinking he was the man and thirsty for attention from women. It sounds like SD would have been impressed with him and his apparent money (she met him at the dumpster near his mansion, after all). Gross. Just gross.

Sure looks like he left twice.

He left once, rose as Lazarus did, and left a second time, with a slightly different shirt.

Twas willed that way.

I'm only partway through the AA, but I do think there's plenty there for a conviction. The truth is in the telling here, IMO, and the prosecution is going to have to work through the various narrative options in order to tell the story that is the most convincing and the most resistant to defence team counters, including the Nothing to See Here and SODDI defenses we've already seen previewed at the PH.

Liar.
View attachment 313724
In an earlier interview, Suzanne’s family told FOX21 CBI agents asked Barry to take a polygraph test on two separate occasions, and, each time, he turned them down.

“I’ve never been asked to do a polygraph,” Barry said. “There is nothing that I am hiding. I have given three – 30 hours of testimony to the FBI and the CBI. I’ve answered every question. Every single question.”

‘People don’t know the truth’: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado
Speaking of polygraphs, the interview with Lara and Andrew Richardson, AA pge 55:

Attachments

• 3FABEBD5-69A3-4A40-8AB4-100E86355F79.jpeg
    3FABEBD5-69A3-4A40-8AB4-100E86355F79.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 81
It’s too much of a coincidence not to be, isn’t it?

The AA says SD was cleaning neighbouring rental properties in late 2020 when they ‘first met’ at the neighbourhood dumpster.

One of the last sightings of Suzanne, which has been publicly stated since almost Day 1, was by a lady at the neighbourhood dumpster, who told Suzanne and BM she was cleaning the rental properties.

Hmm.

This reminds me - wasn’t one of the random accusations BM made to LE, according to the AA, that he suspected “the cleaner’s daughter and her boyfriend” of abducting Suzanne?

If the TWO dumpster cleaning ladies are not actually one and the same person, there’s another theme going on here.
Maybe we have it all wrong. Maybe BM was looking for girls at those trash sites in Broomfield instead dumping evidence of his wife’s murder.

Whew, that was quite a read! BM is guilty as sin, no doubt in my mind, there is just no other explanation why SM goes dark right after he returns home and is never seen or heard from again.

If BM's mouth is moving, he is lying. Some of the most transparent and absurd lies I've ever heard! He remembers the trash can at McD's was full to the brim but doesn't remember what he threw away in it?!? Saturday night was great, good food and sex cuz she wasn't under the influence of anything, oh wait, now he sees the last known pic of her and she has 'drunk eyes' that same night - which is it BM?

Unfortunately, I agree with many of the posts above, this reads like a trashy novel without much substance. I think in the era of network crime shows and public awareness (if not full understanding) of DNA, the jurors will want some type of proof from the DA.

I am hoping that more evidence has come in since this AA was written and more evidence comes to light prior to the trial, something more concrete that the jury can point to as proof he did it. Fingers crossed!

I know we kid around a little about the chipmunks sometimes, but hearing Barry's own words about them is quite sobering, IMO. Listen to this exchange:

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf

Page 71
SA Grusing told Barry that when he arrived that afternoon, his phone went around the house, "Quite a bit".
Barry was nodding his head and saying "Mhhmhh, mhhmhh." SA Grusing asked, "Were you looking for her?"

Barry said, "I shoo--, I shoot chipmunks."

SA Gruing asked, "You shoot chipmunks?" Barry said, "Yeah."

SA Grusing said it looks like he was chasing one.

Barry said, "Yeah, I was, I've shot 85 chipmunks because they got into my furnace and cost me a bunch of money. So, when I'm home..."

SA Grising interrupted and asked if he used a .22, and Barry replied, "Twenty-two. So, when I'm home, I just walk around and shoot 'em. Just keep going around the house." (Barry made circular motions with his right arm.) He said, "Every time I go around the house, I'll see another and I'll shoot it."

SA Grusing told Barry that activity would explain his phone's behavior, adding that he left his driver door open in the garage before he went to the first patio. Barry said, "Mhhmhh" and said,

"Yeah, shootin'," while nodding his head during the description of movement. He added, "No, I'm shootin chipmunks. I've done that ever since we've moved in."

SA Grusing asked Barry if he remembered doing it that day. He nodded his head and said, "Mhhmhh, oh yeah."

Page 72
SA Grusing asked Barry what happened next. He shook his head and said, "I don't recall."

>>>(
AA continues)

I love these SAs, though. They just let him talk.
I can picture it being hard for SA Grusing to keep a straight face during this conversation. I can't help but smirk reading it. It'd be really funny if it wasn't so sad.

I wonder what Barry's first night out of jail was like?

I imagine he and his supporters sitting around a table, eating steak from a single plate (slathered in grilled peanut butter), as he regales them of his jail exploits, and being an all around tough guy.

I imagine he'll go on and on about how his faith kept him going, and then cleanly segue into discussing his daughter's virginity, as one does at the dinner table.

Seriously though, I hope he enjoys it. There's only so many of these days left.
View attachment 313725

That statement is seriously wrong on all levels!! You just don't talk about your kids like that, especially ones you don't know well!!

I feel the girls said straight up, They don't want to read all those "lies" investigators wrote about their father, so they have not read AA and probably won't until one of them has someone in their ear telling them tidbits about stuff in it and she will become curious and brave! I believe this will be the fallout.
I can understand being in denial, but at some point that denial withers and it will most likely be the youngest one, IMO.

It's very intriguing. We'll have to wait for trial unfortunately, when a tech expert will hopefully make some sense of this.
iCloud accounts across multiple devices such as: iPad, laptop, desktop…could be syncing with those devices and therefore the 2nd device…. His work required some type of large screen to access projects and complete documents, therefore, it’s likely he synced his iPhone to these (that)…also used wifi or hotspot at times to work off or cheat off the device other than iPhone.

Maybe I missed it but did the agents ever press him on why the computer in his truck was reset? Did bM offer an explanation for that? To me that's one of the biggest pieces of evidence.

Also I didn't see any mention of the influencing public officials or tampering with a dead body. Don't those need some kind of evidence to justify the charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle