Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
No
I think all of this guy's alibiis fell through.
1) Left her & the van there hoping she'd be discovered while he was away a couple days. Didn't happen.
2) Back in FLA. told his parents he'd left her behind. He's amazed no one has discovered her yet.
3) G's parents turn up the heat. He probably told his parents lies about G, & that's why they wouldn't call her parents back. (Most of us, however, still would have returned those calls, yes).
4) Now LE is coming around. This is the time to skedaddle. He knows he blew his chance weeks back to make a clean getaway to another country. Tells parents he's going to the preserve. He knows when he says goodbye that he may never see them again. A kind reading (not one I agree with) says they had no idea anything had happened to G. Any parent's Spidey senses would have been up, no?

Last, I don't think he deliberately killed her, but he did know he has a wicked temper. Were it a hit-her-head thing, he still probably wouldn't have called LE right after it happened. He might be beside himself with guilt rn, yet still justifying to himself how she 'made him do it'.

Steals her van. She anticipated him leaving her alone in the woods and stealing her van.
It was preplanned.

Brian Laundrie does not have DNA or fingerprints on file, correct? Does he have a passport? Could he have used it before Gabby was found deceased? Facial recognition won’t help with masks on either…..the
FBI has quite a challenge finding him I’m afraid. Three days head start and probably pointed in the wrong direction?
I wondered if the FBI was able to get a DNA sample when they searched the house. It's typical in a missing persons investigation to collect a sample in case a body is found.

His parents could have refused, but LE still may have been able to get a sample from something they discarded. They did bring lunch into the house so it probably wouldn't have been that difficult. IMO

Just want to double check, the Laundrie family attorney is making a statement at 1pm EST?

Not sure if anyone answered as the thread is moving quickly but the Atty cancelled the press conference last night.

Or pushed her (we know he did this 12/8) there are so many big rocks. But again I honestly believe he strangled her. Maybe he was waiting for decomposition. So they can't tell. IMHO

I keep going back to the pictures of the area where her body was found. The streams are close by. He could very well have drowned her. They may be shallow but it doesn't take more than a couple of inches of water to drown someone that is unable to resist.

48174745-10011415-The_memorial_is_placed_near_to_where_authorities_found_a_body_be-a-4_1632215602664.jpg

Every adult guy I know still loves doing things they did as a teenager. There's no growing out of something you love just because society/women want you to "be a man".

I can add to this, as someone who loves horror movies, Dexter, researching serial killers, skull and cross bones band shirts, metalcore/hardcore, Horror Punk music, etc. Campy undead stuff is a huge trend in this country. I play World of Warcraft and there is an "Undead" race you can be, and a lot of the game is focused on death and the afterlife and the things around it. No need to generalize people like this, it's not fair and it's a cheap thing to do.

It’s been reported that this “reserve” is full of snakes, alligators and mosquitoes. Maybe it’s just me, but if my child told me they were going to visit this place, I would question their sanity and likely call someone for help or back up. These parents claim their son went there few days ago. AND YOU’RE OK WITH THAT? They haven’t called for someone to go find him? Either they figure oh well, he’s a super good alligator wrestler, or they know he’s gone elsewhere and he’s safe. Why didn’t they call the police and say listen, something is wrong with him, he’s gone in there, or he’s been in there over night (!!!), please go find him! Who in their right mind would allow a family member to go there and stay there?!

Is it possible he didn’t tell them what happened? Some kids won’t tell their parents if they get a speeding ticket. They hope they’ll get away with it, at least until the insurance bill skyrockets. Could he have been immature and hoped no one would find out? Maybe he told them they broke up but not anything else? The neighbour claims he saw him going about daily life since his return. He said he was going on bike rides with mom and helping dad in the garage. Was this staged? Is he a good actor or did he believe he left her behind alive?

I like to believe people are innocent until proven guilty. It is easy to jump to conclusions. People keep commenting on how young she was, but he is young too. It may have been the first time a girl that he really loved broke up with him. Maybe she literally left him and he had enough of this and left her alone there. I hope he is found alive so he can let her family know what really happened. They deserve to know the truth. But with so much speculation, accusations, etc., if he’s out there reading it all and listening to media, of course he will be scared and run. He sees that no one will believe anything he says and he’s already been convicted. It does not look good for him, but he needs to be an adult now and take responsibility for his actions. Evidence will either convict or clear him. In this day and age, security camera footage alone will help fill in the blanks.

Honestly, I think there must be people out there who (unless they can help their kid abscond), might rather have their kid in mortal danger, either by suicide or the elements, rather than going to prison. I wonder if the Laundrie family could possibly be ok with this?

What I am struggling with is how they might have received their son, returning with Gabby’s van, but without Gabby? The most benign explanation would have to have been something like “Gabby and I broke up and she told me I could keep the van.” As a parent, you’d have to be going “wait-what??” So his parent knew early on that something bad happened-as in, they knew even before Gabby’s mom started calling and texting, that Gabby was dead. I struggle with the Laundrie family being totally ok with letting Gabby’s family fear for her safety all of that time, when they surely knew Gabby was dead. What did BL’s family gain in all of that time? A few more precious days with their son? Certainly. Time to get him out of harm’s way? Possibly.

Every adult guy I know still loves doing things they did as a teenager. There's no growing out of something you love just because society/women want you to "be a man".
And honestly, why should we? I still watch cartoons, play video games, and do plenty of things I thought were fun when I was a kid. There are MANY more and much better reasons to suspect BL of having harmed Gabby than the fact that he liked to draw "dark" things (which he was also selling online, though obviously they weren't much of a moneymaker for him, not like a real career).

Wow, so this is significant. If he was acting weird and alone on the 26th, maybe we are all wrong about her death happening between the 27th and 30th. It changes all my thinking, honestly. The text to GP's mom on the 27th... was that one of the suspicious ones?
Totally agree with you. If the JS tiktok is accurate, and she saw him alone on the 26th, then GP probably ended up at the place where her body was found the night of the 26th, morning of the 27th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans