Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
B has supposedly been an entire week in the preserve. Unless he walked out at least once, he would have had to pack in a bunch of food & water.

I don't believe he's in this wilderness foraging off the land, getting his survival needs met. So I think at this point LE is thinking they'll find a body. I don't think he's in this preserve. I think he headed north out of FLA. The puzzling part is he went for a bike ride with Mommy. Those days he could have been headed out of the country instead. Was he simply dissociated, in such deep denial he was even hiding what he'd done from himself?

I don’t think he left the country…I think he did spend a little time with his parents, and they know he is dead. I think by Friday last week they already knew and that’s when they’d come to terms with it and called the police. It would surprise me very much if they find BL alive.

This is such a sad case. A young woman loses her life and what's left of a young man's life is destroyed.
"If you see something say something" may have been able to prevent this from happening.
Friends and family saw this kind of controlling behavior. Unless this type of control is the norm for these families intervention, perhaps, could have saved both.

Recognizing toxic relationships, physical or mental domestic abuse is something only a few professionals are familiar with. Law enforcement is not the firewall.

The resolution begins long before these relationships become a public crisis.
Perhaps we may now see legislation passed to engage and educate the public, and Gabbys death will bring about that change.

Not a statement, only MY opinion.

Rest peacefully, Gabby!
This is so true I agree.

And just terribly sad

I really can't get my head around what he was doing out there near where her body was found.

I'm reading a lot of things on these threads from people thinking he's some master planner, strategically trying to throw people off his scent by creating fake alibies, hitchhiking multiple times, driving 2400 miles in 36 hours, lawyering up immediately without saying a word to anyone, slipping out in the dead of night to leave his house, and evading capture with all of 2021's technology looking for him....so here's something to consider:

Why did he leave her body out in the open, uncovered, 100% would have been found within a short period of time, when he had a literal body transport vehicle they were living in? If he really was as smart as you people think he would have put the body in the van, drove it somewhere that they WERE NOT, in a different state, and left it there, pushed it into a body of water, something. A "sociopath" wouldn't mind a few hours of driving around with a body in a van right, for self preservation? To me it looks like he put ZERO effort into covering up what he supposedly did.

So how do you reconcile his genius master plan with leaving her body there? Makes no sense. Something happened to her, but I honestly do not think he purposefully hurt her. Something does not add up. Get out your pitchforks again, I know, have at it.

this though. Perfect and logically explained.

I'm not disagreeing with you either, but until LE arrived at the home the family suspected
something was wrong. They didn't yet know for certain. MOO

But they suspected enough to not talk to LE. Still, that just goes to my statement that we have no idea when they actually lawyered up. We're just guessing.

JB said the news helicopters can apply for an exemption from FAA rules but they are hard to get. Just realized this must mean there are teams of lawyers across the country who fight for the rights of newscopters in a free press and it warms my cold little heart.

Interesting, that is a different person than the YouTuber who caught the video, correct?
Yes this woman saw the van in the same place from the 26th through the 28th, but doesn't remember the 29th. The other couple with the video saw the van 2 times on the same day, on the way in and on the way out since they couldn't find a space.

Oops now I see you weren't quoting me, but same answer anyway.

Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery

Another women saw the van on the road at Spread Creek on Aug. 26th.
She passed the driving van and saw only one man on the driving seat.
She later saw the van abandoned for about two days.

One comment in the article that made me think again is when she said that she was surprised that the van was still there on Aug 28, as she thought that it would have been booted by then. Maybe that was BLs plan with his multi day hike and return to the van? After killing GP, his plan was to create an alibi for himself that he was hiking on his own while GP stayed back to work on the blog for a couple of days. While he was gone, he was banking on the authorities towing his "abandoned van" since it was not parked in a designated spot. His plan was to finally return from his hike to shockingly find that his fiancé and their van were both gone and he had no idea where either of them were and he'd call the police at that p0int. When he returned from his 2 day hike, he was surprised and disappointed that the van was still there and his plan was ruined.

Just FYI. I live an hour-ish Northeast of North Port in a “preserve” community surrounded by additional reserve/preserve/park lands. Had LE helo’s circling directly overhead for 1hr+. They showed as multiple agencies, not even my county. I checked all available resources for a BOLO, etc that may have been reason & could find nothing. Would not be surprised for it to be connected to BL search further south. I have no confirmation either way, but usually our area LE is pretty forthcoming on obvious activities. Not going to confirm exact location/agencies involved.

My stomach has been in knots about this case since September 11th, I can not imagine the pain that this family is experiencing
I don’t think he left the country…I think he did spend a little time with his parents, and they know he is dead. I think by Friday last week they already knew and that’s when they’d come to terms with it and called the police. It would surprise me very much if they find BL alive.

The helicopters might be distracting for the dogs trying to do their job.

Most dogs are proofed to the noise, but it can throw scent all around depending on how low they are flying. Stopping news choppers also helps a potential suspect or those potentially assisting with seeing live feed of the search. Another thought. IMO

I wondered if the FBI was able to get a DNA sample when they searched the house. It's typical in a missing persons investigation to collect a sample in case a body is found.

His parents could have refused, but LE still may have been able to get a sample from something they discarded. They did bring lunch into the house so it probably wouldn't have been that difficult. IMO

I imagine they found something to sample inside the van. If not, then inside the Mustang (they must think he drove it to the preserve, that may be why they are back over there).

I'd think that no matter how much anyone cleaned the van, BL's DNA would be in many places in it.

Most dogs are proofed to the noise, but it can throw scent all around depending on how low they are flying. Stopping news choppers also helps a potential suspect or those potentially assisting with seeing live feed of the search. Another thought. IMO

So far, the drone coverage on WFLA doesn't show any use of dogs. It's hard to know what exactly they are searching for. I can't see any dogs in those little vehicles (but we don't know how many vehicles they are using).

Doesn't seem like they tried to use heat sensing tech last night, but we can hope.

He may have not meant to kill her but if he's the type of person to black out due to rage, he may not have known or realized what happened until after the fact.
Black outs due to rage -- maybe, but I'm very skeptical about something like that. Not remembering all the details, okay; slapping someone & regretting it immediately, yes. I think he knew what he was doing at all times, just like the rest of us. Going into a true angry rage can't be predicted, but it certainly would be remembered. If he did hurt her, he would be the first to know -- else why has he been on the run? If he's on the run...

I believe temp flight restrictions cover drones as well.
Probably not FBI drones, just civilian and news drones. Also, a while ago someone mentioned that BL always wore some goofy necklace....I wonder if he did something dumb like leave something of his with/ on her body. Could he be THAT stupid? jmo

I did my own take on the distance between the van location at Spread Creek and where Gabby was found. It's really not that far at all and lead me to speculate a few things. First, how did he get her body over there? I looked at some of the aerial footage and this is more of a flood plain than a defined river so it varies where the water is flowing at different times. If Brian did not kill her there where they found her (which I don't think he did) I believe he must have dragged her on something like this "tarp" that came up in the Miranda Lambert story for example. I also think it was done after dark. Consider how close she was found to the van. I think Brian dragged her there but gave up after having to slog through water and brush and also was completely disoriented in the darkness. I don't think he realized how close he was to the van still or simply got too exhausted and decided that was far enough. I think he killed in her IN the van because with all those other campers, someone surely could have heard something i.e. fighting, screaming, etc. But then not necessarily so. Also, with the revelation of this "Stan" text yesterday, could we suppose Brian did kill Gabby the night of the 26th-27th or rather, the 27th-28th? Did he seriously hang around the area for that many days after she was already dead? Was there more truth in this "...been camping alone for multiple days...need to get back to my fiance..." story than we realize? What was this Snapchat allegedly sent on the 27th to a friend of Gabby's? Who sent that? I couldn't picture Brian getting any more elaborate beyond sending bogus texts to create a fake timeline of events but who knows. I don't use Snapchat so I'm only passively familiar with how easy it is to "fake a Snap."

Attachments

• SpreadCreekDistance (2).jpg
    SpreadCreekDistance (2).jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
An eyewitness has told the FBI she saw Brian Laundrie alone and ‘acting weird’ close to the site where Gabby Petito’s body was found in a Wyoming national park.

Jessica Schultz told the San Francisco Chronicle she spotted the couple’s white Ford Transit van in the Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming. several times in late August.

It was only after she was sent a photo of Mr Laundrie by a friend that she realised the significance of the sighting and reported it to law enforcement.

Ms Schultz also discussed her “creepy” encounter with the man she would later identify as Mr Laundrie on Tik Tok.
TikTok witness who noticed ‘creepy’ Laundrie alone directed police to Petito’s body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member