Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comment to which I replied)assuming tgat was you) expressed an opinion that he did not mean to harm or kill her. And yet, it is a known fact that he hit and otherwise handled her in a way, on more than one occasion, that did harm her. That is the narrow point: it is illogical to opine he didn't intend to harm her bc we know he did. It's like having an opinion that the sky is green, as it is factually not true.
He put his hands on her to keep her hands off him. If you consider him doing so intent to harm her then that is indeed your right.

As I said before, we see things differently.
So be it.

BBM. The phone. I missed that in the SW that her phone was turned off Sept. 1. Could they be searching in the Preserve for her phone and other possible evidence he may have dumped…possibly even that Sept 1 morning before returning home?

Seems incredibly stupid, considering he had a million other places along the way to get rid of stuff…but we already know he’s not exactly the smartest creature in the forest.

If they are, I have no idea how they'll organize that. They'd need metal detectors under water, I'd think. It looks to me like they're just looking for signs of habitation or a person having been there.

Hard to say how many (small) teams of searchers they have, but drone footage hasn't shown anyone on foot yet.

Are the 'facts' I note below now irrefutable? Or is there other evidence to suggest Gabby was alive beyond August 27th?
On 8/27 there was a text from Gabby' phone.
But reports suggest it was possibly from Brian, since Gabby never referred to her grandfather by "STAN."

Seems likely Gabby may have been already murdered within 24 to 48 hours of this text message. Leading many to believe it was actually Brian who sent the text.

Then he returned to his parents' home in Florida without her on September 1, according to police.

this case has got me spooked so bad that i heard a noise out in the woods beside my house and now noticed that the door to the old run down barn out there is slightly ajar, normally i would just trudge on over on the golf cart and close it but .....uhhh im scared so Im gonna call someone ......ive been here way too long lol

Black outs due to rage -- maybe, but I'm very skeptical about something like that. Not remembering all the details, okay; slapping someone & regretting it immediately, yes. I think he knew what he was doing at all times, just like the rest of us. Going into a true angry rage can't be predicted, but it certainly would be remembered. If he did hurt her, he would be the first to know -- else why has he been on the run? If he's on the run...
The only answer to your statement i can think of is maybe that whatever happened wasn't totally on purpose. Maybe they were fighting and he hit her harder than he thought, she falls on a rock and dies.

I think the timeline notes Gabby sent a snap on the 27th. If it was a selfie then she was still alive at some point during the day. If so, any sighting for the 26th may not be significant. Depends on what the Snapchat photo was of I suppose. /JMO
After reading the article about the woman who saw the van on the 26th in the area, she said he was alone and driving very slowly. So slowly in fact, that he pulled over to let her get around him on a rough road and she was towing an Airstream trailer, so that’s really slow for a guy in a van towing nothing.

She saw the van again but this time parked where the video family recorded it and across the road from where he had pulled over for her to pass. She also verified he was not in a designated camping area. It’s just a spot to pull over. My point is, I think he was looking for a spot to dump her body and not for a campsite. Her Snapchat of the 27th could have been que’d up.

What do you think?

I don't think he's in the hiking area.

I don't think he'd ever kill himself.

I think he's hiding elsewhere and I think he has had HELP to do so.
LE must have reason to believe he could be in the Reserve to put so many resources into finding him.

If the ME has indicated to them Gabby was likely murdered, then all the more reason they have to find him. IMO

One comment in the article that made me think again is when she said that she was surprised that the van was still there on Aug 28, as she thought that it would have been booted by then. Maybe that was BLs plan with his multi day hike and return to the van? After killing GP, his plan was to create an alibi for himself that he was hiking on his own while GP stayed back to work on the blog for a couple of days. While he was gone, he was banking on the authorities towing his "abandoned van" since it was not parked in a designated spot. His plan was to finally return from his hike to shockingly find that his fiancé and their van were both gone and he had no idea where either of them were and he'd call the police at that p0int. When he returned from his 2 day hike, he was surprised and disappointed that the van was still there and his plan was ruined.

That's a good theory.

Brian Entin has been relentlessly reporting from the ground. He is now posted he is heading as close as he can in a helicopter to see what he can see. I am still with my working theory he is not there but grabbed a go bag there Friday night and took off and that was him in baker county. Again anyone here with flightaware skills to check north Florida/ Alabama?

bbm

The trail cam photo (that might be him) is from Baker, Florida, not Baker County. I made the same mistake earlier. Baker, Florida is in the panhandle.

I did my own take on the distance between the van location at Spread Creek and where Gabby was found. It's really not that far at all and lead me to speculate a few things. First, how did he get her body over there? I looked at some of the aerial footage and this is more of a flood plain than a defined river so it varies where the water is flowing at different times. If Brian did not kill her there where they found her (which I don't think he did) I believe he must have dragged her on something like this "tarp" that came up in the Miranda Lambert story for example. I also think it was done after dark. Consider how close she was found to the van. I think Brian dragged her there but gave up after having to slog through water and brush and also was completely disoriented in the darkness. I don't think he realized how close he was to the van still or simply got too exhausted and decided that was far enough. I think he killed in her IN the van because with all those other campers, someone surely could have heard something i.e. fighting, screaming, etc. But then not necessarily so. Also, with the revelation of this "Stan" text yesterday, could we suppose Brian did kill Gabby the night of the 26th-27th? Did he seriously hang around the area for that many days after she was already dead? Was there more truth in this "...been camping alone for multiple days...need to get back to my fiance..." story than we realize? What was this Snapchat allegedly sent on the 27th to a friend of Gabby's? Who sent that? I couldn't picture Brian getting any more elaborate beyond sending bogus texts to create a fake timeline of events but who knows. I don't use Snapchat so I'm only passively familiar with how easy it is to "fake a Snap."

I thought about this too. I went so far as to check moon phase. It was at about 83%-69% illumination at that point. In that area, with little light pollution, he probably still could've been spotted by campers. Obviously possible and likely, but it wouldve been risky still.

Brian Entin has been relentlessly reporting from the ground. He is now posted he is heading as close as he can in a helicopter to see what he can see. I am still with my working theory he is not there but grabbed a go bag there Friday night and took off and that was him in baker county. Again anyone here with flightaware skills to check north Florida/ Alabama?
north florida is where i am......reason i just called someone to check my barn..o_Oo_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater