Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can believe that BL came home and made up a story and they believed him. They seem like enablers, so I can see how BL would manipulate them.

All of this stops the second Gabby's mom tries to make contact. THEY ignored her, not BL, all of them. At that point you have to know something is up. Something is wrong. This person that lived with your family for 2 years is nowhere to be found.

I don't know how much information BL's parents had in the beginning, but as the days went on and as Gabby's mom contacted them, they had to know something wasn't right. They could've done the right thing. Instead they've been doing everything to help BL. They feel no moral obligation, no love for Gabby or her family. And at this point they can't play innocent. They can't say they are blindsided.

MOO they knew something was wrong from the second BL came home. Gabby lived with them. They had to have seen how he treated her, what their relationship was like. IMO they were/are either in denial or their own relationship is just as toxic and they're trying to cover all of their asses by staying silent.

MOO Oh, I agree with you that once GP mom contacted them they asked him and he told the truth (whatever that truth turns out to be) and then they called a lawyer and he told them to not interact with GP's family and to wait for LE to contact them and that he (the Attorney) would take it from there. From there on they have probably been having mental breakdown and can't even keep track of what day it is.

Yes, Gabby lived with them. GP's friend, Rose, is quoted as saying that GP would come stay with her (7-10 times in the short time they knew each other), whenever GP and BL fought. I also think that if BL actually did fly home in August it was because they had a fallen out and he told his parents they broke up. but then he went back. So I think it would be pretty easy to spin a convincing tale how she had left him and was spending some time with her friend.

It's possible that BL's actions directly after killing GP tell us a lot about what his actions are now.

If you take the tiktok sightings as true, then he was seen parking at Spread Creek dispersed site on 8/26 at 8:10PM. If he left GP's body across the creek from there that night, then it's possible he walked along that creek bed west/northwest towards the Snake River. I can only imagine his mind would have been going a million miles an hour at this point and physically, he was on an adrenaline high. Getting away from people would have been paramount and following the creek to the river area would have been an easy way to do that unseen.

What he told the Coulter Bay tiktoker, who picked him up there on 8/29 at 5:30PM, is that he had been camping along the Snake River for multiple days. Well, this makes perfect sense if he walked from the dispersed site at Spread Creek! While he was on this multiday campout is when he must have formulated his plan. And that plan included returning to pick up the van at the Spread Creek site and drive back to Florida.

Question is, what is in Florida? It seems obvious - his parents. His parents, and/or what he had at that house, must have been instrumental in his plans. He had to have known the would hit the fan soon but he knew he had plenty of time to come up with his escape plan which he is executing now.

My guess is that what he is doing now is exactly what he did between the time he killed GP and the time he surfaced in Coulter Bay - namely backpacking and resurfacing to eat/shower/hitchhike. If he's not dead in that swamp they are searching, then he will surface soon and be easily spotted. His options and resources seem very, very limited.

I cannot begin to imagine that the United States Military would be activated for this matter. Now, THAT would be a story.

Here's the tracker from flightradar24. If you click on Saver 22, 19, etc., they say US Army. I assumed that would mean they came from the Army, but I could be wrong.

Hi guys - I haven't posted on this thread yet but I'm wondering if it's fair game to discuss the BF's obsession with horror novels?
In my opinion, there's nothing of value to be learned there. Lots of people like horror novels and movies, "dark" art, violent video games, etc. and don't end up hurting anyone ever. There's plenty of substantive stuff about BL's behavior in the past few weeks we can side-eye in all this.

damn it
i think the laundries have taken down the google profile of their florida location of the family business juicer services inc
i was enjoying reading the hilarious reviews, i should have saved them for posterity

stuff like
'communication was extremely poor. when I asked where my juicer was they directed me to their lawyer.'
'my juicer exploded and tomato juice went everywhere. my house looks like a crime scene. oh wait no that's their house.'

ok yes it's a little ethically dubious but the comic relief was nice

As funny as that it, I hate that stuff. It completely ruins my decision making on whether or not I should get a juicer from them or maybe a getaway backpack instead.

LE had to make several judgement calls in that 75 minutes. Nothing is perfect. They're under so much pressure in a traffic stop like this. I just think it's unfortunate Michael's call to 911 somehow wasn't relayed to LE who were talking to G & B. But everyone can Monday morning quarterback for sure. I read what the female ranger said about having regrets she didn't press the matter with G. I read them when someone posted her words here this morning. No, I don't have a link. I mean, at least the female ranger said something to G. I'm really glad she did.

I think the whole situation was misunderstood from the start. From what I've read the witness who called in the report said he saw the MALE hit the FEMALE. When they were pulled over, you could tell the cops initially thought he was the issue. They wanted her out first and safe in the cop car. They wanted they keys away from him and on the hood. But then they started talking. And she voluntarily admitted, essentially, that she was the aggressor. And it was just a blow up and she was sorry. She didn't mean to hurt him. He didn't seem upset, he didn't want to press charges. From the discussions you could hear on the body cam footage, the cops ultimately came to the conclusion that this was an argument that blew up and out of the norm. Young kids stuck on the road together. Let's give them a break. The cops didn't rush thru the process, they were there for over an hour. I can see how they ultimately swayed the other direction. Unfortunately, they are not mental health professionals and thus, likely, would not see the subtleties of the abuse in this situation.

What I am confused about is the Ranger that came out and said she told Gabby she was in a toxic relationship and needed to get out. Why wasn't she speaking up about her opinion on the situation with the other cops? Or maybe she did when the sound is turned off a few times.

these are the items in the front seat. Its a REI packing cube, not a backpack. If you watch the footage and zoom on instagram you can see the fabric pattern, the black square in the corner and the zips. Do not match trail footage, its a dark grey/black daypack and a white packing cube.

View attachment 313830 View attachment 313829 View attachment 313828 View attachment 313831

Thank you!! I've been looking at the photo in the front seat that came from their IG stories trying to figure out what that is. I believe the packing cubes can be seen in the back of the van on the body cam footage as well, which would make sense to put it back there while driving. Good work!

Can someone go to 4:35 of the nirvgorilla YT video and compare the bag (backpack?) in the driver's seat to the one the BL look-alike is wearing in the Trail Cam footage please?!

They look identical to me, especially the black/dark straps. I'm one of the newbies, so forgive me for not knowing how to link.

Sorry if this breaks any rules. I'm colorblind too, so a few strikes against me.

ETA bag location

Last edited:
I can't imagine BL hiding out for long without adequate funding. Perhaps his family has already provided some $$$, but it is unlikely he'll receive more. Eventually an arrest warrant will be issued and family accounts will be watched. IMO. Does anyone think the Florida Reserve is a red herring?
From what locals have posted, I don't think the Reserve is a place where someone who knows he is a POI would hide out for over a week. IMHO, if he is hiding, he's found a better hiding place. And if he is alive and hiding, he will surface before long and someone will spot him. His face is *everywhere*. Patience, my friends.

I think BLs backpack should be the focus on the trail cam picture. If that’s a match you have something

I mean, possibly, but if it's an REI daypack, like someone up thread suggested, then we have to leave room for the possibility that someone else also shopped for one at REI. Weird coincidence? Yes - but not a sure way to ID someone.
MOO.

ETA MOO

We all remarked on the picture- perfect tidiness of the early van pictures. Then the one(s) taken at the time of the cop stop showed a really messy van in disarray. I wonder if the van was deliberately trashed in anger, or in looking for something, perhaps while Gabby was in the store, blogging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam