GUILTY UK - Terri Harris 35, Lacey Bennett 11, John Paul Bennett 13, Connie Gent 11, Killamarsh 18 Sep 2021

Sheldon Dawkins and Damien Bendall robbed their victim of GBP50 and his mobile phone after leaving him dazed and severely injured on the pavement as he walked in the Old Town area of Swindon.

[...]

Bendall, 21, from Yellowhammer Close in nearby Covingham, was found to have the victim's phone and he was arrested 15 minutes later.

At Swindon Crown Court, Dawkins was jailed for four and a half years and Bendall for three years.

DC Louise Elliott said: "This was a violent, unprovoked attack on a man simply going about his business.

User account

The paper copy of The Sun (it was lying in a cafe, I wouldn't personally buy it normally!) says the suspect, DB, apparently called 999 at 07.28 am on Sunday morning, police arrived 4 minutes later and found him with the 4 bodies
The police think the poor souls may have been killed the night before.
The Sun online does not have these details as yet

The paper copy of The Sun (it was lying in a cafe, I wouldn't personally buy it normally!) says the suspect, DB, apparently called 999 at 07.28 am on Sunday morning, police arrived 4 minutes later and found him with the 4 bodies
The police think the poor souls may have been killed the night before.
The Sun online does not have these details as yet

I think that is very possible, with the police emphasis on the timing of 9.45pm. Perhaps an argument or some noise was heard from the property at that time.

Online portal set up for Killamarsh murder investigation
Main article content
Navigation

Appeals
News

13:51 21/09/2021

A portal has been set up for people to submit footage in relation to the murder of three children and a woman in Killamarsh.

Thirty-five-year-old Terri Harris, her 11-year-old daughter Lacey Bennett and 13-year-old son John Paul Bennett, and Lacey’s friend Connie Gent, also 11, died at the house on Chandos Crescent.

Their bodies were found by officers who were responding to a call about concerns for the safety of a man at the address which came in at 7.26am on Sunday 19 September.

A special online portal has now been set up for people to report information or send CCTV, doorbell video or dashcam footage directly to our investigation team and can be accessed here: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/33EM21A24-PO1.

The 31-year-old man who was arrested at the property, and was taken to hospital with self-inflicted minor injuries, remains in police custody.

Detective Chief Inspector Sally Blaiklock who is leading the investigation said: “Our thoughts remain with the families of Terri, John Paul, Lacey and Connie – as well as the communities that have been affected by this most tragic of incidents.

“A large scene remains in place on Chandos Crescent and local residents will see an increased police presence in the area over the coming days, including patrols by officers in the local area.

“I would urge anyone who is concerned about the incident to speak to officers in the area or use the online reporting tool to pass information in confidence.

“Myself and the team of the detectives are particularly keen to hear from anyone who was in Chandos Crescent between 6pm on Saturday 18 September and 7am on Sunday 19 September, as well as anyone who may have video footage of the street.

“That can include dashcam, mobile phone footage, CCTV or video doorbells.”

Along with the online portal, you can also still contact us on the non-emergency details below, quoting reference 302-190921.

You can also anonymously contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, on 0800 555 111 or by visiting www.crimestoppers-uk.org.

https://www.derbyshire.police.uk/ne...l-set-up-for-killamarsh-murder-investigation/

First post. Hello every body.

Regarding this case, something doesn't seem to add up. Bendall is apparently the (only?) one, according to records who fits the approx date of birth. The same picture used by The Sun was also for previous in Swindon.
The father Jason also had to drive 4 hours to get to Killamarsh, which would place him "down south", Swindon perhaps? I'm thinking Lucy above is right. The bloke (Bendall) is a druggie headcase and Terri and the kids moved 5 months ago to get away. She met someone else local and got pregnant. Bendall found them through the wonderful thing(not) that is Facebook and probably got in touch with a friend of hers who knew where she was and he found out.

Possible that he flipped out because of the new pregnancy, killed her, kids seen, he killed them too. I don't think Bendall was local. Certainly not a Derby native.

The motive was the pregnancy I think.

EDIT: Also, Derbyshire Con stated they have no previous run-ins with this guy. A bladed robbery, with other previous, Derby coppers would know this individual very well if he did it locally (which he didn't). A loner out of the area, gutted about his ex moving on, he killed her and the kids. Also, he tried to off himself, resulting in SI injuries. He deserves to swing for what he has done. No doubt about his guilt.

Sorry for long first post. Not really sure how this works so if I've stated the obvious, I'm sorry. Cheers.

Last edited:
Ahhh... Missed that bit. Seems kind of odd that Derby coppers have no previous on him if he tried to rob a shop at knifepoint(even if from out of the area.. Unless Yorkshire police know him (being on Yorks/Derbys border... It HAS to be the same person. Very unusual name, DOB looks like it fits. Could someone go under the radar from birth?
It looks to me like they were a decent family. No SS or coppers involved prior.
How can the police say that this man wasn't known to them?

Nevertheless, the pregnancy seems like a likely motive. She had obviously split from the suspect, thus "if I cant have her, nobody will"...

Last edited:
I'm still not sure.

All the criminal history is in Swindon, up to a court hearing this May.

How could the same person be in a relationship in Sheffield for six months, as the arrested man is stated to have been?

I'm still not sure.

All the criminal history is in Swindon, up to a court hearing this May.

How could the same person be in a relationship in Sheffield for six months, as the arrested man is stated to have been?

May this year? The arson offence in Swindon was May 2020 as far as I can see online, and went to court in March this year, a lot of prosecutions have been delayed over COVID so may be coming to court much later. He presumably could have been reporting to court in Swindon for any offences that happened when he still lived there.

IN THE DOCK: All the latest cases from Swindon Magistrates' Court

The detail of the child being murdered on a sleepover is utterly chilling. Don’t get me wrong, all the deaths, and the loss of all the children, are very shocking, but killing a child who happened to be there on a sleepover…? There’s something very disturbing about that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back