Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow...went for a glass if wine and a bag of Bugles and voila ! 5 pages...epic group !!!
Its moving so fast I can't hit "like" button fast enough bc I will lose my place so please know I like and love all I am seeing....the passion and vigor is great.......question....will we be dealing with multiple jurisdictions ??? Gabby was found in WY and he will be found and extradited ????

To start my heart is breaking here in Scotland UK, my thoughts are with GP's family, friends and all you Americans, She was delicate and beautiful and too young to leave this world by any means, sad day.
for me, I still cannot get the idea out of my head that BL has been gone longer than the Tuesday and if this is the case he has at least 19 days to dissapear. My greatest fear is he won't be found and will always be a "POI", I also cannot understand what would have made the FBI search that reserve again, I can't think of anything that would send them out there after retrieving more things from the house apart from more clothes etc for the scent?

You know what's really sad?

Gabby wanted to be an Influencer. She wanted to be known on social media and have that following and engagement from people far and wide. This is what she was trying to build up with her blogs and posts, so that we could follow her adventures.

There's a bitter irony in the fact that the hashtag of her name has been viewed over 650 million times so far, but for all the wrong reasons.

Whoever did this to her - whether BL or not - I hope they get what's coming to them.

MOO

My heart...

Without knowing all the facts, it is a stretch to say the parents are complicit in anything. It's an emotional time for many thst have invested hours towards this case. We should allow facts drive our posts and not emotions. Loaning our child a car eventually used in armed robbery doesn't make us complicit to the crime. Jmo

I think when all the facts are known, they will have done far more that simply loan him a car.

My son brought up a thought. Perhaps BL went south to the Everglades and then to the keys. A hike is estimated at 39 hrs., and he could have utilized the Tamiami Trail. If he left early Tuesday, and not reported missing until Friday evening, he had more than enough time to land in the Everglades and then to the keys. This is pure speculation. I just thought my son's angle was interesting and wanted to share it.

Can you hide anonymously in the FL keys? I thought they were small communities of mostly wealthy people. Never been there though.

The US Attorney from Wyoming will have to get an indictment first. There is a process to obtain a warrant short of that. And we don't know that that hasn't already happened.
Thank you for bringing your expertise to Gabbys thread - I can hardly believe she’s been recovered so her parents can give her a proper burial -
JMO

I think there will be a full autopsy, as hard as it is to imagine. I think LE will insist on it. Who knows what the full extent of the book of charges are they can try to pin him with, imo. But I gotta say, if I ever go missing, I want this crew at WS to hunt me down. There is *nothing* some of you shy away from, & I admire your courage & intelligence. I've learned a lot in like 4 days.
Further testing is always required.
In this instance I get a feeling that further details are being withheld for operational reasons.
FBI don't have their suspect or suspect(s) yet.

To start my heart is breaking here in Scotland UK, my thoughts are with GP's family, friends and all you Americans, She was delicate and beautiful and too young to leave this world by any means, sad day.
for me, I still cannot get the idea out of my head that BL has been gone longer than the Tuesday and if this is the case he has at least 19 days to dissapear. My greatest fear is he won't be found and will always be a "POI", I also cannot understand what would have made the FBI search that reserve again, I can't think of anything that would send them out there after retrieving more things from the house apart from more clothes etc for the scent?

Quote: You can walk across the border to Mexico. But the actions of LE right now suggest they think he is in FL.

I guess you mean swim across, through the Gulf of Mexico? I doubt he'd do that, but I do think he would hitchhike to Texas possibly, then cross over.

Does anyone know when the neighbour made his comment about seeing BL riding around on his bike with his mom etc.? I have watched it a few times. I did not hear him say "last week" or "on the weekend" or "Tuesday". He just mentions things he has seen BL doing with his parents.
I have seen the same neighbour in another video clip discussing the last time he saw Gabby, and the things she was doing in the back of the van back in JUNE, before the trip.
Is it possible his comments about BL were taken out of context? Could he be talking about things he has seen BL do in the past, but not recently, not since he returned from Florida???
Do we have anyone who has reported actually seeing RL alive and in Florida at his parnets house since all this started, since mid to late August? Is there any concrete evidence that he himself ever returned to Florida? Is the presumption that he drove the van home just a theory? Could someone else have done that?

The “note” was a tow notification for parking there overnight. I guess the locals there know you get one if the car is there for 24hours. Since BL did not come home the next morning the parents may have assumed he was still “camping” out there and didn’t want the car towed so they drove out to the parking lots and found it, brought it home. Doesn’t seem odd to me as this is a norm for communities that have these kinds of parks and most parents keep a set of keys to their kids cars for emergencies. BL’s parents knew he went there to go hiking the day before they picked up the car.

I agree. I also think that things were starting to blow up and leaving the car out there would open it up to damage from angry people or it getting impounded quicker.

Are the alligators/snakes aggressive in this area? I am not from Florida. Curious if he could reasonably avoid this wildlife for a week+ or if that is unlikely

I believe there are alligators, snakes, and also the area has been in flood which makes the threat of both of those so much worse. I believe it's crazy bad with mosquitos there too, so really not an environment someone would want to be in if they wanted to survive.

MOO

Without knowing all the facts, it is a stretch to say the parents are complicit in anything. It's an emotional time for many thst have invested hours towards this case. We should allow facts drive our posts and not emotions. Loaning our child a car eventually used in armed robbery doesn't make us complicit to the crime. Jmo

It's no stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member