Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
She didn't commit suicide. Her manner of death is homicide. I suppose someone other than BL could have murdered her, but that would be a huge and wild coincidence. Also it's a campground where other people would probably have heard screams - if it was someone else who surprised her and killed her. If BL killed her, it likely came about in a DV situation where she may not have screamed. Especially if it was a situation where he knocked her out or strangled her.

What a terrible situation. I hope people, women especially, in toxic relationships learn something from this crime. I hope LE eventually tells us what kind of help women suffering from DV on a trip like this in a remote area can find and take advantage of. Gabby probably felt like, "what are my options? Where can I go? Maybe things will be OK tomorrow." No one seemed to prioritize helping her. Separating them was not the same as helping her.

IMHO
I think Gabby could have had help if she wanted it.
Her father said to Dr Phil he would have flown out in a minute. Her step father did fly out there immediately when they found Gabby was missing to have what he called a family presence there.

Gabby thought she could handle it and everything would be ok. She never wanted to give up on her dream.

Im curious what BL's end game is here if he is in fact still in this park in FL. Does he think everyone will just go away? I guess Im just really skeptical that he is still there.

I don't think he has one, not one he comes up with on his own at least.
So far he leaves, buys himself the time he drives away with Gabby's van, and heads back home by Sept 1st. He bought himself one week next by the time Gabby is officially reported missing it's now Sept 11th another 11 days...he is buying time. He hoped no one would find Gabby until no autopsy could reveal her COD.
Maybe he will stay in hiding until he thinks he is no longer a suspect and the cOD cannot prove he killed her.
Why does everyone think he is suicidal? Where did that come from?
Did he leave a note to his parents?
Could be a diversion tatic.

You know what's really sad?

Gabby wanted to be an Influencer. She wanted to be known on social media and have that following and engagement from people far and wide. This is what she was trying to build up with her blogs and posts, so that we could follow her adventures.

There's a bitter irony in the fact that the hashtag of her name has been viewed over 650 million times so far, but for all the wrong reasons.

Whoever did this to her - whether BL or not - I hope they get what's coming to them.

MOO

I saw that the youtube channel that found their van (Red White & Bethune) is trying to get Gabby's Nomadic Statik to 100k followers so that YouTube will send them the coveted play button you get when you reach that many followers. It is a goal of so many youtubers, I think it's a nice gesture. So far it is at 75k.

ETA the link - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsgnE460ebvgB1I30gwuLkw

Last edited:
Are the alligators/snakes aggressive in this area? I am not from Florida. Curious if he could reasonably avoid this wildlife for a week+ or if that is unlikely

This may be alligator hatching season; the females will be very protective of their hatchlings nearby their nest.

…edited by me to be more descriptive

Last edited:
Police Who Stopped Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito Had Not Spoken to All Witnesses, But Said Stories Would ‘Probably’ Line Up
Police Who Stopped Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito Had Not Spoken to All Witnesses, But Said Stories Would ‘Probably’ Line Up
Another strange turn in the Gabby Petito investigation: Authorities deny having a record of a second 911 call, though officers reference a second witness in body cam footage

It appears that the account of the 911 call obtained by Fox News was not reflected in the Moab City police report. The report identifies only reporting witness, referred to as “Christopher.” Officer Eric Pratt wrote in the report that he had spoken to Laundrie, Petito, and Christopher, and that “all three individuals gave a similar and consistent story, consisting of the basic idea that the driver of the van, a male, had some sort of argument with the female, Gabbie, as I recall. The male tried to create distance by telling Gabbie to go take a walk and calm down, she didn’t want to be separated from the male, and began slapping him. He grabbed her face and pushed her back as she press upon him and the van, he tried to lock her out and succeeded except for his driver’s door, she opened that and forced her way over him and into the vehicle before it drove off. No one reported that the male struck the female …”

Pratt’s account states that he first spoke to Christoper in person at the scene outside the grocery store; Christopher’s statement indicates that he approached the officer to share his concerns. Pratt later called Chris for further information while the officer was at the second scene with Petito and Laundrie.

The report and the body cam footage, cross-referenced, suggest that Pratt is the same officer seen speaking to Laundrie at around the 25:00 mark in the below video.

...(more important info included -limited to 10% due to TOS)......

The footage also shows that Laundrie told officers he didn’t have a phone, as he was describing the initial episode with Petito outside the grocery store. It is unclear from Laundrie’s statement whether he meant he did not possess a phone or just that he rarely used it.

“I was holding on to the keys because I didn’t want her going anywhere. My big fear is … I didn’t have my phone, I don’t really … I don’t have a phone. So if she goes off without me, I’m on my own.”

Later, Petito and Laundrie are each seen with separate cell phones, and Laundrie also gives an officer his phone number. Additionally, Petito asks an officer to remind Laundrie to charge his phone and Laundrie tells the officers that he intended to send Petito a text message asking her not to contact him. At no time does the footage show officers ask for clarification about Laundrie’s earlier statement.

possibly there were multiple injuries to her body thereby determining that she died by homicide but determining what the actual cause of death was might be trickier and also b/c she was not found for quite some time determining time of death will factor in. I am not sure but I believe the Petito family wants her body home before releasing details of the autopsy and possibly they might not want the released period, if it is too painful to them or her memory. I can't imagine what they must be going through and my heart goes out to them - so sad :(

You know what's really sad?

Gabby wanted to be an Influencer. She wanted to be known on social media and have that following and engagement from people far and wide. This is what she was trying to build up with her blogs and posts, so that we could follow her adventures.

There's a bitter irony in the fact that the hashtag of her name has been viewed over 650 million times so far, but for all the wrong reasons.

Whoever did this to her - whether BL or not - I hope they get what's coming to them.

MOO
People who quench other's lives are despicable and hateful.

I know nothing of the conditions in the reserve but I was wondering if in fact BL went into the reserve and killed himself, and was eaten by an alligator, what is the likelihood that he accompanying items (backpack, gun, etc.) would be found. People have mentioned marshy conditions and rising waters. Is it conceivable that these items would be lost? Is there a dry period where the reserve dries out and these items would then be able to be seen?

I hope BL is found alive, charged (assuming enough evidence), and brought to trial. But the FBI going back to the reserve and apparently (based on reports re helicopters circling and focusing on a small area) make me wonder if that will occur...

JMO

Gabby Petito's body identified, death ruled a homicide

Answers in this case have proven elusive thus far, and former FBI agents say they will be difficult to come by unless Laundrie comes forward.

“The reality is, we don’t know that (police) even have spoken to him or even know where he’s at,” former FBI agent Patrick Conley said on “NewsNation Prime” Monday. “It’s unclear as to whether he’s even been to his residence. (It’s) just speculation on all sides on this.”

Im curious what BL's end game is here if he is in fact still in this park in FL. Does he think everyone will just go away? I guess Im just really skeptical that he is still there.

Chad and Lori Daybell did... they ran all over Hawaii unflinchingly, so there is precedent if you are in a heavy state of denial.

FBI: Coroner Identifies Remains as Gabby Petito - 9 & 10 News
The FBI also requested for anyone with information about boyfriend Brian Laundrie’s role in Petito’s death to contact the agency.

SABBM above: Well, that just about says it all, doesn't it? To quote a popular current meme:

"Tell me that someone is a suspect and person of interest without saying they are a suspect and person of interest."

To start my heart is breaking here in Scotland UK, my thoughts are with GP's family, friends and all you Americans, She was delicate and beautiful and too young to leave this world by any means, sad day.
for me, I still cannot get the idea out of my head that BL has been gone longer than the Tuesday and if this is the case he has at least 19 days to dissapear. My greatest fear is he won't be found and will always be a "POI", I also cannot understand what would have made the FBI search that reserve again, I can't think of anything that would send them out there after retrieving more things from the house apart from more clothes etc for the scent?
Him staying missing is upsetting to consider. Reminds me too much of the Robert Fisher case.

The expected result of the body found (it was Gabby & she died due to homicide) but no less heartbreaking. I would suspect that the phrasing categorizing BL as a "person of interest" will change soon to "suspect" and possibly even a warrant issued. Since they were able to determine homicide almost immediately, which sometimes doesn't happen in cases where the decadent has been missing for weeks, it's possible her death was the result of an unplanned act of rage which would fit the domestic violence many of us have suspected.

I say this because an unplanned rage killing is also likely to be haphazardly covered up and/or the perpetrator flees quickly and doesn't think to eliminate or cover certain evidence. Obviously my suspicion is what many of yours is - that BL murdered her - but it's also possible it wasn't a planned event. In many domestic violence situations where one partner kills another, it's often not. The instigator finally snaps and goes too far and then realizes what they've done and has an "oh (bleep)" moment and runs, not knowing what else to do.

My strong suspicion is she died of either strangulation or blunt force trauma at the hands of BL and he fled the scene to wherever he is now after. Godspeed to LE to prove who did this and make them pay. What an absolute waste of a young life. Even though I didn't know her or her family, just really bums you out.

The only satisfaction I get is the bill his parents are getting - likely $450/hr or more
JMO
But yes he wouldn’t he speaking unless his clients directed him to comment or release statements - these parents continue to cover for their son who is a POI in a homicide
JMO

So that’s what the lawyer planned to say at the “FBI-cancelled” press conference today.

Without knowing all the facts, it is a stretch to say the parents are complicit in anything. It's an emotional time for many thst have invested hours towards this case. We should allow facts drive our posts and not emotions. Loaning our child a car eventually used in armed robbery doesn't make us complicit to the crime. Jmo
I disagree. They seemed to be aiding and abetting his escape. And they shut down any information to the grieving parents who had reached out to them for help finding their missing daughter. Who does that?

If they knew their son had an innocent explanation then they could have replied to the desperate family and given them some helpful info.

Their silence shows that they were being complicit, in my opinion.

Why does everyone think he is suicidal? Where did that come from?
Did he leave a note to his parents?

It comes from the fact that his parents did not have to report him missing. They were under no obligation to do so.

It seems to some of us that they were very concerned for his welfare. So they reported him missing.

And now the search for him seems to be concentrated in one particular place, for days and days.

I think when all the facts are known, they will have done far more that simply loan him a car.

I agree! These parents have been non-communicative with LE from the get-go! Their actions have led to this viewpoint among many of us, not stemming from just emotions. The fact alone that they have not written back to Gabby's parents during their desperate attempts to contact BL and his parents is abhorrent; instead just lawyering up and staying mum about everything.

I saw that the youtube channel that found their van (Red White & Bethune) is trying to get Gabby's Nomadic Statik to 100k followers so that YouTube will send them the coveted play button you get when you reach that many followers. It is a goal of so many youtubers, I think it's a nice gesture. So far it is at 75k.
This is kind of a misdirected kindness - I don't think Brian's parents will really appreciate it and Brian himself will probably never see it.

Un
Not unless they can get a fake passport and vax confirmation in a very short time with no money trail, which is probably very difficult. If Brian left the country through legit means, the FBI would know by now.

Unless he already had a fake ID and passport at home which could be the reason for him driving the van back to FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni