Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
A
Diett

Not bringing your dirty feet into a van does not seem OCD.
Just sounds like she was tidy and had a work ethic.

People their age toss around terms like “OCD” “Schizo” “Triggered” “bipolar” and “PTSD” all the time without any true diagnosis behind it … it’s just part of their vocabulary these days. Maybe it’s not a great thing to do and diminishes true mental health struggles, but it’s common. I would have no trouble believing that Gabby would refer to herself as OCD or that friends would call her OCD just because she likes things tidy - and it wouldn’t be derogatory, it would be lighthearted.

“It’s hard not to second-guess myself, and wish I said more, or wish I had found the right words to make her believe that she deserved more.”

I want to word this correctly because I don't want it to seem like I am putting any blame whatsoever on this park ranger. I'm wondering if her words DID have an impact on Gabby. Maybe Gabby realized that she did deserve more and that she didn't deserve to be treated that way. Maybe hearing an impartial person point out that the relationship was toxic made Gabby realize she didn't want that for herself. Maybe Gabby's inner conversations where she questioned the gaslighting were validated by this stranger. And then perhaps when Gabby and BL had their next altercation, she stood up for herself and said, "Enough is enough...I'm done." And BL didn't like that.

Just speculation and putting my thoughts into words. MOO IMO

Arches park ranger warned Gabby Petito her relationship with Brian Laundrie seemed ‘toxic’

I just had this crazy thought about the FBI and looking for BL.

So I had felt for a few days that BL was not there, red herring, wrong bread crumb trial. But then i thought that the FBI is smarter than me. . .there has to be a solid reason that they are there. FBI/LE will hold their cards close. Now I am thinking he is in there. JMO.

There is a red truck and the mustang. I always thought that Mustang may be registered to the mother. Most spouses have their own car. But, Who knows..
Having an expensive sports car sitting in the drive way while BL is doing a cross country isn't logical if it does belong to him. But, in this case where is any logic?

I keep seeing wild speculation about BL. Keep in mind, he's a 23 year old boy. He's barely an adult. He's not a survival expert. He's not a master of disguise. He has no connections. He most likely is not hiding out at someone's house. He is probably, so far, quite lucky he hasn't been caught yet—because of his inexperience. This idea that he's somehow a MacGyver type who has all of these skills you see in movies just isn't reality.

It reminds me quite a lot of the case in Canada in summer 2019 when Chyna Deese and Lucas Fowler, two free-spirits like GP were living a van life of their own and were killed in the night by Kam Mcleod and Bryer Schmegelsky. They were just teenagers with a gun but people were talking about them like they some sort of hunting and wildlife experts. A huge manhunt went on for weeks and I was here on WS for all of it, and the speculation about them being these potential extreme survival experts eluding the police, living off the grid in the vast and harsh Canadian wilderness were a bit much. It's very similar to some of the theories I've read here. Like you said, doesn't seem really realistic to believe BL is out in the woods on foot with no connections and few supplies aside from whatever was in his backpack he apparently left with ... and that he's just a-ok out there. He might be ok for a while but in the longer run.. I don't think it's viable.
(Kam and Bryer were found dead in the woods after weeks of searching. Suicide.)

JMO.

I could’ve sworn I saw a post last night along the lines of Brian’s attorney telling CNN that Brian’s parents actually called LE to report him missing on Tuesday. Does anyone recall seeing something about it here or know what I’m talking about? Lol

He left the house on Tuesday but they didn't report him missing until Friday. During that time, LE made repeated public statements that they knew where he was (at the home). The parents failed to correct the record and tell LE that BL left. That can be considered lying by omission. I think that's dangerously close to aiding and abetting since you are permitting a fugitive to leave the area.

Could he have manipulated his parents and told them nothing? Sure, but then I don't see why they needed to keep invoking their attorney. If you don't have any information, you don't have any information. Refusing to even consider the questions asked by LE is strange to me unless you do have information and you are concerned about making a false statement to LE.

I fault NPPD for not insisting on seeing BL face to face on Tuesday and/or sitting a uniformed car outside of the house 24/7 to track his movements. They wouldn't need these searches if they kept an eye on him.
I think the point is that they do not have to tell LE anything. He was a person of interest. He was not a suspect. All they had was a missing person report and a person of interest who had a lawyer and the right to remain silent. He could leave his house. He could take a hike. There wasn't even a body found. They clearly were worried about their son's well being. IMO

I understand the intent, but....stop and think a moment...

There's a lot of Him in there....Personally, it's hard for me to watch, knowing what was going on when the recording stopped.

Idk...I'll be following what her parents do to memorialize her.

That's just My Opinion.
Good point but he WAS in there and that is how we are where we are and most likely why Gabby is lifeless.

It's her testimony. With all the other footage of her. Including and especially the body cam recordings.

The dream, the reality, the outcome but above all
The Danger.

This is going so fast, someone may have already said this...but I can't shake the feeling that the event that killed Gabby was a repeat of 8/12.

There was an altercation. He probably hit her again. He pushed and pushed until she reacted and when he "just went to push her away" he pushed too hard, she fell, hit her head and died.

Then he freaked the eff out and got out of there as soon as possible to get home as soon as possible.

And more than likely called to tell his parents (who very possibly flew him home after the first altercation thinking it was over between them because they believed Gabby to be the aggressor and were not happy that he ever returned, even moving her things out of the house) that he killed her by accident or in self defense. They would immediately call a lawyer, etc. Likely the van was his only way out of the park, unless he got a flight out of Jackson Hole. But he would still have to get there somehow. MOO.

“It’s hard not to second-guess myself, and wish I said more, or wish I had found the right words to make her believe that she deserved more.”

I want to word this correctly because I don't want it to seem like I am putting any blame whatsoever on this park ranger. I'm wondering if her words DID have an impact on Gabby. Maybe Gabby realized that she did deserve more and that she didn't deserve to be treated that way. Maybe hearing an impartial person point out that the relationship was toxic made Gabby realize she didn't want that for herself. Maybe Gabby's inner conversations where she questioned the gaslighting were validated by this stranger. And then perhaps when Gabby and BL had their next altercation, she stood up for herself and said, "Enough is enough...I'm done." And BL didn't like that.

Just speculation and putting my thoughts into words. MOO IMO

Arches park ranger warned Gabby Petito her relationship with Brian Laundrie seemed ‘toxic’[/QUOTE

The thing is at 23 do we even understand relationships, people stay with people because they become convinced no one else will love them. I didn't learn what gas lighting was until i was 50. I don't think when you are knee deep in it, and far away from home, your perspective is in check. And even as she said 'it's my fault'. . that is hard to hear, she was protective of him to some degree. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle