Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier is was suggested that the marks in the tree were caused by bullets.
I don't think he shot Gabby personally, because I believe shots would have been heard. There were other campers in the general area. Having camped in the wilderness myself, it is so very quiet.

No one has come forward that shots were heard, at least that we know of.
But...maybe someone has.
Shooting would have caused a big ruckus and lots of attention. People would be actively looking for the source of the gunfire , imo. They are all camped with their families and they would want to know why there was shooting. JMO

LE actually preferred to give the hotel room to Gabby, & one of the officers called a supervisor to get permission to do so. His request to his supervisor to give her the room, not B, was turned down because G was the "suspect," or primary aggressor. This is said outright in the bodycam footage. There was no agenda to give her the van to escape; the agenda was to separate the two for one night.

you missed the point, it was always up to those 2 to end the relationship and leave each during that 24 hour “break”. LE had zero control or responsibility over that like others have referred to IMO.

During the search warrant, they did seem to spend a lot of time looking at & in the shed that was in the backyard of the parents house. Taking pictured from the outside and the inside, also measuring it. I wondered if it contained Gabby's belongings, but maybe they were looking for signs of it being occupied recently? MOO
I thought about that too, but could find any reason for that. Unless, they moved Gabby's stuff out of the van and hid them in an attempt to prove that she had left Brian and the van and moved on.

He left the house on Tuesday but they didn't report him missing until Friday. During that time, LE made repeated public statements that they knew where he was (at the home). The parents failed to correct the record and tell LE that BL left. That can be considered lying by omission. I think that's dangerously close to aiding and abetting since you are permitting a fugitive to leave the area.

Could he have manipulated his parents and told them nothing? Sure, but then I don't see why they needed to keep invoking their attorney. If you don't have any information, you don't have any information. Refusing to even consider the questions asked by LE is strange to me unless you do have information and you are concerned about making a false statement to LE.

I fault NPPD for not insisting on seeing BL face to face on Tuesday and/or sitting a uniformed car outside of the house 24/7 to track his movements. They wouldn't need these searches if they kept an eye on him.

One thing I am curious about. Why didn't NPPD do a welfare check in the Laundries house? They could have determined at that time whether Brian was in the house or not.

Not sure that's plausible. There were no markings there on the 27th, via the youtube video. Then you have labor day holiday, and then reported missing person. I doubt they were marking 6in trunk trees, right near the sight the van was seen, in a dispersed campground to be cut down. That would come soon after its closed in a month or so IMO.
But these weren’t near the van. I thought they were near where the body was found. That wasn’t on the YouTube video.

Now we have this Jessica Schultz coming out and saying she saw Brian on the the evening of August 26th at 8:10pm at Spread Creek Campground. So now* it seems we have to go back even further and suggest Gabby could have been killed the night of the 25th into the early morning hours of the 26th. Jessica said they weren't even in a designated campsite but more of a parking spot and had none of their equipment or anything unpacked the whole time the van was parked there. "A few days." Could Gabby and Brian have arrived the evening of the 25th after dark, stopped at Spread Creek but didn't know where to camp or whom to talk to about getting a spot so they just parked the van in that random spot, something happened, Brian kills Gabby, then disposes of her across the river from where the van was parked. Brian returns to the van to recompose himself and more or less "hides" in the van. On the next evening of the 27th Brian is spotted (allegedly) closing the back door to the van as that couple drives by filming. Then, perhaps on the morning of the 28th Brian finally comes out of whatever bizarre, catatonic, trance he's been in the last few days and hikes out of Spread Creek on foot and seemingly wanders round the park until he approaches Miranda Lambert and her boyfriend on the evening of the 29th at Coulter Bay Village. Also, I watched Jessica Schultz's other TikTok videos and I 100% agree with her theory about why Brian freaked out and asked to get let out at Jackson Lake Dam. It seems Brian wanted get closer to Spread Creek Campground but also did not want to give anyone any hints that that was where he was heading. Back for the van. Taking that "Teton Park Road" would have bypassed Spread Creek Campground and Forest Rd 30290 completely. ~Yet another theory.

TikTok witness who noticed ‘creepy’ Laundrie alone directed police to Petito’s body

Entirely possible and suits all the facts I know so far (I am trying to follow closely)

The whole issue of how people...behave...in unreserved campgrounds and the stress it puts on Van Lifers is something I'm quite interested in. People have expectations. They think of a particular scenic campsite but they arrive too late or the campground is impossibly full. Leads to stress.

Have seen it between couples or within families several times.

I don't know that Brian was trying to hide where he was going, but I do think he was going only by memory and not by map as to where he wanted to go (back to Spread Creek - so that particular fork in the highway disturbed him). The Teton Park Road route is the scenic route (and there are, btw, at least two constantly streaming webcams there, because we watch those cams almost every morning and remember our time there fondly). The other road (that leads to Spread Creek) is more prosaic.

Brian and Gabby were high school sweethearts, weren't they?

Gabby Petito Case: Couple's High School Friend Says 'They Were Living the Dream'

Petito and Laundrie had known each other for years. They met in high school and dated off and on since then.

Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie's relationship progressed from high school sweethearts to a national tragedy. - Techno Trenz

Petito аnd Lаundrie were high school sweetheаrts who met in New York when they were teenаgers. They were both students аt Bаyport Blue Point High School on Long Islаnd, New York. However, whether they аctuаlly dаted in high school or reconnected аfter grаduаtion is unknown.

Petito hаd been working аs а phаrmаcy techniciаn for а while when she begаn dаting Briаn Lаundrie in 2019.

The couple begаn dаting in Mаrch 2019 аnd got engаged in July 2020, more thаn а yeаr lаter.

Petito reportedly moved in with Lаundrie in his pаrents’ home in North Port, Floridа, two yeаrs аgo.

I think he could well have been listed as Stan, he'd been calling Gabby's number, apparently and Gabby or somebody using her phone texted her mother about his calls. So whoever it was that sent that text knew the relationship between Gabby's mother and Stan.
It wouldn't be likely that a stranger would know where to refer those calls.
It could be possibly she has more than one living grandfather and has them listed by something like Grandpa Stan and Grandpa Name. If so, then it would depend on how she entered the names in the fields as to how it was displayed when she received calls or texts from him.

I am not a MOD, but since Brian is a POI, and that is his residence, I think the property would be ok. As long as no one is actually sleuthing his parents lives, it’s his residence too. I think? Lol
The residence was declared a crime scene by FBI. Don’t have a link to the video, but I’m sure it’s on the media thread. MOO

Earlier is was suggested that the marks in the tree were caused by bullets.
I don't think he shot Gabby personally, because I believe shots would have been heard. There were other campers in the general area. Having camped in the wilderness myself, it is so very quiet.

No one has come forward that shots were heard, at least that we know of.
But...maybe someone has.
Shooting would have caused a big ruckus and lots of attention. People would be actively looking for the source of the gunfire , imo. They are all camped with their families and they would want to know why there was shooting. JMO
Gun shots would be normal as I think I remember it stated that elk is hunted in that area or nearby.
In a campground area? I have never heard of hunting being allowed in a National Park Campground area. But who knows?

Hello all! My first time posting. I just barely noticed, on the Nomadic Statik Spotify account, the playlist which was once called "Self Consumption" was changed to have nothing in the title. It seems like this change, or a change, was made to the playlist today.

Welcome to Websleuths,
imcannamae !!

Watching Brian Entin's latest news segment on his Twitter page.. he mentions how dark the house is inside and how even when they went around all 3 sides of the house (that they could get to without trespassing) they couldn't see any lights on. He said it had been like that the whole time he's been there covering the story at the house.

My first thought was..no lights on makes it easy to conceal how many people are inside. Easier for BL to slip out or even come and go at some point.

Jmo/moo

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1440503992614670340?s=19

I think he could well have been listed as Stan, he'd been calling Gabby's number, apparently and Gabby or somebody using her phone texted her mother about his calls. So whoever it was that sent that text knew the relationship between Gabby's mother and Stan.
It wouldn't be likely that a stranger would know where to refer those calls.

Do we know if BL listened to the ‘Stan’ voicemails? He would have had to have access to her PW unless they mutually had each other’s PW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa