Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
BL could be squatting in an old abandoned house.There are tons where I live and people do it all the time.He could get all his food and supplies delivered with Doordash,Instacart,Uber,Grubhub or others and never even have to answer his door.

You have to prepay with a card of some sort for those. If only. That would leave a trail.
I don’t see BL as a resourceful survivalist on the lam. If he is still alive , possibly anyone connected to him is being watched & can’t hypothetically help (and seriously foolish if they do IMO) …so he may fold soon.

MOO

BL could be squatting in an old abandoned house.There are tons where I live and people do it all the time.He could get all his food and supplies delivered with Doordash,Instacart,Uber,Grubhub or others and never even have to answer his door.
True, but he (or his parents) would need to use his phone/computer & a credit card (potentially a gift card if they pre-planned.)

Watching this live stream of the search and I'm feeling less and less assured that they are going to find him. I'm not sure what the answer is here, but I'm leaning towards they should just call off the search and hope he turns up? Is that crazy? I just feel really horrible for these searchers and I hope that there is some really good certainty that he's actively in this area because, sheeesh - this terrain. :/

There were unconfirmed rumours that he has a Florida CCW license, which allows guns to be flown between states with reciprocity/mutual agreement.

Both Utah (so, SLC) and Wyoming have reciprocity agreements with Florida.

Flying with a gun (legally declaring it at the airport) is a major PITA and puts the legal gun owner at risk of arrest for some confusion of complicated state and airport gun laws by airport personnel or law enforcement, etc. It would be much easier to just ship the gun ahead.

Carrying the gun between states in a car, with knowledge of local gun laws and permit reciprocity is much easier.

Where would he have gotten a gun? There was some discussion around 10 threads ago or more, about how he couldn't have brought a gun with him from his quick trip to Florida, because of airport security and all. Where/how would he have gotten a gun after arriving back in SLC? Doesn't seem possible.
There is a 2017 pic of his room and what looks to be a gun.

PICTURED: Inside the bedroom of Brian Laundrie as search continues for boyfriend of Gabby Petito | Daily Mail Online

Flying with a gun (legally declaring it at the airport) is a major PITA and puts the legal gun owner at risk of arrest for some confusion of complicated state and airport gun laws by airport personnel or law enforcement, etc. It would be much easier to just ship the gun ahead.

Carrying the gun between states in a car, with knowledge of local gun laws and permit reciprocity is much easier.
Shipping guns is FFL to FFL, it's actually much easier to lock them in checked baggage.

Brian Entin on Twitter
Here is the witness statement re: Moab, Utah incident. “at one point they were sort of fighting over a phone – I think the male took the female’s phone. It appeared he didn’t want her in the white van.” “It was as if the guy was trying to leave her, and maybe take her phone?”

9:32 AM · Sep 22, 2021·Twitter Web App
great find - did you already post to the media thread? Thanks for keeping it updated throughout this whole case -

I am not certain, but I think the timeline for when the vanlife trip started is wrong. In the beginning I kept hearing that it started from New York after they ateended a family event there. But in my mind it started in Florida when they left there to go to NY. I am not sure when they shot there tiktok video of camping on the AT, but I could easily picture them taking their time to drive to New York to stop and see the sites. Still not 3-4 months, though. Maybe they had been telling people that to make it sound more like they were legit Vanlifers rather than just van vacationers.

Even if it’s not three to four months, the Youtube video doesn’t seem to contain much, if any footage from the the vast majority of their journey from the east coast to way out west to Utah, Idaho and Wyoming. The other footage used in the montage seems to be from their first roadtrip when they used Gabby’s car.

I wonder if the hard drive they found in the van might have recoverable footage that BL may have deleted from the earlier ~2,500 mile portion of their trip?

MOO but I've been thinking about how does BL go from Spread Creek to Colter Bay Village. Looking at most of the trails/paths available that would be reasonable to take I think I noticed something interesting.

On pretty much all of the 'quick' routes between the two on foot, he would've had to walk roadside at a couple of points, these roadside portions of the route are conveniently always alongside the Snake River.

I believe this is the main reason he specifically stated he had been hiking the Snake River to the TikToker who had picked him up. Because he knew that was the only place he had potentially been seen on his trip from Spread Creek to Colter Bay. This way any witnesses that saw him make that trip could corroborate 'yeah, that guy was just hiking the Snake River'. JMO though.

What really did it for me is the video of her making breakfast - she says “Brian is doing some yoga” she hesitated before she said that. He is clearly not doing yoga - he is sitting there. And then she whispers into the camera “I’m going to steal some of his granola”. Within a few seconds of her saying that he is like right next to her looking over her shoulder and pacing in the background . Odd. Something right there from that interaction alone gave me a bad vibe about him….

I tend to agree, having looked through Instagram and MSM photos of them together, in almost every one she is leaning away from him slightly, never leaning into him and I think that is very telling!

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member