Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is partly why I question his supposed trip back to Florida between the 16th and 23rd actually. If he did have a gun, I don’t think he’d have left it either with GP alone or just unaccompanied in the van, and I think it’s not too much of a stretch to imagine someone with a CCW might take a gun on a roadtrip involving periods camping in wild wilderness and bear country.

Even before I had my CCW, I (legally) took a firearm with me when camping solo out west, mostly for protection from a chance wildlife encounter that could endanger me.

Even without a CCW, you can legally travel to other states with firearms. Not all, but a good many.

Agreed. We are so saturated with water down here that if he is in there he would find very few places to really hide which are not also occupied by snakes and gators. If he is deceased I don't think after a few days there would be much left. They seem to keep going back, though, so they must know something. They don't do things on a whim with such great expense and manpower. I really just want to know what the parents know and am hoping they are talking and the public has just not been informed.

If he's been eaten by a gator, his body will never be found. Gators eat bones and all. Certainly BL knows that, so I wonder if he GTH outta there before things got so wet. Frustrating to contemplate, isn't it??

Welcome to Websleuths,
normsmom !!

I saw a comment earlier, and can't remember which thread, saying that their theory was BL abandoned the van after the incident and was "hiking" the creek/rivers as a potential alibi (you know, I wasn't even there, yadda yadda) whenever he was allegedly picked up. This made me think, if he really was picked up, was he staying close enough to monitor the area but far enough to say he hadn't been there? He gets in the girl's car for a ride and realizes it's taking him away from the van and he won't know what's going on so he freaked out and got out?

So, maybe he went to the reserve to kill himself, that's possible, of course, but I keep coming back to the fact that he could have killed himself anywhere, and if that was his plan, it might make better sense to do it where he would be easily found so his parents didn't suffer. JMOO

I don't think Brian Laundrie cares about anyone's suffering, including his parents.

Just another point about the dogs.

I'm not sure how hot it is in this area right now but when it is hot, dogs tend to breathe through their mouths rather than their noses. Panting is a way to cool down,

They won't last long in those conditions and overheat quite easily. Once they move to mouth breathing they CAN'T SMELL.

My guess is that they have an overabundance of dogs because they will only be good for short periods of time, will need to rest and cool down, and sub in a different dog to take over.

The conditions these dogs are working under are extremely harsh. Heat Exhaustion would be a real concern.

Its time for someone to offer at least a $50-$100K reward for information that leads to BL's capture. There's nothing like cold, hard cash to loosen lips.
Brian is a human being. He's going to get hungry. He's going to need to clean himself up. He needs to relieve himself. He needs toilet paper, water, a change of clean clothes. He's going to need someone to provide these things, or he's going to have to provide them for himself. He's the star of this show, so he's going to look for free WiFi to keep up on his fame and keep track of where he thinks the bulk of the searches for him are. Look for him in internet cafe's, motels, fast food places - if he's on his own. Otherwise, he's got a relative stashing him away somewhere.

He's a loner only to the extent that its in his nature to be so. Actually, he's been almost fully dependent upon his Mommy and Daddy for food, shelter and unwavering support. His independence is an illusion. He's in his twenties, jobless and living off the family. That kind of behavior will continue.

The tweet from this mornings search showed this sweet face and I was wondering if we could tell which kind of dog it is, but it sounds like it's not possible to tell just by the breed: https://twitter.com/NorthPortPolice/status/1440670269681532929?s=20

Looks very Belgian Malinois to me, but even experts can't always tell. Mals have become exceedingly popular for protection training, SAR, etc. Working dogs need drive, and Mals are pretty much in overdrive whenever they're not sleeping.

So, maybe he went to the reserve to kill himself, that's possible, of course, but I keep coming back to the fact that he could have killed himself anywhere, and if that was his plan, it might make better sense to do it where he would be easily found so his parents didn't suffer. JMOO
I have this same thought. If he was going to kill himself in remorse, it probably wouldve happened sooner. If its fear of capture, then why put your parents through this. I know its possible he's selfish, but I dunno. MOO

I am hoping she uploaded footage to her laptop that the FBI acquired.

I almost put that in my post, hoping that she had an edited next video that was nearly ready for upload, but I don't think I'd feel comfortable watching a video of the Happy couple loving their journey. Maybe if it was used by a DV watch channel raising money for awareness.

If he's been eaten by a gator, his body will never be found. Gators eat bones and all. Certainly BL knows that, so I wonder if he GTH outta there before things got so wet. Frustrating to contemplate, isn't it??

My opinion--that's precisely why he went there. LE has to know that, though, so why are they putting so much effort into a search for a dead body that may be impossible to find in that terrain? Is is definitely frustrating to contemplate, as you say!

There's been a lot of questions about the video from the helicopter from when they discovered Gabby's body. I don't believe that part of the video exists anywhere. It was from KSL5 and I was watching on facebook while they had a helicopter flying over the area. It went over where there was a huddle of people, the tent hadn't been put up yet. Then it started to make a bigger circle, headed toward the road and then started over to where the edge of the stream or river was. That's when you could see a body, in a clear area near the water. The newscaster immediately said something like "should we be filming this?" and then the body was out of frame. It was not buried, and I noticed later, when I went back to see if what I thought I saw was really a body, it was gone. I haven't seen it since, it's not any of the photos or videos that are being put out there on news stations or twitter or youtube. My guess it, it's been deleted. So if you're looking for a body in any of the current videos, it's not there, it's off camera of where they're setting up the tent.

Thank you for clearing that up. When I was watching live after that time, they were replaying edited helicopter footage and the anchor said that their copter spotted what they believed to be a body but they would not be showing the footage.

He obviously doesn't care about anyone's suffering. jmo

MOO
I think the youtube video was her first one. She's been instagramming and tik Toking, but this was to be her introductory video to her channel. Obviously her channel is a work in progress because it looks very incomplete. I'm sure there is a large learning curve to start with and she hadn't got over it yet. That was putting a lot of stress on their relationship. Usually people build a delay into their videos, either because they don't want to advertise where they are in real time or it just takes them that long to get it edited and upload. So I think that the next video would have included more of their current trip. Sadly she never got the chance.

But you’d think that if there was a delay, it would start with at least something from the 2,700-ish miles between the start of their trip and when Gabby first talks directly to camera at about 4:30 in the vid. At that point, from the landscape and surroundings, IMO they’re already almost all the way across the USA.

JMO but I think something happened with the footage, photos and perhaps other pieces where Gabby talked to the camera. Just strikes me as odd that there’s essentially nothing from across the twelve or thirteen states that their journey covered between when they left FL for Gabby’s brother’s graduation in Long Island and when we first see her speak directly to camera/the audience.

He obviously doesn't care about anyone's suffering. jmo
My opinion--that's precisely why he went there. LE has to know that, though, so why are they putting so much effort into a search for a dead body that may be impossible to find in that terrain? Is is definitely frustrating to contemplate, as you say!
YUP. Could be gator fecal matter.......................yecch

This is the part that bugs me. I truly cannot fathom his parents being (from what we can discern and speculate) this composed if they are seriously worried about their son committing suicide. As someone who once ran away from my parents to attempt to take my own life, I can't imagine how his parents can seem so unconcerned. My parents were calling everyone they could think of when they realized something was off––the Laundries just seem a little too composed for parents of a child they believe to be in crisis, MOO.
Where are you seeing BL'S parents to make this observation of not being concerned? They are down for the count seems to me. They're in hiding too.

So I was thinking at 2 am when I couldn’t sleep. If Brian is alive, his house backs up to an alley right? I think it’s possible that in the cover of darkness, and with his parents house being dark at night, he sneaks in at night and he’s sleeping comfortably in his bed after a hot shower and poking fun at the media because they don’t see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23