Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sad that such a beautiful person never finished the life she wanted to live. All the adventures she still had yet to have. Finding a wonderful life partner, getting married, having children, and experiencing being a grandmother.

All of that taken away. I'm so sorry to know how her family right now is suffering, knowing they will never see her again. Gabby didn't deserve this kind of ending in a act of violence.

I never met her but I know she was a wonderful young lady with so much life in front of her now taken away.

Thanks to all who made finding her, happen as quickly as they did. I know I will never forget her or that she meant the world to so many who never even met her, like me.

If he’s been deceased for awhile, then how does that explain the new activity on his Spotify?
I posted two days ago that a new photo was uploaded to his account on Sept. 15 that wasn’t found anywhere else on the internet with a reverse photo search. It was still on his account on Sept 20. That same day, a new photo (still on his acct.) was loaded after I posted that comment.
New photo here:
- playlist by Nomadic Statik | Spotify

And the shirt looks the same as in this photo...
possible-laundrie-1.jpg

image_1632250059-jpg.314020

I thought this too at first, just based on the tone, but the deercam image tshirt doesn't seem to have a logo on it, as the first image does, to my eyes. Does anyone see the logo on the second image?

Earlier this year, I had a situation which would have had me sneaking INTO Cuba. Luckily the situation resolved 2 days before I had to do that but my calculation (and research) was that with cash in the Keys area, I would be able to find someone with a boat who would be able to get me there. Getting IN isn't the tough part and there are miles of uninhabited shoreline with tiny villages within walking distance where one could both hide and get supplies. With American $$ one could hole up for a long while there.
I don't know how resourceful BL is, but he could've made it to CUBA in a day. Unless he went to Havana, chances are villagers would 1) turn a blind eye for cash, 2) have NO access to outside news so wouldn't know he is a fugitive.

I tend to agree, having looked through Instagram and MSM photos of them together, in almost every one she is leaning away from him slightly, never leaning into him and I think that is very telling!

MOO

I agree that Gabby “leaning out” in many pictures with BL is an important clue to their relationship. She may not have even realized she was doing it, but it is information to consider since it can be seen in multiple photos.

upload_2021-9-22_9-26-33.jpeg
Mom of missing Florida girl, 22, pleads for help to find her daughter | Daily Mail Online
Definitely a lean out/away IMHO

upload_2021-9-22_9-17-26.jpeg
Login • Instagram
Both seem to be leaning out even though GP has her arm around his neck IMHO

upload_2021-9-22_9-31-35.jpeg
Brian Laundrie, person of interest in Gabby Petito disappearance, is missing, officials say
Smiling but leaning away IMHO

upload_2021-9-22_9-37-10.jpeg
Gabby Petito's family and friends urge fiance to come forward
Even their engagement picture seems a bit of a “lean away” IMHO.

Especially compared to their “first date” picture below:
upload_2021-9-22_9-50-25.jpeg
Moab murders not connected to missing Gabby Petito case, Utah sheriff now says
The relationship seemed to start out so close so soon. It is a complete tragedy that it ended like it did instead of a typical break up, you-go-your-way-I’ll-go-mine agreement IMHO.

These are a examples I remember WITH the links to each MSM source for substantiation. Does it mean anything? Maybe, psychologically, it might indicate there was not as close an emotional bond and they had hoped their engagement would bring. Gabby seemed so enthusiastic and upbeat - sunshine and rainbows and positivity. Someone with a darker cloudier disposition would perhaps be a good balance - or a very challenging partner to engage with 24/7. I am just so sad that her light has been snuffed out.

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-22_9-15-8.jpeg
    upload_2021-9-22_9-15-8.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 68
  • upload_2021-9-22_9-29-37.jpeg
    upload_2021-9-22_9-29-37.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 64
  • upload_2021-9-22_9-31-11.jpeg
    upload_2021-9-22_9-31-11.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 61
I think he didn't want her telling anyone that he (BL) was abusing her.

That makes sense, however, based on her conversation in the body cam footage would she have really told anyone? She took all the blame for everything that happened and I feel like she was hiding that part of her relationship from her parents-protecting him, in a way.
Its probably something really simple like that, but I just can't shake the feeling that it held something that was going to rock his little world.

i can’t credit this to original poster who said they live 15 mins away from Carlton Reserve so please delete of not allowed. I copied this because I found it informative and apparently it may shed some light on questions people here have about the reserve:

If you took a team of Navy Seals and dropped them off in the middle of this reserve, theyd not last very long, granted longer than most folks, but not more than 3-4 days at the max. What you cant see from the news choppers is that the swamp is almost impossible to manuever through. From the air all you see is grass. That 'grass' is anywhere from 3 feet tall to over your head. Furthermore, the ground that grass grows on, floats on top of water in many areas. You aint walking through it. Forget about the millions of deadly snakes and spiders, and silly gators, the mosquitos will literally eat a person alive, a person stuck in that situation would lose his effin mind from the nonstop relentless onslaught of squeeter bites, up your nose, in your eyes, in your ears, bite bite bite.... Now if all those things werent bad enough theres one more thing thats more deadly than all those things combined. The humidity. It gets soo hot and humid in a swamp, you'd never survive without a constant supply of drinking water and shade. You cant drink swamp water, its brackish, a combination of fresh water and salt water. And for those that have suggested he could be up in a tree....NO. Not a chance in hell. I dare anyone to go into a swamp and climb a tree, ill call the paramedics you now. Ya know whats in ALL those trees? ANTS. All kinds of ants, and they all bite,some with deadly results. Fire ants even swim!! They clump up into massive balls, millions of them, and they float across the water. If you swam or stepped into that, you'd be dead within the hour. So imo, there is absolutely zero chance he'd be in there, he knew all of this, he lives there, hell we all know these things down here. Ironically, the gators are the least of his worries, you can swim with them and typicaly, gators will leave a person alone, even if youre in the water 10 feet from them. Now mating season is a bit different. In that case, if you get close to a gator den, you sir are ****** royally. I once came up on a gator while in my flat bottom boat, i simply didnt see it, stealty little fellas. He popped up next to me and lunged for me, landing half way in the boat. I smacked it with my fishing rod, its all i had, and it took off. I may have peed a little. But that is about the only time you should be leary of a gator.
Agreed, people keeping taken words in these videos so literally like its something written in a crime novel and the words were selected carefully by the writer. Its real life, people use idioms and short cuts and such.
i can’t credit this to original poster who said they live 15 mins away from Carlton Reserve so please delete of not allowed. I copied this because I found it informative and apparently it may shed some light on questions people here have about the reserve:

If you took a team of Navy Seals and dropped them off in the middle of this reserve, theyd not last very long, granted longer than most folks, but not more than 3-4 days at the max. What you cant see from the news choppers is that the swamp is almost impossible to manuever through. From the air all you see is grass. That 'grass' is anywhere from 3 feet tall to over your head. Furthermore, the ground that grass grows on, floats on top of water in many areas. You aint walking through it. Forget about the millions of deadly snakes and spiders, and silly gators, the mosquitos will literally eat a person alive, a person stuck in that situation would lose his effin mind from the nonstop relentless onslaught of squeeter bites, up your nose, in your eyes, in your ears, bite bite bite.... Now if all those things werent bad enough theres one more thing thats more deadly than all those things combined. The humidity. It gets soo hot and humid in a swamp, you'd never survive without a constant supply of drinking water and shade. You cant drink swamp water, its brackish, a combination of fresh water and salt water. And for those that have suggested he could be up in a tree....NO. Not a chance in hell. I dare anyone to go into a swamp and climb a tree, ill call the paramedics you now. Ya know whats in ALL those trees? ANTS. All kinds of ants, and they all bite,some with deadly results. Fire ants even swim!! They clump up into massive balls, millions of them, and they float across the water. If you swam or stepped into that, you'd be dead within the hour. So imo, there is absolutely zero chance he'd be in there, he knew all of this, he lives there, hell we all know these things down here. Ironically, the gators are the least of his worries, you can swim with them and typicaly, gators will leave a person alone, even if youre in the water 10 feet from them. Now mating season is a bit different. In that case, if you get close to a gator den, you sir are ****** royally. I once came up on a gator while in my flat bottom boat, i simply didnt see it, stealty little fellas. He popped up next to me and lunged for me, landing half way in the boat. I smacked it with my fishing rod, its all i had, and it took off. I may have peed a little. But that is about the only time you should be leary of a gator.

I now have a new definition of he77! What an absolutely horrible and colorful description! Those poor searchers and dogs! I hope he’s found ASAP to get those brave searchers out of there! What a nightmare and thanks for sharing

@PeiSzeCheng4NY

Mourners stop by a growing memorial for Gabby Petito in North Port, Florida. The town even put up signs designating this an area for the memorial
It always amazes me how many wonderful, kind people there are in the world. These are people who likely never knew or even met Gabby and yet they grieve the loss of another human being.

If he was in the Carlton Reserve, I think a helicopter with a heat-seeking camera would've picked him up in there by now.

I'm a great believer that he was caught on the Deer Trail Cam in Baker, FL which is 500 miles north.
The man in the footage looks just like him, especially the ears.
The man in the footage also does NOT look like a hunter, and it was taken at 06.14hrs. I think he was up early and carrying on with his running away.
Couldn't this be checked out and verified or debunked by the dogs? His scent is there or it's not. The trail camera guy knows where this is so this was probably easily checked out and it's not him. JMO

If he came here to the Mississippi Gulf Coast, or a lil farther west to New Orleans, his accent wouldn't be noticeable.
New York & New Orleans accents (and this area of MS) are similar.
I just went back & listened to more of Brian talking, and I don’t detect an accent. So it must be something I'm used to hearing.
When I visited NYC, people would ask where I was from.
"the Mississippi Gulf Coast."
"No you're nottt!!"
Interesting. I can spot a New Orleans accent a mile away and it sounds very different from a NY accent to me. But I've never been to your area, so I'll concede that. It does seem a lot of migration between NY and the gulf area.

Maybe, maybe not. Gators also like to stash their kills and come back over and over to tear off chunks. Like squirrels burying nuts for the winter.
That's true -- let us hope that's the case if that's what happened.

You know the parents could save a (little) face here by getting on TV and pleading for BL to turn himself in. I know if it was my son, I would be flipped out with everyone searching for him. I would be out there trying to find him first out of fear for his safety.

I think it was an Introductory video saying This Is Who We Are so it included all the things that make up their travels. And the next video would have been the actual Vanlife video of their current adventure.

Weirdly, for me, it’s exactly the lack of any “This Is Who We Are” kind of introduction, no “Hi, I’m Gabby, this is my boyfriend Brian, welcome to the channel as we start our epic adventure across the USA,” kind of thing, which makes it feel off IMO.

The way Gabby starts, as if we know who they are and why they’re there in the tent, is what makes me feel like the first piece to camera that we see in this video wasn’t necessarily the first of those pieces that Gabby filmed, or that Gabby thought the audience would have seen when she filmed it. JMO as ever!

Last edited:
I'm incredibly unnerved by the idea that when the couple drove by and recorded the white van parked at Spread Creek, we now know BL was likely inside the back, hiding. I've read that there was a small foot bridge nearby. I now wonder if that bridge is the very reason he parked in that spot, so he could more easily carry her body across the water. It seems like if she died elsewhere and he carried her there, he would have chosen a more wooded location, though. But I guess maybe he needed something easy to traverse, maybe at night?

So I'm probably going to get dragged for this but I just had some thoughts that I wanted to get out there. This is going to sound nuts but I don't get a bad feeling from him. I haven't since day one. I know he killed her. Without a doubt. But I don't think it was premeditated. I don't get a Chris Watts feeling at all.b I think it was a fight that got WAY out of hand and it was an accident. My guess is it's probably going to be blunt Force trauma. I'm sure they spent just way too much time together one-on-one with no breaks. My guess is all of the sightings of him and the van from that point on was him either trying to set an alibi or him just trying to figure out what the hell to do next. In all reality he's still just a kid. And no offense to this generation but they definitely are not as self-reliant as older generations are. I'm wondering if he debated not going back when he flew to Florida for the storage unit but he didn't want to leave her out there all by herself? Just the thought that if he had sent one of her family members or one of his out there instead things would have been totally different. And I sure that his parents are helping cover it up which is not the right thing but can any of us honestly say that if our child was in that situation we wouldn't help also? I'm one of the most honest people you'd probably ever meet and I can't say for sure that I wouldn't. I'm willing to bet he's probably committed suicide and they just haven't found him yet. And I'm willing to bet that the reason the family all of a sudden is willing to help is because they suspect this too and their panicking. It's just a sad situation all around.

What I will say also about the police video is it is so chilling to me to see things like that because all I could think the whole time was this poor girl only had a few days or weeks left to live. It was just haunting me to watch. To watch him who seemed like such a nice guy on the video and her who just seemed like this young sweet kid. And just to wonder what happened next.

It's all just so sad for everybody. It just makes my heart hurt.

I do hope that he is out there alive still. If he made a mistake and killed her, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, then I would hope a second mom doesn't have to bury their child. Even if he did kill her no mom should have to do that.
I do agree with you that her death was not planned, however per the recently released 911 call where the witness saw him chasing her, slapping her, I do think he has a violent side that takes over. I think that violent tendency led to a decision to murder her out of anger. This case reminds me of battered women who say “but he is so nice to me when he is not abusing me, he can be nice", the abuse negates the nice. Yes, the environment, being together for months can contribute to stress and fighting but for most, that is as far as it goes. Unless you already have a predisposition to violence either through learned behavior or a personality/character flaw, it’s not going to lead to abuse or murder. It will be ironic if in what I believe is his parents attempt to protect him from consequences, leads to him harming himself. I understand getting a lawyer, I understand that is their right but there is a huge disconnect between doing what is right for the right reasons and doing what is legal for the wrong reasons. A choice they avoided was cooperating with LE with the guidance of their attorney, work out a deal for reduced sentencing, get their son the help he needs. IMOO I think they hoping the body would never be found.

Can’t LE get records of all her calls and transcripts of all her texts even without the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27