Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happen to agree. I also think that Mr. Bertolino has been underestimated by the public here and, quite possibly, by the North Port Police Deaprtment... maybe even somewhat by the FBI. Bertolino has, in effect, told them to do their job. He has - IMO - clearly indicated that any mis-steps will cost the "people". And, I think it's been taken to heart. He seems to me to have an admirable grasp on the law... and how to apply it's principles. Maybe he wasn't the "rube" lowly real estate guy as some disparaged him. I dunno. I respect folks for not 'liking' him.

He apparently has criminal experience. I think the Laundries called him because they knew him. Not that it matters what connection is. Some mistakes and misspellings, have been made but they are relatively minor.

I do believe that he was surprised by the deluge of public interest snd opinion. Most cases like this get nothing like the focus this one has. I don’t know if he would have done things differently had he known. It depends upon what he was told by his clients. That’s a big deficit we have— we do not know what BL told parents or attorney. They have to use the information he gave them because what else would they know? They and he (BL) could have lied or misrepresented, hidden info.
But right now, Bertolino has reacted exactly the way a good criminal defense lawyer should to give clients most protection possible.
For all we know, BL told parents nothing. Just that he needed to talk to a lawyer. And the lawyer then telling Laundries that they are better and BL is better off if they all say nothing and no discussion of situation, and act normally.

i don’t know what FL laws are for reporting missing person. Laundries could not legally prevent adult son from leaving house. He could have just said, he needed to take walk to clear head a bit, going to those preserves. Could be a favorite spot of his so parents knew where he would likely park the car.
Where I blame the parents is the stonewalling of all info on Gabby. They could have mounted missing persons report sooner and known right then that she was left alone in the park. They really had no information. But then, that’s in BL’s favor, now. No one knows when he parted ways with GP, dead or alive. And leaves doubt in what possibly could have happened

Wouldn't you say that if a couple has experienced DV, and they continue to experience it, that provides intent? Just kind of riffing off what you said.

We aren't to speak of mental health issues, but that's the only way that there was no "intent" in this case. IMO. BL was seen slapping Gabby and chasing her down the street in Moab. He also seems in possession of rational faculties when LE stops him (except for his driving, whic... Truncated by me
I believe it would also be classified as murder if he chased her and she fell resulting in her death.

They never shared the return view where the van would appear on the passenger side. They only showed an alternate view of the same clip where the camera is facing the driver/Mr. Bethune and you can see the Transit as they pass. This BOTHERS ME.
I swear I saw a video of the return view. The one that was slow-mo. Searching for it..

Good question! hmmm...prepaid phone cards?
He would need the ability to charge it.

I used to work in a grocery store in an area with high drug traffic and a lot of our local well-known druggies would buy the burner phones and then pay with cash to load them either through gift cards or by pre-loading with Western Union with cash (this required them to fill out a paper so a lot of them didn't use this option).
They're relatively untraceable and/or you just keep purchasing the pre-paid phones.
I know that BL may not have the luxury of just running in and purchasing more pre-paid phones but his parents or someone else who may be helping him hide out could be purchasing reloadable phone cards with cash and putting them on his burner phone from the comfort of their own home.

When you watch the full video, he explains that he has two cameras - one facing the road and one facing him while he is driving - because their viewers seem to enjoy that setup. He realized at some point when they turned around at the end of the camp ground and no spots were found back there, that he was recording and turned the cameras off. So you're seeing only one direction of driving (them entering the camp ground), but two different camera views.
Makes sense!

They never shared the return view where the van would appear on the passenger side. They only showed an alternate view of the same clip where the camera is facing the driver/Mr. Bethune and you can see the Transit as they pass. This BOTHERS ME.

EBM:

sorry, deleted my original response bc of brain fog…the Bethunes said in their video that the only reason they have the video to begin with was because the husband forgot and left the GoPro on. It was just providence that they have the video to begin with.
JMO

This is not the area for someone on the run to hide, I don't know why folks think that would even be an option for this guy. Not only would civilians be on high alert, but there's a lot of security cameras, facial recognition, etc.

I definitely agree that civilians being on high alert for Brian makes hiding in plain sight more challenging, but I don't think facial recognition would be too much of a concern. Because of the pandemic, many people are wearing masks (especially in NYC and the surrounding suburbs where it's common to wear masks indoors and outdoors, from my recent experience) which would make it easier for him to stay under the radar. In fact, IMO it might (ironically) be easier for him to hide NYC than the Florida panhandle just because of how prevalent mask-wearing is there––it's a built-in excuse for trying to evade detection.

Correct. We on Long Island know what he looks like and are always keeping an eye out just in case

I think the FBI must be overwhelmed with tips of Brian sightings. I live in a town on a west coast highway and yesterday I saw a guy with a backpack who looked just like him. Same white ball cap. I did a double take and almost turned my car around to look again. It's a popular tourist area so not unusual to see travelers with backpacks.

I believe that was the basis for initiating the missing person's report. It has no insight at all into what types of communication has been had with the police or fbi before or after that. We do know that they did not go forward with a press conference, that would have given a bit more insight to the public, BECAUSE the fbi asked them not to. I think this matters and sheds at least some light that they have been communicating and cooperating with law enforcement.
It is clearly stated in the redacted search warrant (for GP's van) that BL's parents refused to allow BL to speak with law enforcement. If they have been cooperating it has been with their, or BL's, attorney. JMO

Do you think FBI/LE believe he’s deceased in the nature reserve, and that’s the reason they keep on with the searches?

No. They have to keep on search because they have a missing person report filed by parents indicating that BL is danger to self or others. And they have the whole fricking country and world watching them.
Bear in mind BL is not accused of anything criminal right now. He is NOT a murder suspect. Also , remember, Florida refused to issue Missing Persons report for Gabby when this wasn’t big news. Also local LE wasn’t exactly hot on the search there initially. Stopped before dark, stopped for a whole. Announced it was done. ETc, etc. now they are under pressure. Also FBI involved. So they have to step to it.

No, I don't work in his lawyer's office, not even sort of and don't know why my ideas would incline you to attempt to dispute what I shared based solely on an attempt at condescension and emotions without a single fact to support your position. I simply stated facts, mainly because I appreciate debates based on such. Wish this would become something of value.
Here is a fact for you.
The reporter Brian Entin, as well as the photographer for the DM have documented that The Laundries mustang was gone on Tuesday and back on Wednesday. The North Port police were called to the Laundries on Friday and told that Brian had left for the reserve on Tuesday and the parents brought the Mustang home Wed. The lawyer later released a statement claiming that the Mustang was returned on Thursday. It was a lie based on factual evidence. (All available in the media thread).
Here is another. The Laundries called LE to report Brian missing on Friday. Later this week, the lawyer attempted to claim, that they had actually reported he was missing on Tuesday. north Port LE say that there was no such report made to them. lie.
No, this lawyer and this family are not even meeting the basic criteria of telling the truth. Instead, they are changing stories to influence the public when they are criticized for their actions.

Please forgive my typos I am on a bad connection on my phone

Do you think FBI/LE believe he’s deceased in the nature reserve, and that’s the reason they keep on with the searches?

I think they're doing both simultaneously; looking for a body, and looking for a living person.

I just think they're more focused on the former at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy