Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wait 3 days to report your son missing?....

1. He's not missing, he's running, and they know it.
2. He's been gone for days at a time on previous hiking excursions, so this wasn't unusual until Friday. (Curious to know if there is a history of this)
3. He went "hiking" and didn't come back, they suspect he's running, and want to give him a head start.

Am I missing a scenario?

I'm trying to wrap my head around why they wouldn't be concerned about him missing in this environment until 3 days after he left.

Why pick up the car, but not notify police he was missing then? Why pick up the car at all? If you are trying to cover for him, why not leave it there? Why point LE to this location at all after taking the car, unless they believed by then he was long gone?

If they really went to the car because they were concerned about him and then saw the note left on it, why not report it then? It doesn't make sense unless running was either a plan they knew about OR strongly suspected.

Am I missing a scenario that doesn't point to his parents giving him time to run?

Either he returned and tossed out all of her things or NEVER allowed her to decorate.
The photo is probably from 2018 when the house was listed for sale, and to be fair it might not be his bedroom. If they were sharing that room together, I'm guessing it would look completely transformed. They seemed to really love design, crafting together and decorating with plants.

Everything he used belonged to his parents or to Gabby.

Why do people enable a 23 year old? My husband and I raised four children. At that age we were NOT paying their bills, nor their rent, nor their car note.

And their friends didn’t live with us.
Just sayin.

Are you sure? And at his age, it’s not unusual that cars are registered in parents names for insurance preferences. I’m registered with two of my kids cars though they pay all expenses. Also these days not unusual that adult kids live with parents to save for home. In GP and BL Situation, they saved to buy that van and for this trip. Who saved how much, not given. But they both worked. I read Gabby traded her car for the van so it was likely more expedient and cost effective just to have plates transferred to van and leave in her name, especially if Mustang effectively BL’s. We don’t know who paid for what.

I have adult kids whom we helped out for various reasons at times. I don’t think it is so unusual, given they had this burning desire to take off time to make a cross country trek in van. It’s a great experience that family members would help out to achieve. That it turned out to be a tragedy was not foreseen

This is where I'm at. There were witnessed altercations in the days leading up to her death, BL was seen acting "weird" in WY around the time of her death, and now he has disappeared, presumably with a backpack and possible gun. This is a person in self- preservation mode. I think he's a danger to himself and others, especially LE. I don't think it's so far-fetched that he might be hiding in the swamp. He's not doing it for fun.

JMO

Ive been sitting here thinking GP was ONLY alive for 2-3 days after getting back with BL on the 24th in SLC

August 12 fight
August 13- back together
BL leaves 8/17 - 8/23 ( not sure? why???)
We have pics at Ogden right? uploaded on the 25th ( her bottom lip still bothers me) so could be on the 24th
August 25th - talks to Mom at Teton .Van seen at Jenny Lake.
Nothing for sure after that if has anyone seen GP

hmmm.... that didn't that long back together about 2 days and she is dead.

This is her last photo correct
Login • Instagram

And well they should have been alarmed when their son arrived home without Gabby. Why do you think that he would not tell police when and where he last saw her? Why did his parents support this?
Who knows what he told his parents? They needed space/split up/she found someone else/gave him the van to get back, etc, etc. It had happened before (on/off again relationship) so no reason to report GP missing initially.

Can someone please confirm 1) the date that GP's parents first tried to contact the Laundrie family and 2) when GP's parents approached LE to say she was missing? The time lag is really bothering me

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Why wait 3 days to report your son missing?....

1. He's not missing, he's running, and they know it.
2. He's been gone for days at a time on previous hiking excursions, so this wasn't unusual until Friday. (Curious to know if there is a history of this)
3. He went "hiking" and didn't come back, they suspect he's running, and want to give him a head start.

Am I missing a scenario?

I'm trying to wrap my head around why they wouldn't be concerned about him missing in this environment until 3 days after he left.

Why pick up the car, but not notify police he was missing then? Why pick up the car at all? If you are trying to cover for him, why not leave it there? Why point LE to this location at all after taking the car, unless they believed by then he was long gone?

If they really went to the car because they were concerned about him and then saw the note left on it, why not report it then? It doesn't make sense unless running was either a plan they knew about OR strongly suspected.

Am I missing a scenario that doesn't point to his parents giving him time to run?

same maddening questions running through my head here

https://twitter.com/abc7chicago/status/1440752895301799939?s=21

ABC's Dan Abrams explains why police have not issued an arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie in connection to the Gabby Petito case.

"They want to find him. Period. They are now devoting all of their resources as if there was an arrest warrant out for him. But there's still not officially an arrest warrant," Abrams said.

"Why not?" George Stephanopoulos asked on "Good Morning America" Thursday.

"I think that they want to gather all of the evidence so that they don't get accused in a trial later of making mistakes," Abrams said.

BBM

Does anyone else not think it is strange that his parents or attorney are not pleading for him to come out of hiding if he is actually in the area, As a parent of a son , I would be begging my child to come out of hiding before it gets any worse especially with the alligators,etc. <modsnip>

The photo is probably from 2018 when the house was listed for sale, and to be fair it might not be his bedroom. If they were sharing that room together, I'm guessing it would look completely transformed. They seemed to really love design, crafting together and decorating with plants.

I thought the photos were taken by police and leaked to the press.

I don't think anyone would think it strange for someone closely associated with a homicide to hire a qualified criminal defense lawyer. A qualified criminal defense lawyer may have been able to end this weeks ago with a negotiated surrender.

Bertolino has been criticized because he lost his client, he's not admitted to practice law in Florida, he doesn't practice criminal law outside of DUI, and he released false information about where the Mustang was on Tuesday. I don't see how anyone could think this is the right step to protect the defendant's rights.

And he possibly lied about the parents notifying LE on Tuesday that Brian was missing. Iirc, He made that statement to Chris Cuomo on CNN.

Secret Meaning Behind Gabby Petito’s Final Text To Her Mom Shows She May Have Been Begging For Help (msn.com)

I do not believe she was referencing the Eminem song (Stan) or begging her mom to Send The Authorities Now-I really think that is just people grasping at straws and that Eminem song reference is really out there, jmo.

IMO, it was BL trying to keep GP's parents from worrying by posing as GP and he accidentally called her grandfather by his first name.

.......and if STAN did not ring a bell with her mother than indeed it could have been Brian trying to cover for her disappearance.
In support of a warning: Lost my dad when I was six . My mother told me if either of us used the word MALVERN we were in trouble. Not a bad idea to have a safe word for an emergency. JMO

Anyone here know the year of the Mustang? For the OP, Mustangs are quite nice but they are not considered posh compared to alllll of the available vehicles available here in the US, unless we’re talking about the newer Shelby. I’d call the Mustang a middle of the row vehicle and depending on how old it is and/or when it was bought, could be quite affordable for him. I’ve seen some rumblings that his mom uses it too so perhaps they split the cost but I’m just speculating on that.

All of this brings me back to the SAME point/questions I’ve had for a week now. Why are we assuming either of them were destitute and had/have no money? There is no evidence to suggest this and it’s important when talking about the case in Brian’s instance because it suggests that he actually may have the means to go far for a while.

JMO
2012 V6 Convertible.

Everything he used belonged to his parents or to Gabby.

Why do people enable a 23 year old? My husband and I raised four children. At that age we were NOT paying their bills, nor their rent, nor their car note.

And their friends didn’t live with us.
Just sayin.

I wouldn't say his parents enabled him by letting their son stay at home. I'm 22 and my boyfriend and I have been living at my parents house since April 2020 after our university kicked everyone out of off-campus housing because of COVID. I just graduated this past May and I, along with most of my former classmates, are still searching for jobs. There's lots to criticize the Laundrie's for, but providing their son a space to live/financially supporting him (before he went on the lam, of course) isn't one IMO.

I'm sorry there is nothing stupid about this guy!
He free!
He's made.LE look like fools!
Will he be.found ?
I'm not.so sure!

No, he isn't intelligent, he has stupidly made this worse for Gabby's family himself and his family. It's not a rash or emotional decision either, he has time to give everybody his story. Long time driving, camping, and now essentially hiding.

He didn't and his actions make him look guilty as hell even if by some miracle he is innocent. All we can hope for is if detectives can piece together what happened.

Does anyone else not think it is strange that his parents or attorney are not pleading for him to come out of hiding if he is actually in the area, As a parent of a son , I would be begging my child to come out of hiding before it gets any worse especially with the alligators,etc.<modsnip>

Nope, have you read these threads? They'd be torn to pieces if they did! I'm not surprised they're remaining quiet.

https://twitter.com/abc7chicago/status/1440752895301799939?s=21

ABC's Dan Abrams explains why police have not issued an arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie in connection to the Gabby Petito case.

"They want to find him. Period. They are now devoting all of their resources as if there was an arrest warrant out for him. But there's still not officially an arrest warrant," Abrams said.

"Why not?" George Stephanopoulos asked on "Good Morning America" Thursday.

"I think that they want to gather all of the evidence so that they don't get accused in a trial later of making mistakes," Abrams said.

BBM

MOO

I believe there is a sealed arrest warrant. If not, they'd have no right to apprehend him should they find him. He'd be free to go on his own again.

So, their adult child who had every right to do so, tells them he wants to go out to preserves, which apparently was old stomping grounds for him. Likely, he was very familiar with them. So what should they do?
When he didn’t return, it was probably a stomach churning time period before they finally reached tipping point and reported him missing and in danger.

I don't mind him going for a hike. BUT, I don't know when he left on Tuesday or even before that. Parents are still not truthful about the info. The mustang was back home on Wednesday but they say they rode it back on Thursday. Blatant lies that can be easily verified.

He went to a familiar reserve.... This is what bothers me. They know the reserve. They know there are gators, bears, snakes, mosquitos. They know that it has been raining on and off and the place will be flooded. They know how dangerous it is to camp in such a place. It's not like they are new to town and new to camping. Then why wait 3 days to even report him missing?

3 days of stomach churns and tipping point would be ok for any location other than that Reserve. I sat and saw videos of people hiking through that. It is so wet and they sometimes have to traverse waters. It was very scary even for a seasoned hiker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine