Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems his behavior was escalating on this trip. Things were escalating. Anyone agree?
Also, I wanted to point out that according to an article by a previous poster, something stuck out to me as a domestic violence red flag. Quote:
"I never got the chance to meet him," Passannante chimed in. "They moved to Florida pretty early in their relationship and we're in Long Island and unfortunately we never got to know a lot. But from what she says and what she posts, they seem to be pretty in love."
In other words - he isolated her quickly, got her away from her family and friends and under his roof.
Isolation from support group is textbook. So is his constantly taking her phone so she couldn't communicate with them. jmo

Does anyone know if the camper in the Laundrie’s driveway is equipped with A/C? I can’t imagine 3 people packed into a camper in this miserable Florida heat & humidity with no A/C. When I heard those neighbors say they went camping in that camper a few weeks ago, I immediately was suspicious. I know there are some unbothered by hot, humid and rainy conditions, but locals typically don’t do a lot of extended outdoor activities (voluntarily) this time of year in SWFL. MOO

We better hope to God they have a strong forensic case. If the evidence is primarily circumstantial and his attorney chooses the right jury, he could walk. We've seen it before. I'm afraid he will try to excuse his behavior as the trauma of a 23-year-old who accidentally killed his girlfriend in self-defense. (Remember, the cops gave him the free hotel room.) If they can make that case, the bizarre timelines, and camping trips and parents and swamp-hiding may not matter.

A post upthread states our Victim GP would stay at her friend Rose's home when BL was "hearing voices" and having an "episode". So, he may very well have some legit mental illness. However, *if* he does, and chose to stop taking his meds, that will not bode well. He may end up in some county facility for the criminally insane. Either way, *if* he is guilty and convicted, he will likely spend at least 10 or more years incarcerated in one form or another. Given what we know about his volatility and that we have a dead young woman, I'd say the sooner he is apprehended, the better.

In addition, I will reiterate what I posted a few threads back. *If* his parents know where he is, they better darn well bring him in immediately. Otherwise, they might have to live with what happens if he resists arrest when captured. LE will not pussyfoot around when they find this guy, knowing that he is seemingly unstable.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Honestly an insanity plea would have been his best defense if there's witnesses that GP said that and I bet his parents witnessed the behavior as well. You don't live with someone that long and not notice, especially your own child.

Am I the only one that thinks the story from the TikToker who was behind him on the 26th and the Restaurant story on the 27th can't exist together?
From what I read, the TikToker account was that he was alone and pulled off while she passed. She then saw the van parked elsewhere the next day or two. GP may have been at another location (maybe with wifi working on videos) and he went back to get her after checking out the campground. JMO on how the two can coexist.

My speculation: she was running away from him, he caught up with her, and killed her on the spot. No moving the body was necessary. I'm not sure, in this case, whether the bridge detail would be important.
Possible that she was alive when they arrived at the site and they chose to set up the tent by the river, instead of by the road. Much better for social media photos… That’s where she’s killed, and he doesn’t have to transport the body at all. Also would make sense why the youtubers said they didn’t notice anything set up by the van - and maybe there is only one pair of flip flops because she is at the tent and he went back to the van for something.

No, it doesn’t work like that. Psychiatric hospitals aren’t like hotels—you can’t easily just “check in”. You’d need to be evaluated by mental health professionals to be admitted, not to mention the complicated issue of health insurance. Many such places are really overbooked now anyway. Throughout the pandemic there has been a shortage of beds and waiting list for people in crisis.

Well.. it kind of works like that. I've admitted myself to a local psych hospital in the past - I am diagnosed with anxiety and depression, and my first round of depression meds a few years ago made me suicidal. They took me right in, barely asked me anything. Additionally, my former roommates parents had him involuntarily committed TWICE (over age 18) with no prior diagnosis. This is all in North Carolina, but I don't think its truly that difficult, tbh. The pandemic may make it an issue, but if they say he is suicidal and he shows/says ANYTHING to the intake people like the "episodes" mentioned by the friend Rose, he's in. Plus, he is likely on his parents insurance, being 23 years old. Seems to me like it wouldn't be beneath any of them to lie, MOO.

I dont think it was the TikTok girl. It was this other girl and not the Bethune girl either. This other girl showed up after the Bethune disclosure.

Not to mention, that restaurant is over 30 minutes away and I think the girl on TikTok (or someone said) it didn't go anywhere the entire time.

what was the point of getting a truck camper shell...when they had the Van camper? I might used it to move stuff from Van to truck camper...that I wanted to keep instead of giving back.
Please tell me someone has checked this Truck Camper....

My husband and I had a lively discussion tonight. He thinks GP was killed in the van and driven to the location where she was found. He also thinks BL is alive and on the run or hiding. I, however, think she was killed outside. Who would kill someone in a car, possibly leaving death evidence, then drive that car back home? And I think BL is dead, likely in/around the preserve. Hmm.

Agreed. It is very difficult to put these two things together. I was getting the impression that Gabby was murdered on 26th August. Especially after the sighting of BL driving alone, and acting confused and 'weirdly'.
Plus we have the snapchat GPs uncle referred to on the 27th that's she supposedly sent a friend. Now we have no idea what the contents of that SC were or if it was even her, but its still out there. I always felt like whatever happened, happened on the night of the 27th. The 28th is totally radio silence from anyone and then he pops back up on the 29th via the cpl who picked him up hitchhiking. We know someone is n the van on the 27th cuz the tiktok lady recorded the van there and someone closing the door and what I believe to be HIS flip flops outside....so yea. I personally don't like the lady saying she saw the van and him acting weird on the 26th. Her pic is all over Daily Mail like she solved the case or sumthin. I find her suspect as hell honestly.

The reporter did not ask that question. I hope that LE did. If not, LE needs to pay these neighbors another visit and find out. The neighbors also stated that the camper for the pickup truck was purchased in September and BL and his dad spent considerable time working on it, then loaded it up and off BL and his parents went in it for a long weekend. Given the circumstances, it is a suspicious turn of events, which I hope will be investigated in detail and LE can verify this story and find out where they went.
There is need for another search warrant, apparently. Is the new info about this camping trip enough to compel the parents? So they went where exactly during this "family camping trip" while one of the members of their household was missing? That's not strange at all. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

Legal analysis: Why police haven't issued an arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito case

"They want to find him. Period. They are now devoting all of their resources as if there was an arrest warrant out for him. But there's still not officially an arrest warrant," Abrams said.

"Why not?" George Stephanopoulos asked on "Good Morning America" Thursday.

"I think that they want to gather all of the evidence so that they don't get accused in a trial later of making mistakes," Abrams said.

A warrant also potentially affects Laundrie's parents, who reported him missing in a swampy preserve area near their North Port, Florida, last week. On Monday, the FBI went to Laundrie's parents' home in North Port and removed several boxes and towed away a car that neighbors said Laundrie's mother typically used.

"Suddenly, if he's a fugitive from justice, right now he's just a person of interest. That just means they want to find him, right? The minute that arrest warrant comes down, then anyone who harbors him, anyone who helps him evade justice, now they're committing a crime," Abrams said. "And that's the legal line that has to be crossed. That the minute that warrant is issued, now you assist, you help, you're harboring a fugitive."

"If the parents sent the investigators off into the wrong direction, that's a problem?" Stephanopoulos asked.

"Absolutely ... If that park was a false flag, if actually there was not a car there, and that's not where they found it, and it was all made up, the parents absolutely could be in legal trouble for that," Abrams said.

We better hope to God they have a strong forensic case. If the evidence is primarily circumstantial and his attorney chooses the right jury, he could walk. We've seen it before. I'm afraid he will try to excuse his behavior as the trauma of a 23-year-old who accidentally killed his girlfriend in self-defense. (Remember, the cops gave him the free hotel room.) If they can make that case, the bizarre timelines, and camping trips and parents and swamp-hiding may not matter.

Forensics for the most part IS circumstantial. Most evidence of any kind is.

The Use of DNA Evidence in a Crime - Trial - LAWS.com

Is it possible that initially, he was at the Reserve - with his backpack… he goes in and leaves his cell phone there.

Someone drives the mustang over and parks it at the Reserve.

They leave supplies, money, passport, new phone, etc… the car is picked up a day or two later, after he’s had a chance to grab everything - and he’s already off to another location…?

Yep to this. I just wrote a post saying the same... I think they had clever ways to make the Reserve a decoy.

All this talk of lawyering up makes me hope that the Petito family themselves will secure an attorney to start working on a civil case to secure compensation for the horrific, irreparable loss they have sustained.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Cheryl B filed a wrongful death lawsuit against kelseys killer - I hope her family is exploring this option as well
JMO
ETA initials and death

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads